ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GS Boxers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Name of that software (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851658)

FJR_ski 12-29-2012 05:34 AM

Name of that software
 
What is the name of that BMW Software which dealers use when they work on a BMW. BMW makes it...
Sorry that I can't be more helpful.

lanceputnam 12-29-2012 08:32 AM

Isis, ibid, or Icom?

MJS 12-29-2012 08:33 AM

Are you thinking of the GT-1? Which is actually a tool they have to purchase from BMW. There is a new tool required now for the K1600, S1000 and new H20 GS which the dealers have to lease from BMW for some outrageous monthly amount.

FJR_ski 12-29-2012 08:35 AM

It's a program, almost like a service manual on PC. Step by step how to work on the bike.

I think some dealers sell it on DVD.

MJS 12-29-2012 08:39 AM

Rep-ROM. It is the service manual. It does not do any diagnosis of the bike systems. For that you need a GS-911

FJR_ski 12-29-2012 08:50 AM

Yes, I was talking about the Rep-ROM.
Let me see how much Rep-ROM and GS-911 costs.




Quote:

Originally Posted by MJS (Post 20351024)
Rep-ROM. It is the service manual. It does not do any diagnosis of the bike systems. For that you need a GS-911


LaurelPerryOnLand 12-29-2012 08:57 AM

http://www.gs911usa.com/

$299-$499

Rep-ROM: $120 IIRC

paulhdick 12-30-2012 08:35 AM

I have both ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FJR_ski (Post 20351085)
Yes, I was talking about the Rep-ROM.
Let me see how much Rep-ROM and GS-911 costs.

I have both since buying my '09 GS and believe them to be invaluable. They pretty much pay for themselves the first time you need them. The Rep ROM can be copied to a USB drive and taken with you anywhere. I have used the GS911 to diagnose problems on some of my riding buddies bikes which has also more than paid for the initial expense. Highly recommended IMHO.

aGremlin 12-30-2012 08:31 PM

The Rep Rom software is called ETK, probably a german translation for something like electronic parts catalogue?

paulhdick 12-30-2012 09:15 PM

ETK is not the service manual
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aGremlin (Post 20361404)
The Rep Rom software is called ETK, probably a german translation for something like electronic parts catalogue?

ETK stands for Ersatzteilkatalog, and you are correct, it is the parts catalog which is avalible online for free. The OP was asking about the service manual, aka RepROM. RepROM is not the same as ETK. :wink:

Ayrshire Bull 12-30-2012 11:12 PM

not that I would ever condone such an action - but I knew a guy once, who downloaded the rep-rom files via torrent.

FJR_ski 12-30-2012 11:17 PM

Does Version 5 include 2010-2012 bikes?

aGremlin 12-31-2012 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulhdick (Post 20361589)
ETK stands for Ersatzteilkatalog, and you are correct, it is the parts catalog which is avalible online for free. The OP was asking about the service manual, aka RepROM. RepROM is not the same as ETK. :wink:

Gah, you're right. I've got 3 ETK icons, but forgot I need to mount the RepRom ISO to access that...

I'll go find something to blame the lapse on :lol3

viperh 12-31-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayrshire Bull (Post 20361999)
not that I would ever condone such an action - but I knew a guy once, who downloaded the rep-rom files via torrent.

I think we know the same guy :rofl He even stated he picked one up for the F650 twin his wife rides.

paulhdick 12-31-2012 04:58 PM

Yes ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FJR_ski (Post 20362013)
Does Version 5 include 2010-2012 bikes?

AFAIK it includes 2010 models which is correct for 2011 and 2012 also.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014