ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tt2013 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857507)

dmcd 01-22-2013 10:09 AM

Iom tt 2013
 
I realise that it is five months away, but, Ryan Farqhuar, Keith Amor and Adrian Archibald retired from road racing in the last few months. Ian Hutchinson is out for 2013 due to injury. Connor Cummins should be back to full fitness, and Michael Dunlop has joined the same team as John McGuinness. Guy Martin still has to get the monkey off his back, and Cameron Donald is staying with Wilson Craig for 2013.

John Simpson (My wife's friends son) won last years Senior Manx GP at his first attempt after only 10 laps of the circuit on a Triumph (first since 1948), and will I am sure be heading for the TT.

Local media is already looking forward to the start of the 2013 Irish road racing scene.

My Ferry ticket is booked and paid, and I have my leave booked off work, so as far as I am concerned the TT is very much on.

Normally my Wife and kids go too, but due to exams, I might have to go on my own this year:tough

Bounder 01-25-2013 07:52 AM

I heard a rumour that Honda are going to be taking the supertwins class seriously this TT and some big names going to be taking part in that class on Honda machinery.

stk0308 01-25-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounder (Post 20571923)
I heard a rumour that Honda are going to be taking the supertwins class seriously this TT and some big names going to be taking part in that class on Honda machinery.

On what bike? I doubt the CBR500 is going to cut it. I don't recall a 650 in their lineup that will work.

BOOTLACE 01-27-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcd (Post 20549253)
I realise that it is five months away, but, Ryan Farqhuar, Keith Amor and Adrian Archibald retired from road racing in the last few months. Ian Hutchinson is out for 2013 due to injury. Connor Cummins should be back to full fitness, and Michael Dunlop has joined the same team as John McGuinness. Guy Martin still has to get the monkey off his back, and Cameron Donald is staying with Wilson Craig for 2013.

John Simpson (My wife's friends son) won last years Senior Manx GP at his first attempt after only 10 laps of the circuit on a Triumph (first since 1948), and will I am sure be heading for the TT.

Local media is already looking forward to the start of the 2013 Irish road racing scene.

My Ferry ticket is booked and paid, and I have my leave booked off work, so as far as I am concerned the TT is very much on.

Normally my Wife and kids go too, but due to exams, I might have to go on my own this year:tough

And don't forget Josh Brookes. Pretty handy newcomer ......:evil

BOOTLACE 01-27-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOOTLACE (Post 20584818)
And don't forget Josh Brookes. Pretty handy newcomer ......:evil

And Derek Sheil!

Bounder 01-27-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stk0308 (Post 20573035)
On what bike? I doubt the CBR500 is going to cut it. I don't recall a 650 in their lineup that will work.

Not sure but I would imagine that the 650 V-twin from the Transalp/Bros/Hawk/ would be a contender.
The guy building them has done engines for BSB and AMA superbike.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014