ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Husqvarna TR650 Terra Accessories (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857471)

Yosemite4 01-22-2013 07:05 AM

Husqvarna TR650 Terra Accessories
 
Has anyone found panniers for the Husky TR650 Terra?

krussell 01-22-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite4 (Post 20547991)
Has anyone found panniers for the Husky TR650 Terra?

1) Husky offers hard cases and a top box made by Givi.
2) Giant Loop Great Basin and Coyote both fit well.
3) Wolfman's expedition bags work, but you have to fab your own brackets

Yosemite4 01-23-2013 05:34 AM

TR 650 Panniers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by krussell (Post 20548068)
1) Husky offers hard cases and a top box made by Givi.
2) Giant Loop Great Basin and Coyote both fit well.
3) Wolfman's expedition bags work, but you have to fab your own brackets

Givi doesn't seem to make anything for Husky; Huskvarna is not even listed in their product search:
http://www.giviusa.com/My-motorcycle/

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/product...asin-saddlebag
http://giantloopmoto.blogspot.com/20...adventure.html
http://www.giantloopmoto.com/pages/the-big-idea
Giant Loop says their bags "will fit anything carrying a passenger" so I suppose that's close enough, but have you ever used their bags for long distance? I tested something similar and it was a real pain loading and unloading for camping night after night, 5000 miles+. 50 litres seems a tight squeeze . . . would dislike dumping the bike and tearing a $400+ piece of soft luggage.

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/BikeTy...d_by_bike.html
Wolfman doesn't list Husky in their product search and their expedition bags are pretty small.
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...ddle_bags.html
Only 19 litres, 38 total/pair. Not enough room.

Touratech offers a tail rack, but no side racks or cases.
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...ts-Accessories

I'll call a dealer and see what they recommend. The bike is so new nothing is made for it yet. Sounds like fabrication will be in order.

Cruz 01-23-2013 06:15 AM

Look here.

http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com....tent.asp?id=31

Part # 8539598 Hard sidebags (2 x 33 liters) including supports (lateral + rear)

It includes the lateral and rear supports, passenger handles and top case support.
CAPACITY: 33 liters each for the side panniers
Aluminium panel with Husqvarna logo
One key for the two cases + eventual top case

Part # 8539514 Rear Top Case (46 liters)

CAPACITY: 46 liters
Aluminium panel with Husqvarna logo
It can store 2 helmets (I Full face + 1 open-face)
Suggested to complete the part # 8539598

Part # 8539515 Rear Top Case (33 liters)

krussell 01-23-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite4 (Post 20555431)
Givi doesn't seem to make anything for Husky; Huskvarna is not even listed in their product search:
http://www.giviusa.com/My-motorcycle/
.

To emphasize what I said in my earlier post: Givi does not SELL anything for the Husky. Givi MANUFACTURERS the hard cases that Husky sells.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite4 (Post 20555431)

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/product...asin-saddlebag
http://giantloopmoto.blogspot.com/20...adventure.html
http://www.giantloopmoto.com/pages/the-big-idea
Giant Loop says their bags "will fit anything carrying a passenger" so I suppose that's close enough, but have you ever used their bags for long distance? I tested something similar and it was a real pain loading and unloading for camping night after night, 5000 miles+. 50 litres seems a tight squeeze . . . would dislike dumping the bike and tearing a $400+ piece of soft luggage.
.

There many folks who rave about them, here and other places. It may not be what your looking for. I picked up a coyote recently and like it so far, but it will take a season to know for sure. They seem extremely robust, and people fall on them regularly without tearing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite4 (Post 20555431)

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/BikeTy...d_by_bike.html
Wolfman doesn't list Husky in their product search and their expedition bags are pretty small.
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Expedi...ddle_bags.html
Only 19 litres, 38 total/pair. Not enough room.

.

BigDog is one rider running the wolfmans on his Terra using mounts he customized from a KTM. I don't know if he posted on ADV, but they are on his build at bigdogadventures.com.

Nev.. 01-24-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosemite4 (Post 20547991)
Has anyone found panniers for the Husky TR650 Terra?

Hepco Becker have a part number for pannier frames in their 2013 catalog (only been able to find a German PDF version of this online to date) and a price in Euros, so there's definitely something in the pipeline there.

I emailed the Australian H-B distributor but they didn't have any further details so I suspect that'd be the case for most markets, wait and see in a little while.

phishbed 02-11-2013 12:41 PM

Looks like Husqvarna just discontinued the TR650 panniers in their accessory catalog. We're currently looking for another option.

.fisher 02-11-2013 12:49 PM

Touratech has a set of Zega bags and mounting system on their Euro site, FWIW. Not sure if/when they'll make it to the US dist. Find 'em here.

toowheels 02-11-2013 01:10 PM

Giant Loop's Siskiyou panniers will fit as will the Great Basin.

Here's a pic of the Siskiyou GL has:
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps717f4860.jpg

70L capacity, no side racks needed, comes with two Hot Springs heat shields so all set to go

The Great Basin (which is 60L for 2013) also fits on very well.

All Giant Loop bags are crash worthy...more so than most soft bags too.

Dave

klxmack 02-11-2013 04:01 PM

I will buy these. If they don't make a mount kit, I will take a gs650 kit and modify it to fit. I had to do the same for my klx650

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/12/tamynade.jpg

Nev.. 02-12-2013 04:05 AM

Touratech now have a pannier rack system on their website,
http://shop.touratech.com/stainless-...650-terra.html.
Not immediately available by the looks of it but shouldn't be too far off.

eakins 02-13-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .fisher (Post 20701619)
Touratech has a set of Zega bags and mounting system on their Euro site, FWIW. Not sure if/when they'll make it to the US dist. Find 'em here.

Saw that TT USA said they would have em in mid-march

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=225

klxmack 02-13-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eakins (Post 20719495)
Saw that TT USA said they would have em in mid-march

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=225

You know they look good but with all the Terra rear fenders snapping off, it would be nice if the pannier brackets would be bolted to the rear fender. Just an observation.



Cheers

JTucker 02-13-2013 05:31 PM

I traded a couple PMs with Berg at Backwoods Moto that makes the Wolfman racks. He said he would make a rack as soon as he got a bike to use. If anyone in Wyoming would like to take their bike to him that would be another option. We're on the wrong side of the country or we could loan him a bike from the shop.

RidingDonkeys 03-12-2013 09:44 AM

Hmmm...looking for a cheap solution now until i get get some panniers in a month. I wonder if a set of $50 cycle gear bags will work without racks. :confused:

Maybe re-purpose some saddlebag supports from a cruiser? Hmmmm....

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014