2012 B.U.T.T. at Big Bend Ranch State Park Texas
2012 RDS BUTT RIDE AT BIG BEND RANCH STATE PARK
This year’s Big Ultimate Terlingua Tour (B.U.T.T.) at Big Bend Ranch State Park, Texas was one of the best yet! Thanks to a great crew of about 25 riders plus spouses and some kids, along with several who doubled up on mountain bikes.
Big Bend Ranch State Park staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful to us as always. We understand that dual sport riders are the second largest user group next to mountain bikers, and we have maintained the trust and good will of the park staff, so keep up the great job! Showing that we can enjoy the park responsibly, stay on designated roads, and obey the rules has paid off.
If you have not yet had the chance to ride Big Bend Ranch State Park, we highly recommend it as some of the best dual sporting in Texas! What you spend in the park, and locally, is of great benefit and appreciated, especially since the State's parks budget has been drastically cut.
So many people and groups to thank:
- Lone Star BMW who contributed great door prizes, they are a true supporter of dual sport riding, so look them up! http://www.lonestarcycle.com/
- Busted Compass – Stovey, the maker of his famous GPS and SPOT cradles, and huge contributor to RDS! http://bustedcompass.com/
- Mati who took some incredible photos for us, and is very talented! http://www.matikrimerman.com/
- KosmicKLR for all his work organizing, orienting the riders, and working with Park staff to make this a great success!
- Ulybrad for his fireside stories and relentless coaching!
- Frostbit and ML who made a return visit to from Alaska, along with a whole Alaska crew!
- The East Texas Crew, who rode like the wind, showing great skill and navigation abilities that saved our bacon! Plus they brought steaks for all! Seeing their fleet of Husabergs was a treat!
- JFGlobetrotter who came from New Mexico and showed us how a KTM 990 can be piloted on the roughest BBRSP roads, and keeping his wits about him!
- Webnel for bringing his big grin and great attitude, his Honda was perfect for the roads!
- Ebbs who went the extra mile to show up, but took a hard one on the noggin early on. Thanks to using full protective gear and the fast acting and park staff, he checked out ok!
- Many others, from noob riders to highly seasoned who all got along great, helped each other out, and shared their wisdom and tips.
Father and son combo from Eagle Pass....when I hit 75 I want to be doing the same thing!
See you next year, BUTT you dont have to wait till then! Come on down!
Now I'm hungry for some beef and beans...:beer
Great shots and another reminder to get my butt :1drink headed there ASAP, for some reason Murphy's Law keeps me from riding BB, but I just need to HTFU and get down there next time I visit family in Fredericksburg.
Hopefully you can make it to BBRSP shortly, it offers some of the best dual sport riding in Texas!
|Times are GMT -7. It's 05:43 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014