ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   db killer Leo Vince (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858478)

Dieselpwr 01-26-2013 08:42 AM

db killer Leo Vince

I just got a new exhaust and although I like the sound with the baffle in it, and that's most likely how it will stay, Im curious as to the sound with it removed. However, the damn removable baffle does not budge. Anyone else have this issue? Is this db killer supposed to be this difficult to remove?

itsatdm 01-26-2013 11:39 AM

My muffler came with 2 baffles. One a perforated disc that fit between the mid pipe and front of the muffler. A noise (and power suppressor) for the Europeans. The other is a ring at the end of the exhaust. The latter is held on with a screw under a plug on the muffler. I took the ring off and it was too loud for me, so it went back on.

4TooMany 01-26-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselpwr (Post 20579442)
Anyone else have this issue?

I had the same issue. I stopped trying after a while for fear of damaging something. Like you I just wanted to see what it was like; I hadn't really planned on leaving it it out. So I gave up.

Dieselpwr 01-26-2013 02:19 PM

Ok. Got it out. It was much easier with the muffler off the bike. Just took out the small Allen screw that holds the baffle in place, then from the other end, I just pushed it out. It's definitely much louder now, but not abnoxious. I'm going to leave it off for now until I can actually get out and ride.

4TooMany 01-26-2013 05:31 PM

Thanks. Good to know. Maybe I'll try next time I have the exhaust apart. I already have one loud bike. I enjoy how quiet my GS is.

GSFREEK 01-27-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselpwr (Post 20581391)
Ok. Got it out. It was much easier with the muffler off the bike. Just took out the small Allen screw that holds the baffle in place, then from the other end, I just pushed it out. It's definitely much louder now, but not abnoxious. I'm going to leave it off for now until I can actually get out and ride.

I had it out for 1 ride and put it back. It's way to loud ! The monotone BRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drove me crazy during highway parts. I'm a sensitive person. :D

Dieselpwr 01-27-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSFREEK (Post 20585060)
I had it out for 1 ride and put it back. It's way to loud ! The monotone BRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drove me crazy during highway parts. I'm a sensitive person. :D

My previous bike was a Yamaha Warrior 1700 with straight pipes. Now that was loud.

GoneAgain 01-28-2013 08:17 PM

could never get mine out either.... and so too gave up :D

but after 30,000 kms of exhaust pumping thru the packing , its sounding a lot 'nicer' so i'm not fussed about another atempt to remove it (plus figure it would be even more locked in by now..!

real happy with how she's lasted/held up though!

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:37 AM.