ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Pyndon Dakar Story! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862707)

Motorfiets 02-12-2013 03:46 PM

Pyndon Dakar Story!

Pyndon IS coming to TN to come tell his Dakar story.

MARCH 30th!!!!
Location will be at Sloan's Motorcycle and ATV in Murfreesboro TN
2233 NW Broad Street
Murfreesboro TN 37129

Cost - $20

A Blueprint to Dakar 2013 with Lyndon Poskitt

Lyndon Poskitt aka Pyndon has been riding anything with two wheels since he was knee high to a grasshopper. A prolific adventure rider he has put over 80,000 miles on his trademark KTM 950 Adventure S across the most demanding terrain in the world. No slouch on the track either, as well as being a national level trials, enduro and Supermoto rider, Lyndon turned his hand to desert racing in 2006 while living in Texas. Racing the Baja 1000 in 2007 in Team Double Barrell Racing with Ned Suesse (2012 Dakar finisher), this gave him a taste for the desert and the only thing to better this was to take on the Dakar Rally and that’s exactly what he did in 2013.

From decision point in January 2012 to the race in January 2013, Lyndon will take you through an illustrative presentation of the ups and the downs in what was the busiest year of his life preparing for the ultimate challenge. The short video below shows Lyndon introducing himself and his Dakar campaign.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EQGxSuNAVKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now having returned from rally he wishes to share his experience with his friends, supporters or anybody that might be interested in what it really takes to get a top ten stage finish and make it to the finishers podium. He will also talk about his future plans and the challenges he has set himself for 2013 and beyond.

The evening will include a fun raffle with some cool swag up for grabs and will be around all evening to chat.

I think it is short and says enough with the video but if you feel anything is missing, of course you can add it in. Hope this helps. There are a few links to images you may wish to use below.

SquirrelyGrl 02-12-2013 04:03 PM

$30 for inmates? Really? Seriously?

I'm sorry maybe you have the misconception that ADV'rs are all BMW owners and therefore able to spend not only $30 on a measlely ticket for someone whom we will will not speak to, but also spen an entire Saturday not in the mountains on dirt roads, or even twisty pavement.

Tukata 02-12-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl (Post 20710975)

I'm sorry maybe you have the misconception that ADV'rs are all BMW owners and therefore able to spend not only $30 on a measlely ticket for someone whom we will will not speak to, but also spen an entire Saturday not in the mountains on dirt roads, or even twisty pavement.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Motorfiets 02-12-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl (Post 20710975)

So... just click on the next thread and rant on there... NOT HERE! :huh

ANYWAYS!

Pyndon did the Dakar rally.... something MANY ADV's can only dream of!

30 bucks...? dude that's nothing! Proceeds go to getting Pyndon here!

talk to him? uh... ya.... why wouldn't you be able to talk to him? There is plenty of time after to be able ask questions!

:deal

MrTwisty 02-12-2013 04:21 PM

I'm in!!!!!

Hey squirrely, can I borrow 30 bucks? :lol3

Motorfiets 02-12-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTwisty (Post 20711117)
I'm in!!!!!

thank you.... noted on first post

Willy-B 02-12-2013 04:24 PM

Would you happen to know if the potatoe gun he and I discussed was ever released?:wink:

SquirrelyGrl 02-12-2013 04:27 PM

Soooooo……......

Huh........ Am I missing something?

Is there a thread in ADV for Nashville?
Maybe I need to read closer...........

Are you like, his agent? For this area?

B/c if it were me, (just saying) I'd be hankering to the ADV crowd that is strongest and to me that would be Chattanooga and North Ga, not Nashvegas, but maybe there is $ there. I dunno. But I tell you what, I would give him place to sleep in exchange for a $30 ticket.
Wait, maybe he's like too cool for me tho, not homeboy like. Maybe too good to not spend the night at a local ADV place huh?

Willy-B 02-12-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTwisty (Post 20711117)
I'm in!!!!!

We were doing ok until the last zero.....

:jinx

Motorfiets 02-12-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl (Post 20711187)
Soooooo……......

:dunno

not directly no

no

B/c if it were me, (just saying) I'd be hankering to the ADV crowd that is strongest and to me that would be Chattanooga and North Ga, not Nashvegas, but maybe there is $ there. I dunno. But I tell you what, I would give him place to sleep in exchange for a $30 ticket.
Wait, maybe he's like too cool for me tho, not homeboy like. Maybe too good to not spend the night at a local ADV place huh? feel free to ask him, but I believe housing has already been taken care of

SquirrelyGrl 02-12-2013 04:31 PM

Willy b! I sure might pay $30 to shoot a good, really good potato gun :evil

Twisty ~ of course! I've got it, in fact for everyone in the area, why would you need to ask? :lol3

SquirrelyGrl 02-12-2013 04:34 PM

I tell you what, why don't you get homeboy on here and the Chatt crowd, no me, I would buy homeboy's dinner in Chattanooga for him to make a local fanboy appearance

Willy-B 02-12-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl (Post 20711228)
Willy b! I sure might pay $30 to shoot a good, really good potato gun :evil

Twisty ~ of course! I've got it, in fact for everyone in the area, why would you need to ask? :lol3

Long line begins to form.:lol3

Deadly99 02-12-2013 04:39 PM

I see this thread has a resident douche bag....

Wish I was closer, I'd attend for sure :nod

2fast4u 02-12-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl (Post 20711187)
Soooooo……......

Wait, maybe he's like too cool for me tho, not homeboy like. Maybe too good to not spend the night at a local ADV place huh?

More then a few ADV riders in the Nashville area.....Hell i know of one that has ridden around the world.:lol3

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:35 PM.