ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Hello noobs joining adv (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865802)

J&K 02-24-2013 09:31 PM

Hello noobs joining adv

Just wanted to say hello. We are new to adv riding but not to motorcycling.
Our screen name represents us both. J= Jade and he's just bought a new F800gs.
K= Kelly she just bought a new G650gs. We have some big plans for some riding this summer. We have a friend who bought a sertao last summer. So he surely will be on a lot of our adventures. We hope to meet some new folks thru out this summer. Look forward to any and all advice anyone is willing to share with us. Have a great spring everyone and can't wait till summer. :freaky

Alaskajeff 02-25-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J&K (Post 20803596)
Just wanted to say hello. We are new to adv riding but not to motorcycling.
Our screen name represents us both. J= Jade and he's just bought a new F800gs.
K= Kelly she just bought a new G650gs. We have some big plans for some riding this summer. We have a friend who bought a sertao last summer. So he surely will be on a lot of our adventures. We hope to meet some new folks thru out this summer. Look forward to any and all advice anyone is willing to share with us. Have a great spring everyone and can't wait till summer. :freaky

Welcome from Palmer, J & K (All I can think of is agent J and agent K from MIB:lol3) Maybe we can meet up this spring and go for a shadedown ride on those fancy new bikes:D Take some time and surf around the forum, expecially the Alaska section and you will find TONS of useful info. Maybe you can come to Dawson City in June with the gang for D2D!! I went last year for the first time and had a BLAST. Jeff

nuttynu 02-25-2013 02:45 AM

Welcome !!!

:freaky

AKDuc 02-25-2013 02:47 AM

Hello and welcome ADVnoobs J&K.

Congrats on the new bikes and thanks for filling out your profile. Speaking of which, I too am a Harley owner. :wink:

Come on by Alaska Leather Sat. March 9th for Barb's Movie Night and introduce yourselves. Fun! :choppa

Warmest regards, Mark H.

Drunk_Uncle 02-25-2013 02:40 PM

Welcome although I won't be doing much riding this year. I do have a mostly good shinko 705 rear that needs a good home. 150/70-17. Just taking space in the garage. Look forward to meeting you at Movie Night.

ThatGuy 02-25-2013 10:56 PM

Howdy! Welcome aboard. Great group here in Alaska. Its looking like my summer will be filled with family stuff so riding will be sparse (not even sure if I will make D2D this year :cry)

Solarmoose 02-26-2013 03:55 PM

welcome

Welcome from the north! I echo the D2D gathering, its a great time to meet other riders. The Alaska ADV community is a friendly bunch and we've enjoyed meeting people and reconnecting with old friends alike. Let me know if you swing through Fairbanks, we've been known to throw an ADV party for travelers.
We hope to be at D2D this year though I may ride something a little different...

J&K 02-26-2013 07:17 PM

Thanks for the warm reception. We have already planned to attend d2d. Is there a place in Dawson anyone would recommend for lodging? Looks like things are getting full quick there. So wanna get reservations quickly. Solar moose my family owns the arctic bowl in Fairbanks. So I get up that way regularly. Will let you know when we come up. Thanks again will see everyone in Dawson for sure.

klrdave 02-26-2013 10:23 PM

Welcome

Welcome! I look forward to meeting the both of you.

Alaskajeff 02-27-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J&K (Post 20818981)
Thanks for the warm reception. We have already planned to attend d2d. Is there a place in Dawson anyone would recommend for lodging? Looks like things are getting full quick there. So wanna get reservations quickly. Solar moose my family owns the arctic bowl in Fairbanks. So I get up that way regularly. Will let you know when we come up. Thanks again will see everyone in Dawson for sure.

Depends on if you are tenting it or looking for a soft bed in a room. If the latter, the annex of the Downtown Hotel is in the middle of all the action and very comfy. They even have a hot tub/jacuzzi if I remember right:wink:

Drunk_Uncle 02-27-2013 08:09 AM

I have reservation at hotel downtown. Once I have my orders I am going to cancel. If that happens you can have if you want.

Drunk_Uncle 02-27-2013 04:14 PM

Well you may have first dibs on my reservation at the down town hotel for D2D. Got my orders today. I will be in a very sunny, sandy location for a year.

J&K 02-27-2013 10:28 PM

Uncle

Sent you a pm about the hotel. Thanks sorry your getting shipped out. Supposed to go to warm places in the winter. Be safe

J&K 03-01-2013 12:43 AM

Thanks uncle we secured a place today at a B&B in Dawson. So if anyone else wants to take uncle up on his gracious offer please do.

Alaskajeff 03-01-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle (Post 20826172)
Well you may have first dibs on my reservation at the down town hotel for D2D. Got my orders today. I will be in a very sunny, sandy location for a year.

Sorry to hear that brother, be safe over there and thank you for your service:D

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:58 PM.