ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Death Valley n00bs beer brew meet (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=850453)

Shunka 12-22-2012 05:22 PM

Death Valley n00bs beer brew meet

I offered to brew up some beer for the DV meet up in March. Given the number of participant and the amount of beer needed it quickly became apparent to me that my kitchen and equipment was going to be vastly inadequate.

I found this place www.brewbakers1.com and suggested a meetup for anyone interested in brewing some beer.

I started this thread so we can brainstorm and coordinate everything and not clog up the meet up thread.

I will edit this post with those "IN" as they commit. Hopefully those interested can commit some $ to this as well as this isn't going to be cheap. Their website list $250 for 6 cases. If this takes off and we can guarantee them a certain amount maybe we can negotiate the price down a bit.

[Just to clarify]
I got some "legal council" (I asked for it) about the wording of the money for beer. Just to clarify what I mean by "contribute" is how ever many peeps show up we split the costs of the brew day equally. Meaning I am not paying for everyone to go and "get free beer" everyone should know this going in. There are legal issues about selling alcohol without a license and I don't want anyone to think I'm breaking any laws here.

Chime in with any suggestions!

Lonestar2112 12-22-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shunka (Post 20310189)
I offered to brew up some beer for the DV meet up in March. Given the number of participant and the amount of beer needed it quickly became apparent to me that my kitchen and equipment was going to be vastly inadequate.

I found this place www.brewbakers1.com and suggested a meetup for anyone interested in brewing some beer.

I started this thread so we can brainstorm and coordinate everything and not clog up the meet up thread.

I will edit this post with those "IN" as they commit. Hopefully those interested can commit some $ to this as well as this isn't going to be cheap. Their website list $250 for 6 cases. If this takes off and we can guarantee them a certain amount maybe we can negotiate the price down a bit.

Chime in with any suggestions!

IN. I will have comments later. I will be happy to help any way that I can.

traveltoad 12-22-2012 07:20 PM

Hmmm.... this could be really good!

roundtripping 12-22-2012 09:15 PM

I have no idea what's needed or when it's gonna be but I'd definitely wanna join in at any capacity I can contribute :thumb:1drink

NSFW 12-22-2012 11:47 PM

mike that's a good idea, especially the proceeds will go to a non-profit group whose objective is trail maintenance and to keep them open to motorized vehicles.

slugdad 12-25-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundtripping (Post 20311513)
I have no idea what's needed or when it's gonna be but I'd definitely wanna join in at any capacity I can contribute :thumb:1drink

:deal

what he said, i'll probby just get in the way but i was married once so i know how to take orders
and if money is an issue, bob has lots yuk yuk yuk

in

Lonestar2112 12-25-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugdad (Post 20324499)
:deal

what he said, i'll probby just get in the way but i was married once so i know how to take orders
and if money is an issue, bob has lots yuk yuk yuk

in

That was BEFORE I got divorced. I learn't my lesson. "Yes ma'am is now the first response. :lol3 to the Mrs.

roundtripping 12-25-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 (Post 20327103)
That was BEFORE I got divorced. I learn't my lesson. "Yes ma'am is now the first response. :lol3 to the Mrs.

OK, so who wants to volunteer as the Mrs so we can get some funds out of Bob? :lol3

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

YetiGS 12-25-2012 03:19 PM

Do we have a date for this shindig yet? :scratch

El Zorrillo 12-25-2012 03:38 PM

i can throw some $ at this.

roundtripping 12-25-2012 05:00 PM

Is it tax deductible? If so, let's hustle before the new year :evil:lol3

Shunka 12-25-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YetiGS (Post 20327320)
Do we have a date for this shindig yet? :scratch

No date yet. I'm heading to the desert tomorrow and plan to start working on putting everything together when I get back. I just wanted to get the idea out there and get the thread started.

traveltoad 12-25-2012 05:22 PM

Yeah, there's interest!:clap

J Lewis 12-26-2012 10:21 AM

We did a similar thing for a bike ride we do and it was a blast.

Plan on eating there as they have great pizza and bread. (from the left over wheat and yeast)

Get someone talented to make the labels then the bottles become collectors items.

Have a scientist type (like my wife) mix the ingredients with the helper so the beer comes out all right, they will let you make some pretty crappy beer if you don't watch out. Ours was really good and had a kick. I can find out what it was.

It is a two part process, brewing and then bottling a few weeks later.

If I'm around I'd like to do it again.

JIMMY

hippiebrian 12-26-2012 10:27 AM

My work schedule is iffy for the next couple months, but can throw some $ at this at minimum! Let me know.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:21 AM.