ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Offroad trails northeast NJ (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857513)

ngads 01-22-2013 10:46 AM

Offroad trails northeast NJ

This is a bit of a stretch....but here goes.

I live in Jersey City, NJ. I heard of some trails that people take their bikes and atv's to in the meadowlands, illegally but cops apparently don't care on the weekends.

Is anybody on here from my area that knows about this? I know jersey city is not much of an adv rider setting :cry but i'm a city guy that also loves offroad riding.

rider257 01-28-2013 11:14 AM

I heard it use to happen a years ago but I would be like to see other chyme in.

toro618 02-02-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngads (Post 20549521)

I live in Jersey City, NJ. I heard of some trails that people take their bikes and atv's to in the meadowlands, illegally but cops apparently don't care on the weekends.

Is anybody on here from my area that knows about this? I know jersey city is not much of an adv rider setting :cry but i'm a city guy that also loves offroad riding.

That was a few moons ago. In this area, your best choice would be to sign up for any of the South Jersey enduro, dual purpose 100 mile+ club rides, or hare scramble events and ride without any headaches.

A legal riding area, if you dont mind the drive, is Lost Trails in PA. You do not neet a plated dirt bike to ride there. It is extremely rocky, has a few very tight single track loops, and a few water crossing. But if you like to ride the entire day and explore, it is a great place IMO.

Starchamp 02-03-2013 09:03 AM

OP, is your bike plated?

rgb2cmyk 02-05-2013 11:18 AM

You aren't going to find much in the Meadowlands anymore. Instead you can go watch a football game or stare at a giant colorful money pit that is the American Dream...

If your bike is played you can search on here for TNJT and get some GPS tracks for that route.

Dieselpwr 02-13-2013 07:17 PM

People use to ride in the Kearny swamps down off Schuyler ave back in the day. Not sure about now.

DockingPilot 03-01-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselpwr (Post 20720822)
People use to ride in the Kearny swamps down off Schuyler ave back in the day. Not sure about now.

The Kearny swamps and garbage dump.
Yea, the problem was the mud was weird. Sorta glowed at night and would not wash off with water.
Also, trash tended to get into air boxes. And if you scratched yourself, the wound often resulted in death.
So they closed it.
:lol3
As a kid I remember driving by the Kearny land fill almost everyday going through Harrison before 280 went all the way through. Man, where did the years go.
And I cant believe I'm saying "man, where did the years go"

DirtFlirt 03-23-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngads (Post 20549521)

When I lived in West New York 70's-80's, kids would enter the Meadowlands from Rt 1 & 9 along the railroad tracks. Wouldn't take anything big in there, don't know if tide would be a factor.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:13 PM.