ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Adventures of a Woman Motorcyclist, Summer 2012 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848009)

mvelazquez 12-11-2012 05:03 PM

Adventures of a Woman Motorcyclist, Summer 2012
 
Hi,

I am planning a ride to Alaska from the Boston Massachusetts USA area and looking for riders that can accompany me. My last ride this summer was to the Panama Canal with most of it alone. It is always more fun with other riders.

Also, I recently wrote an article sharing some of my summer adventure. Would love for you to give me a vote by clicking on the stars on top of my picture that says, "Panama". This is the link to the article. Thank you in advance for your vote.

http://www.youmotorcycle.com/adventu...mmer-2012.html

Please send me a private message if you can join me on an epic ride to Alaska. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Madeleine (aka - Missrider)

nuttynu 12-11-2012 08:06 PM

i''ll be down to ride and show you around once you get into AK..

how long do you plan on stayin'?

mvelazquez 12-16-2012 05:02 PM

ride to Alaska
 
That would be fantastic if you could show me around AK. I would like to spend a week at least. Well, that is if I can find a reasonably priced hostel or motel to stay in. I hear it is very expensive there.... I depart the Boston area on June 28 and currently planning the ride. Not sure what day I will arrive in AK.

I am better at staying in touch with people via email. MMV11@VERIZON.NET

Hope to hear from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttynu (Post 20230245)
i''ll be down to ride and show you around once you get into AK..

how long do you plan on stayin'?


mvelazquez 12-16-2012 05:03 PM

the winner is
 
Yours Truly,
http://www.youmotorcycle.com/best-mo...st-winner.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvelazquez (Post 20228680)
Hi,

I am planning a ride to Alaska from the Boston Massachusetts USA area and looking for riders that can accompany me. My last ride this summer was to the Panama Canal with most of it alone. It is always more fun with other riders.

Also, I recently wrote an article sharing some of my summer adventure. Would love for you to give me a vote by clicking on the stars on top of my picture that says, "Panama". This is the link to the article. Thank you in advance for your vote.

http://www.youmotorcycle.com/adventu...mmer-2012.html

Please send me a private message if you can join me on an epic ride to Alaska. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Madeleine (aka - Missrider)


vegasphotog 12-25-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvelazquez (Post 20264651)
I would like to spend a week at least.

Well, a week should allow you to ride about 1/86th of the state. Just in case you did not know Alaska is 2.5 times the size of Texas. The weather is such that if you could even average 200 miles a day, you would be lucky. Just sayin...

HayDuchessLives 12-27-2012 02:01 PM

If, by chance, our schedules coordinate, I will gladly ride with you. I very rarely get to ride with other females.

Have a safe journey up here to our amazing state!

mvelazquez 12-27-2012 02:50 PM

Alaska postponed until 2014....
 
I decided to postpose the ride to Alaska until June 2014. I want to wait until I have my BMW F650GS for that ride.
Will be riding to Newfoundland with my Triumph Bonneville instead starting June 28, 2013.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives (Post 20339617)
If, by chance, our schedules coordinate, I will gladly ride with you. I very rarely get to ride with other females.

Have a safe journey up here to our amazing state!


mvelazquez 12-27-2012 02:52 PM

thank you and Alaska ride postposed until 2014
 
Hello Folks,

After careful consideration, I have decided to wait until June 2014 to launch the ride to Alaska from the Boston area. I will however be riding to Newfoundland and a few other rides in the north east US during the summer of 2013.

Thank you to all who contacted me. I look forward to hearing from you next winter.

Madeleine

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvelazquez (Post 20228680)
Hi,

I am planning a ride to Alaska from the Boston Massachusetts USA area and looking for riders that can accompany me. My last ride this summer was to the Panama Canal with most of it alone. It is always more fun with other riders.

Also, I recently wrote an article sharing some of my summer adventure. Would love for you to give me a vote by clicking on the stars on top of my picture that says, "Panama". This is the link to the article. Thank you in advance for your vote.

http://www.youmotorcycle.com/adventu...mmer-2012.html

Please send me a private message if you can join me on an epic ride to Alaska. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Madeleine (aka - Missrider)


stromper 01-26-2013 08:25 AM

Well I am a wanker from NESR

I want to put you on to


Horizons Unlimited where you should find some kindred spirits


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014