ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Americas (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Alaska June 2013 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851434)

Loro17 12-27-2012 09:22 PM

Alaska June 2013

I am currently planning a trip from Denver to the Alaska in June 2013, and was looking for a riding partner. I have done a few long solo trips, but prefer to ride with someone for trips over 5000 miles. If any interest, hit me up!

Gnik Nus 12-29-2012 05:29 PM

PM sent.

steveWFL 12-30-2012 07:04 PM

*Subscribed*

I'm planning to do Tampa, FL to Alaska in July. And coming through the Rockies is certainly a part of the itinerary.

beechhunter 12-31-2012 01:54 PM

AK bound!!!

We have 4 in our group from Ga leaving July 27.

norcal1 12-31-2012 02:22 PM

Two of us leaving on July 7th, from Sacramento..

nuttynu 01-01-2013 01:19 AM

So many wanting to come ti ride to Alaska , while I'm here planning to ride out to Cali!!! Haha

duckman44 01-01-2013 03:49 AM

New York to Alaska June 2013

I will be leaving New York for Alaska the second week of June.
Riding Solo on a 2013 Ducati Multistrada.

nuttynu 01-01-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman44 (Post 20369419)
I will be leaving New York for Alaska the second week of June.
Riding Solo on a 2013 Ducati Multistrada.

See you soon. How long u planning to stay in Alaska, and specifi destination once you get in the big state ?

ParaMud 01-01-2013 11:18 AM

Leaving June 23rd from So Cal. Probably wont be able to meet up, but willing to ride with you if we run into each other.

duckman44 01-01-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuttynu (Post 20371446)
See you soon. How long u planning to stay in Alaska, and specifi destination once you get in the big state ?

The best part of this trip is that I have 5 weeks for it! I am planning a few destinations right now but want to leave much of it open so that it is more relaxed. I get a few ideas from each RR I read and have a notebook full of choices.
I signed up for D2D 2013, so I know I will be there on the 21st. Then on to Alaska!
Not sure if I will ride all the way to Prudhoe Bay but if the weather is good and my ride behaves, I most likely will try. It has always been a dream ride for me.
I am definitely open to suggestions from the people that live there or have made the trip previously.

yurihay 01-01-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loro17 (Post 20342212)
I am currently planning a trip from Denver to the Alaska in June 2013, and was looking for a riding partner. I have done a few long solo trips, but prefer to ride with someone for trips over 5000 miles. If any interest, hit me up!

Leaving Calgary june 1st or so.

AKDuc 01-02-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckman44 (Post 20373223)
I signed up for D2D 2013, so I know I will be there on the 21st. Then on to Alaska!

Cool. It'll be good to see another Ducatisti there. :brow Last year a good bud got 1st place in one of the Bike Game events on his Ducati Hyper. And try to be in Dawson Thurs the 20th so you can do the Poker Run Friday before the banquet and bike games that night. :choppa

And to the OP, I like to remind riders that they'll see/meet a number of other riders north of the border as there's only one road in and out of AK. :wink:

Good luck and have fun, Mark H.

duckman44 01-02-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKDuc (Post 20376232)
Cool. It'll be good to see another Ducatisti there. :brow Last year a good bud got 1st place in one of the Bike Game events on his Ducati Hyper. And try to be in Dawson Thurs the 20th so you can do the Poker Run Friday before the banquet and bike games that night. :choppa

And to the OP, I like to remind riders that they'll see/meet a number of other riders north of the border as there's only one road in and out of AK. :wink:

Good luck and have fun, Mark H.

My goal is to be there on the 20th.

My hope is to have a few contacts between now and June so that I can meet and ride with some of the ADV people here. Just reading some of the RR's I feel that I am with friends.

I have been riding since age 5 (now 48), Raced motocross for 15 years, been to the California Superbike School, rode all over the USA but still this ride intimidates me. I am counting the days to the ride of a lifetime!

Moto Mikey 01-02-2013 06:53 PM

Any inmates that need a place to crash this summer, I have a spare bedroom and garage space available just north of Anchorage :1drink

bwanajames 01-04-2013 08:56 PM

Just Down the Road...

Wow... First post... And I couldn't think of a better occasion. I’m in Colorado Springs and planning to launch around the 4th of July weekend 2013. Originally, I was thinking I’d just do the Tok, Fairbanks, Talkeetna loop. But after reading the ADV ride report “Lure of the Dalton” I’m seriously considering adding that leg.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I ride an R1150GS, but may make a questionable riding partner as I’m also fond of photography – this of course means frequent stops which may drive others crazy (hey, you can't have a ride report without 'em...). Plus, being a confirmed miser (the cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider, right?) unless I’m getting pounded by biblical rainstorms, I’ll probably be camping in the Northface Hilton as much as possible. <o:p></o:p>
But as close as we are (60 miles) maybe we can hook up for an afternoon ride, get acquainted and compare notes. I’ve ridden coast to coast a couple of times, but that was back when I had a lot more hair – though I did make a solo run up to WA last summer.<o:p></o:p>
I’ve been to Alaska five times on hunting trips. But that was landing in Anchorage, hopping in a floatplane and flying out to the bush. I haven’t really had a chance to see the various towns and visit with the colorful characters of the Last Frontier. <o:p></o:p>
Best of luck to you on your journey!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2f122556.jpg

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:21 PM.