ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Suspension Shop near Sacramento? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862311)

Incredulous 02-10-2013 10:00 PM

Suspension Shop near Sacramento?

Does anyone have experience with a good suspension shop in the Sacramento area?

I want to have the suspension on my 07 Suzuki Bandit upgraded. I have learned that a good suspension guru can ultimately save me time, money and headache.

I will go to the Bay Area if I must, but it would be great to have it done locally.

Thanks in advance

Tyler

cobra46 02-11-2013 10:07 AM

Dick's is the place to go for offroad. Not sure if they do street bikes.

RocknTroll 02-11-2013 01:02 PM

Took the rear Elka shock off my GS couple weeks ago and brought it to Dicks, said he could rebuild it, two week later I went back in and it was still in the same place I left it.
Called him after leaving two weeks asking about it and was told he was wasting to much time talking on the phone answering questions??? and he didn't have the time to order a rebuild kit, WTF?

So I'm still lookin...

Guess if ya got WP suspension on yer Suzuki he might be worth a try :lol3

focallength 02-12-2013 07:16 AM

Tbt racing norcal.

Talk to cody

916 396 2914

Hes near citrus heights off the 80. He works out of his home, but hes good and legit.
tell him matthew sent you.

P.S. Theres a reason its called dicks, those guys live up to their name.

Incredulous 02-12-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focallength (Post 20707148)
Tbt racing norcal.

Talk to cody

916 396 2914

Hes near citrus heights off the 80. He works out of his home, but hes good and legit.
tell him matthew sent you.

Thanks focallength, I will give Cody a call.

RocknTroll 02-12-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focallength (Post 20707148)

Shoulda known :lol3

max2 02-12-2013 08:20 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about Dick's...he did my Kawi 450 and my KTM 525. He does great work on dirt bikes, I don't think I'd bring him street bike stuff....he could probably do it fine, not nothis forte'.

Check with James At Super Plush in San Francisco, he has a great reputation for both on and off road applications.

cobra46 02-13-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocknTroll (Post 20701712)
Took the rear Elka shock off my GS couple weeks ago and brought it to Dicks, said he could rebuild it, two week later I went back in and it was still in the same place I left it.
Called him after leaving two weeks asking about it and was told he was wasting to much time talking on the phone answering questions??? and he didn't have the time to order a rebuild kit, WTF?

So I'm still lookin...

Guess if ya got WP suspension on yer Suzuki he might be worth a try :lol3

NOT cool.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:34 PM.