ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Wanted Rideing partner from Seattle to Seward or there abouts (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864080)

collettemary 02-18-2013 10:07 AM

Wanted Rideing partner from Seattle to Seward or there abouts

Headed North about June 5th frrom Seattle going to Sewards. Riding Yahama Royal Star Classic pulling small pop up camper (still looking) would like company to ride wiht have to be in Seward by the 14th

CodgerK 02-19-2013 03:30 AM

I will be departing Vancouver B.C on or about June 6th for Alaska. I am going all the way to Deadhorse. But you will surely find someone to ride with wherever you are headed.

My style is camping as much as possible.
I will be aboard Husqvarna Terra, traveling as light as possible.

My route includes Hyder AK, (Gotta see the Salmon Glacier) and then North on hwy 37.

Pace: about 350-450 miles per day riding.

AKtracks 02-19-2013 09:50 AM

You shouldn't have any problems meeting up with people along the way to ride with.

SpecialAgentNancy 03-20-2013 11:19 PM

I'm in the middle of trip planning and am coming up from the Bay Area. Have you considered the ferries?
I've found a good recommended route is to ride victoria island, ferry from Port Rupert to Prince Hardy then ride from there. About $400, arrive fresh.

PM me if you want to discuss possibilities further.

AKtracks 03-20-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialAgentNancy (Post 20997981)
I'm in the middle of trip planning and am coming up from the Bay Area. Have you considered the ferries?
I've found a good recommended route is to ride victoria island, ferry from Port Rupert to Prince Hardy then ride from there. About $400, arrive fresh.

PM me if you want to discuss possibilities further.

Ferry from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy...that's 350 miles, all within BC. It'd take 15+ hours on ferry, or you could ride that distance in 5 hours.

collettemary 03-22-2013 03:07 PM

No Ferries

My husband is dropping me to take the cruise from Vancouver to Seward. He iwll not do the ferries, he is riding all the way:norton

THogland 03-24-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKtracks (Post 20998003)
Ferry from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy...that's 350 miles, all within BC. It'd take 15+ hours on ferry, or you could ride that distance in 5 hours.

+1. If you want to arrive fresh, take the ferry from Bellingham to Haines, then ride (two days to Anchorage, then a couple hours the 3rd day to Seward). Or, ferry Bellingham to Whittier, and it's 3-ish hours to Seward.

Looking at the schedule (in the Milepost), the Kennicott leaves Bellingham June 8 at 6pm, gets to Whittier at 10:30am the 13th. Or the Columbia leaves Bellingham at 6pm the 7th, gets to Haines at noon the 10th. Both leave an easy ride to Seward by the 13th.

Check www.ferryalaska.com for this stuff, and www.milepost.com for the road info.

If it's "ride all the way", then get a Milepost and plan on 7-8 days riding. Can easily be done in 4-5 if you have absolutely no problems or delays, but don't bet on that happening. The Cassair Hwy route that goes by Hyder would be a nice ride.

Phone Guy 04-24-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKtracks (Post 20998003)

This is incorrect.
I rode up to Hyder in July. You cannot ride From Prince Rupert to Port Hardy in 5 hours. Anyone who thinks this is confused.
There is only 1 road to Prince Rupert. To ride there you have to go through Prince George which is 8 or 9 hours..... been there done that! Then another 10 or so to Vancouver BC then a ferry to the Island then a few more hours to Port Hardy.
I recommend the ride but if time is a factor the ferry is a good experience also.

AKtracks 04-24-2013 11:53 AM

Yep, you're correct, I got my locations confused.

nuttynu 04-24-2013 01:37 PM

Is safety guarantee ?

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:58 AM.