ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Chix in the Stix, No. Six - so they tell me (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854251)

Miss Jane 01-09-2013 12:47 AM

Chix in the Stix, No. Six - so they tell me

Time for a ride girls. This Chix in the Stix we have an international guest, and dear friend returning. GS Dane will be in Australia to ride with us once again. So here are the details:

16th and 17th March 2013
Spectacular Goldie Spur track is our goal, and camping in the beautiful Buckland Valley our destination.

As always, all women welcome. The road into the Buckland Valley is dirt, but easy dirt. Same goes for Goldie Spur Track, however it is steep and windy - lots of hairpin bends and breath taking views to take your eyes away from the road. :eek1

Carry in all your camping gear - remember it can get cold in this part of Victoria, even in summer. Also bring your food and water. The Buckland River flows by all the campsites, however with people up stream doing ???? in the water, and cattle, I'm bringing my own uncontaminated water.

I for one, can't wait.
:clap

change of venue, see page 6 for details, post No. 82.

GSDane 01-10-2013 12:06 AM

:wave Yep... will be visiting and looking forward to this one :clap

I hope to see lots of great Chix on this ride (and in generel to meet - or catch up - with lots of friends :thumb)

I know that you are having a bit of a heat wave coming through at the moment... no matter how this is when I fly in on the 22nd of February it will be a major change to our weather here at the moment: :lol3

http://dotk.smugmug.com/Other/Pete/i...obenhavn-S.png
The first column is thursday, 10th of January and so on :eek1 (yep, we do celcius!!)

See ya... cheers, GSDane.

TigerNoir 01-10-2013 01:06 AM

Wow that's cold GSDane. Wish I lived in Victoria Miss Jane so I could tag along. Sounds like my kinda ride.

I don't think there are too many Chick ADV riders in WA. Maybe I'll ask around and organise some chix in the stix rides over here.

Have fun on your ride girls and post a RR for me too drool over, won't you?:clap

Canary 01-10-2013 04:23 AM

:hmmmmm

itsgunnahurt 01-10-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canary (Post 20443609)

You know you want to... :D

grumpyoldbstrd 01-10-2013 07:50 PM

Gark Janester. You're gonna have a busy March. Wonnangatta 1st W/E, Cold Flame the next, then the Chix, & the Sidecar Rally the W/E after. So when did you retire?
GOB

jardine 01-11-2013 01:11 PM

Not sure Jane if I will be there or not will let you know closer to the day, I would love to go so will try see you on Grumpys Getabout

GSDane 01-13-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerNoir (Post 20443043)
Wow that's cold GSDane. Wish I lived in Victoria Miss Jane so I could tag along. Sounds like my kinda ride.
I don't think there are too many Chick ADV riders in WA. Maybe I'll ask around and organise some chix in the stix rides over here.
Have fun on your ride girls and post a RR for me too drool over, won't you?:clap

Hi TigerNoir... would be great if you could tag along.
Have just read your fantastic RR from your wonderful trip across the Nullabor (Perth to Victoria - One Girl & her Tiger 800)... and I reckon that you could just head across again and join us in March :clap
Anyway... love your ride and completely understand your explanation about "nothing bravery... just got onto the bike and went for a ride" :thumb
And can only recommend the XC (that is if you have got long legs :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canary (Post 20443609)

Hi Canary... long time :wave
Does this mean that you've already started thinking of what to bring on the Chix-ride or...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jardine (Post 20457862)
Not sure Jane if I will be there or not will let you know closer to the day, I would love to go so will try see you on Grumpys Getabout

Hey Jardine... hope to see you on this one as well - but will definitely catch up on the GG :thumb

Cheers, Dorthe.

Canary 01-13-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSDane (Post 20472235)

Hi Canary... long time :wave
Does this mean that you've already started thinking of what to bring on the Chix-ride or...?

Cheers, Dorthe.

Only have the DR650 now, so no choice of bikes to ride. :D

What bike will you be riding? :ear

spaghettilegs 01-28-2013 10:00 PM

I may be joining you as well. :norton

Adventcha UnCut 01-29-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canary (Post 20474246)
What bike will you be riding? :ear

Husky Girl's SM610, the adventurised version for short people which could be interesting given that Dorthe is not short :D
So I'd better get busy and do an oil & filter change on it and clean out the instrument cluster of dust so it works before delivery to Miss Jane's this weekend. A Pit Boy's work never finishes:lol3

Powermel1 01-29-2013 03:13 AM

On count down here....

Just have to replace head stem bearings beforehand in Shrpa.

Precis 01-29-2013 04:03 AM

Different kind of Adventure

Girls Only Track Day #1 for 2013 at Broadford: Saturday February 16th.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The entry form can be found at: <o:p></o:p>
http://www.motorcyclingvic.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/state_files/vic/2013_Folders/Girls_only_entry_form_2013_01.pdf<o:p></o:p>

GSDane 01-29-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaghettilegs (Post 20598659)
I may be joining you as well. :norton

:clap Looking forward to seeing you and the S.Sherpa.
... all female riders are welcome! :pynd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventcha UnCut (Post 20599094)
Husky Girl's SM610, the adventurised version for short people which could be interesting given that Dorthe is not short :D
So I'd better get busy and do an oil & filter change on it and clean out the instrument cluster of dust so it works before delivery to Miss Jane's this weekend. A Pit Boy's work never finishes:lol3

Thanks for the reply, M!
I didn't want to be that "pushy" and put it up myself :lol3
Looking very much forward to the Husky :ricky

Cheers, D.

McCardigan 01-29-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSDane (Post 20599518)
:clap Looking forward to seeing you and the S.Sherpa.
... all female riders are welcome! :pynd

Thanks for the reply, M!
I didn't want to be that "pushy" and put it up myself :lol3
Looking very much forward to the Husky :ricky

Cheers, D.

Oh Dear

And the F800GS is looking so nice.
Pete and Lyn have spent so much time prepping it.

Oh well.

Guess I will take it for a ride up to the Karugh rally

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:54 PM.