Utah Backcountry discovery route questions.
Thinking of doing the utah backcountry discovery route this year with 2 bikes and a truck.
The idea is to take in the scenery do some day rides along the way, camp and explore some of the smaller towns close by.
The bikes will be a KTM 530EXC. Husqvarna TE511 and the truck a late model Toyota tacoma (fuel hauler,dog wagon, luggage, tents etc). The plan is to trailer down the bikes and go from there.
Here are my questions:
1. What mods, if any would you make on the bikes? I know they are more pure dirt orientated than dual sport long distance rides.
2. Is the route truck friendly?
3. what towns, if any are close by and worth a look? (good eateries etc).
4. Where could I potentially leave a trailer for a few days while we ride and camp?
5. What month is the best time to go?...heat isnt so much a problem as we are canadian, although 40C is pushing it.
Any ideas help. Ive mountain biked alot in these areas but never done any Motorcyling down there.
I have all the standard backcountry gear, SPOT/GPS etc as we do a fair bit out in the bush up here in Canada.
If you post in the regional rockies forum you might get better response. This section if for completed short trips.
Retro, contact Tony Huegel, Backcountrybyways.com
he can answer all your questions
|Times are GMT -7. It's 01:08 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015