ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   2013 F700 Comfort Seat (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852270)

gnmiller 12-31-2012 07:53 PM

2013 F700 Comfort Seat
 
I'm about to order a new F700 and would like to get some feedback on the comfort seat option. It's about $150 and that seems cheap.
Does it live up to it's name, or is it a waste of money?

Gary
It'll be my first GS

Reaver 12-31-2012 08:25 PM

Do it! If you don't lke it I'd be happy to give you my seat plus $150!

Research the threads, it's all there.

Loutre 01-01-2013 06:40 AM

You'll need to change your seat sooner or sooooooner.... The main seat is a litteral pain in the ass but the comfort seat is great. i have it on my 800GS and it is really comfy. It's cheap and it's doing a great job!

BMWBAZ 01-01-2013 02:38 PM

Hi. My new F700GS came with the comfort seat. It's very good and comfortable for day-long riding, but it originally felt like the rider's portion of the seat should be another 20mm long. I've got used to it now though and wouldn't want to change it.

JGoody 01-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaver (Post 20368068)
Do it! If you don't lke it I'd be happy to give you my seat plus $150!

Research the threads, it's all there.

In the #2 spot for that deal!!!!!!

JGoody 01-01-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWBAZ (Post 20372509)
Hi. My new F700GS came with the comfort seat. It's very good and comfortable for day-long riding, but it originally felt like the rider's portion of the seat should be another 20mm long. I've got used to it now though and wouldn't want to change it.

How tall are you?

Cap'n Ron 01-02-2013 10:06 AM

My 2013 came with the comfort seat and I returned it a week later and exchanged it for the Rally seat. I'm 5'9" and have a 30" inseam. I found the seat too confining and put my knees just a little high. Seat comfort is highly subjective though so you should really try test riding with both.

Cheers! :freaky

BMWBAZ 01-02-2013 04:33 PM

I'm 1.8m. Also, and related to seat/riding comfort,and because I have a knee problem, I fitted Suburban Machinery lowered footpegs, and 20mm bar risers from Touratech.

duffs 01-02-2013 04:43 PM

I have the comfort seat on my 2012 trophy and can do 9 hours without a numb bottom... with the stock seat I wanted to cry after 2 hours... but as others have mentioned above, it's subjective, what's comfortable for me might not be for the next person...

Loutre 01-02-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffs (Post 20380750)
I have the comfort seat on my 2012 trophy and can do 9 hours without a numb bottom... with the stock seat I wanted to cry after 2 hours... but as others have mentioned above, it's subjective, what's comfortable for me might not be for the next person...

2hours? impressive! after just 1hour I wanted my fuel gauge to indicate me that I needed to stop...

Cap'n Ron 01-02-2013 08:01 PM

And this is why I say that comfort is subjective. I did several 700 mile days on the stock standard seat on my '09 and always felt that it was a "relatively" comfortable seat. I really find it interesting that others hate it and I don't.... maybe I just have a hard ass? :evil :1drink

Cheers! :freaky

Loutre 01-03-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron (Post 20382295)
And this is why I say that comfort is subjective. I did several 700 mile days on the stock standard seat on my '09 and always felt that it was a "relatively" comfortable seat. I really find it interesting that others hate it and I don't.... maybe I just have a hard ass? :evil :1drink

Cheers! :freaky

Did you used to ride sport bikes? maybe that's the reason (I don't want to admit that your ass is harder than mine :lol3)

arjones 01-03-2013 05:00 AM

Buy it!!! Don't even ask twice, just buy it!!

Why am I so sure about it? Well, have a look on this http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849130 .

That's a loooong ride man, no complains at all and still on the road. Have it since I bought the bike, year and three months ago and 46.000 km latter, I sure can tell you that seat works!

duffs 01-03-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loutre (Post 20380849)
2hours? impressive! after just 1hour I wanted my fuel gauge to indicate me that I needed to stop...

Haha nice - I think the stock seat is an example of the designer's/engineer's Germanic sense of humour...


Quote:

Originally Posted by arjones (Post 20384156)
Buy it!!! Don't even ask twice, just buy it!!

Why am I so sure about it? Well, have a look on this http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849130 .

That's a loooong ride man, no complains at all and still on the road. Have it since I bought the bike, year and three months ago and 46.000 km latter, I sure can tell you that seat works!

Loving the write-up so far, there is so much stunning scenery in your part of the world!

moe.ron 01-03-2013 07:55 PM

Mine came with one, apparently a guy ordered it on his but didnt like the way it looked when his bike showed up. They swapped it with the stock seat from mine before I bought it, his loss was my gain.

I LOVE IT. Its actually the first BMW seat I have ever sat on that is actually comfortable! I did three 200 mile days in a row to get it back for the 600 mile service ASAP, each day was great and I didnt want to get off. There have been a few longer days since as well. I am shocked quite honestly, I was not aware BMW was capable of making a comfortable seat.

I would check that price though, if ordered separately thats a $450 seat, is that in place of the standard seat? If they are selling them for $150, I want an extra.

http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/produ...7724099-p-2766


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014