ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Americas (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Bmw service (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849583)

Fast103 12-18-2012 03:49 PM

Bmw service
 
Anyone have some knowledge on how good the BMW service is in Guatemala CIty or Panama. I have an oil leak on my F650 GS 2010. Warranty issue.
Thanks.

Wolfgang55 12-18-2012 05:48 PM

VREY good luck

I believe there is a Yamaha dealer in Guat City. If nothing else check there for a location of BMW dealer location.

tam162 12-18-2012 06:00 PM

Guatemala City BMW
 
I just replaced tires and brake pads at the dealer here. Good friendly service. They even paid for my cab to a hotel. Only issue was the lack of tire selection. Costa Rica also has a good BMW Dealer.

Fast103 12-18-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang55 (Post 20279917)
VREY good luck

I believe there is a Yamaha dealer in Guat City. If nothing else check there for a location of BMW dealer location.

Thank you for your reply and attempt to help. However if you would please read my post again you will see that I am aware of a BMW dealer in Guatemala City. My question was did anyone have any experience with either the BMW dealer in Guatemala City or Panama.

Fast103 12-18-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tam162 (Post 20280006)
I just replaced tires and brake pads at the dealer here. Good friendly service. They even paid for my cab to a hotel. Only issue was the lack of tire selection. Costa Rica also has a good BMW Dealer.

Thanks Tam. Appreciate your input.yes their selection of tires is not good. They are sold out of Heidnau tires right now... until February.

Lone Rider 12-19-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast103 (Post 20280539)
..... However if you would please read my post again......

You sound like a really fun guy.
Expectant....

Sjoerd Bakker 12-21-2012 08:20 AM

Hola Fast the one BMW dealership Bavaria Motors , ,and good as they are from personal experience having a rear end on my GS 1100 rebuilt there , may have a limited assortment of tires. as you report.
But did you check in at any of the 40 or so other bike related stores along Av7 Z4 and surrounding blocks , and the HONDA,YAMAHA SUZUKI and KAWASAKI dealerships of the big city.? The autoparts and tire store FPK at 5a Calle6-75 Zona 9 carries Dunlop and Bridgestone and I did buy from them ,tire mounting done for a few dollars at the willing and cooperative Yamaha store in the neighbourhood
The problem could PERHAPS also be your overly strict demands , of having NUR HEIDENAU UND NICHTS ANDERS !
If you are travelling into unknown territory be prepared to strike some compromise and accept the fact that not every place will have your fine tastes in tires. It is better to be mobile on some off brand round black airtight thing than to sit waiting months for a courier delivery of exquisite designer rubber.
There are some really good and very affordable tires put out by SHINKO and KENDA , Bridgestone IRC and others which will work perfectly well on your BMW
Enjoy the ride is the main point.

Lone Rider 12-21-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker (Post 20300131)
... NUR HEIDENAU UND NICHTS ANDERS ! ....

Does that translate into Hot Swedish Blond Chick?

I'm rusty.

Habari rafiki.

Fast103 12-21-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker (Post 20300131)
Hola Fast the one BMW dealership Bavaria Motors , ,and good as they are from personal experience having a rear end on my GS 1100 rebuilt there , may have a limited assortment of tires. as you report.
But did you check in at any of the 40 or so other bike related stores along Av7 Z4 and surrounding blocks , and the HONDA,YAMAHA SUZUKI and KAWASAKI dealerships of the big city.? The autoparts and tire store FPK at 5a Calle6-75 Zona 9 carries Dunlop and Bridgestone and I did buy from them ,tire mounting done for a few dollars at the willing and cooperative Yamaha store in the neighbourhood
The problem could PERHAPS also be your overly strict demands , of having NUR HEIDENAU UND NICHTS ANDERS !
If you are travelling into unknown territory be prepared to strike some compromise and accept the fact that not every place will have your fine tastes in tires. It is better to be mobile on some off brand round black airtight thing than to sit waiting months for a courier delivery of exquisite designer rubber.
There are some really good and very affordable tires put out by SHINKO and KENDA , Bridgestone IRC and others which will work perfectly well on your BMW
Enjoy the ride is the main point.

Thanks for the info. You make some very valid points and yes I know I need to be flexible. However I did locate some Heidenaus in CR. However they are closed from Dec.21 to Jan 2nd. I may wait until Colombia or return to CR from Panama. If not I will fit some other rubber. Gracias.
felix navidad y prosperous ano nuevo!

Fast103 12-21-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rider (Post 20287100)
You sound like a really fun guy.
Expectant....

Hope you read my private message!

Lone Rider 12-22-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast103 (Post 20304053)
Hope you read my private message!

" I doubt very much if there is anything I could learn from you."....

You are a true jewel, sir.
May the skies always be clear for your path forward.

Fast103 01-21-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker (Post 20300131)
Hola Fast the one BMW dealership Bavaria Motors , ,and good as they are from personal experience having a rear end on my GS 1100 rebuilt there , may have a limited assortment of tires. as you report.
But did you check in at any of the 40 or so other bike related stores along Av7 Z4 and surrounding blocks , and the HONDA,YAMAHA SUZUKI and KAWASAKI dealerships of the big city.? The autoparts and tire store FPK at 5a Calle6-75 Zona 9 carries Dunlop and Bridgestone and I did buy from them ,tire mounting done for a few dollars at the willing and cooperative Yamaha store in the neighbourhood
The problem could PERHAPS also be your overly strict demands , of having NUR HEIDENAU UND NICHTS ANDERS !
If you are travelling into unknown territory be prepared to strike some compromise and accept the fact that not every place will have your fine tastes in tires. It is better to be mobile on some off brand round black airtight thing than to sit waiting months for a courier delivery of exquisite designer rubber.
There are some really good and very affordable tires put out by SHINKO and KENDA , Bridgestone IRC and others which will work perfectly well on your BMW
Enjoy the ride is the main point.

Sorry should ahve updated sooner. Presently in Cartagena. I had really good seriice at BMW in Panama City! They were excellent. Fixed an oil/ gasket leak under warranty. Changed my front brake pads ...I provided those, washed my bike lubed the chain and adjusted, adjusted clutch for $30.00.

Lone Rider 01-21-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast103 (Post 20543384)
Sorry should ahve updated sooner. Presently in Cartagena. I had really good seriice at BMW in Panama City! They were excellent. Fixed an oil/ gasket leak under warranty. Changed my front brake pads ...I provided those, washed my bike lubed the chain and adjusted, adjusted clutch for $30.00.

What adjustment on your clutch was actually done?
Maybe the cable tension/length to the clutch was changed?
Some BMW dealerships will have a boot man onsite who shines the customers boots to a nice shine.
This give some people a nice feeling.
Most BMW riders do tip their boot man.

Fast103 01-28-2013 03:10 PM

Insightful
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rider (Post 20543891)
What adjustment on your clutch was actually done?
Maybe the cable tension/length to the clutch was changed?
Some BMW dealerships will have a boot man onsite who shines the customers boots to a nice shine.
This give some people a nice feeling.
Most BMW riders do tip their boot man.

Such insightful information! You definately are a prolific poster Lone Rider. Have you thought of actually getting on your bike and going for a ride...instead of cluttering threads with nonesense!

Lone Rider 01-28-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast103 (Post 20595924)
...... Have you thought of actually getting on your bike and going for a ride...

It's good to hear your trip is going well. :thumb

At some time in the future, you may feel better about doing the basic services to the bike yourself.
The less dependent a person is on others, the stronger he becomes.

Were you offered coffee while waiting for the dealership to perform these services for you?

Always, best and safe travels to you. :thumb


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014