ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Who turned out the lights? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851867)

Cubdriver 12-29-2012 07:59 PM

Who turned out the lights?
 
Whoa, 48 hours without a single post on this forum. Everybody OK? Were the Mayans correct? Or were you all depending on DR's to get to your computers? WTF?

nuttynu 12-29-2012 09:30 PM

was nice and warm today. almost felt like the break-up season started. went out and cleaned the bike a bit.

only 13 weeks till April. soon

Beezer 12-29-2012 09:46 PM

my best present this year... I'll share.... read the link & you decide if you want to open it

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/568172...uck_christmas/

nuttynu 12-29-2012 09:58 PM

Hmmm.. Some what meaningful

AKTroy 12-30-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 20355253)
my best present this year... I'll share.... read the link & you decide if you want to open it

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/568172...uck_christmas/


My sentiment exactly! :puke1

Kul Mom 12-30-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 20355253)
my best present this year... I'll share.... read the link & you decide if you want to open it

Hmmmm. Sounds like someone didn't get what they wanted from Santa!

Beezer 12-31-2012 12:50 AM

I got what I usually get..... the bill.

Alaskahack 12-31-2012 01:14 PM

First Snow Ride
 
Happy New Year Everyone

I took my first ride in the snow Wow what a different feeling

Link

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852195

Kul Mom 12-31-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 20362175)
I got what I usually get..... the bill.

Santa sent you the bill? Harsh. You must be on the naughty list!

AlaskaTiger 12-31-2012 05:50 PM

Backed the Tiger out of the garage today and ran it for about 15 minutes. About all I can do until late April. Chinook conditions bringing warm air to Fairbanks...

HayDuchessLives 01-03-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubdriver (Post 20354813)
Whoa, 48 hours without a single post on this forum. Everybody OK? Were the Mayans correct? Or were you all depending on DR's to get to your computers? WTF?

I used to think you seemed like a nice guy until I saw the comment highlighted above. :ddog If a DR seems recalcitrant about getting to a computer, it's only because it wants to stay outside and play instead of sit in front of a computer screen. It's not because it's incapable of getting to a computer. :thumb

I feel so bad about leaving my #1 DR stored outside in a cold shed that I went out there and gave her a couple of hugs and sat on her. She sure seems lonely. Since I can't ski I might have to take a headlamp and blanket out there and sit and read through topo maps with her again this winter, discussing future adventures. She said it's HER turn to go to Nome with me next summer! In the meantime, I'll have fun riding my bicycle with the new studded tires, but it's just not the same.

Tom S 01-03-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives (Post 20388242)
... I might have to take a headlamp and blanket out there and sit and read through topo maps with her again this winter ....

:patch :uhoh :loco
Hey! I told ya, just put it in your living room. :deal
But do you listen to me? Noooo! :ddog :cry
You know I gots 2 bikes in here right now. :brow

AKDuc 01-04-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom S (Post 20389393)
Hey! I told ya, just put it in your living room. :deal
But do you listen to me? Noooo! :ddog :cry
You know I gots 2 bikes in here right now. :brow

Since my living room is upstairs, my superbabies hibernate in a spare bedroom downstairs. :brow

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ucnCrocs45.jpg

And it's not just a guy thing either. I once helped a girl move her Ducati Monster into her living room one winter a few years back. She was a bartender at Koot's and her ex was the GM of MotoCorsa Ducati in Portland. Needless to say, it was a very nice Monster. Because of this encounter, I ended up with my own Monster. :wink:

Mark H.

Tom S 01-04-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKDuc (Post 20391668)
And it's not just a guy thing either. I once helped a girl move her Ducati Monster into her living room one winter a few years back. :wink:

Yeah, I bet that’s not all you "helped” her with. What's that 'wink' about? :evil :lol3

See, Duchess, we don’t leave our bikes out in some cold, lonely dark shed like some poor dog chained up in the back yard. Mark wouldn’t do that to Comet or his bikes. Neither would I. :nono
Oh, it’s so sad. :2cry
Your bike could be inside with you where your friends can marvel at it & pet it & you can play & snuggle with it night & day.

How can you be so mean & cruel?! :cry

Cubdriver 01-04-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives (Post 20388242)
I used to think you seemed like a nice guy until I saw the comment highlighted above. :ddog If a DR seems recalcitrant about getting to a computer, it's only because it wants to stay outside and play instead of sit in front of a computer screen. It's not because it's incapable of getting to a computer. :thumb

I feel so bad about leaving my #1 DR stored outside in a cold shed that I went out there and gave her a couple of hugs and sat on her. She sure seems lonely. Since I can't ski I might have to take a headlamp and blanket out there and sit and read through topo maps with her again this winter, discussing future adventures. She said it's HER turn to go to Nome with me next summer! In the meantime, I'll have fun riding my bicycle with the new studded tires, but it's just not the same.

Well, since my reason for posting was not to offend, but to wake up a little response, looks like we got some IN VIVID COLOR. Little did I know that the normally loquacious Loquita was in cruel cryo-storage and wouldn't be stirring til springtime. Perhaps Maggie should be allowed to sit astride her til then and really warm her up. If this weather keeps up, perhaps we should all meet out in the shed with a bottle of good Scotch.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014