ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Meeting today regarding Transferable Plates and Lane Filtering in BC (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866899)

bccom 02-28-2013 07:47 PM

Meeting today regarding Transferable Plates and Lane Filtering in BC

First off let me say that Minister Polak loved my red patent leather heels which started the meeting off well, you know women and their shoes http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/im...lies/smile.gif

I had an extremely positive meeting with Minister Polak, her Ministerial assistant Kiel Giddens, Assistant Deputy Minister Dave Duncan and Blair Lekstrom. Probably one of the best meetings I have had in my 22 years with BCCOM. On the table for discussion was Lane Filtering and Transferable Plates and it is my distinct feeling that the door is open on both or perhaps a better way to put it is that it is not shut.
Legislation would have to be changed which is huge and I need to do some work in several areas. Nothing will happen before the election but I will be busy following some roads to further this effort.

In the discussion around Transferable Plates I think everyone was in agreement that it is the way to go for all vehicles but as we are smaller in numbers we would make the perfect test case. I believe Minister Polak has a great vision for making driving in BC better and perhaps moving it forward to be a better system in general.

I know you will all be disappointed it was not a slam dunk but these things take years to make happen. I am just glad there was not a no. Blair and I had a meeting afterwards and he gave me some significant input as to what is needed now. The best thing that could have happened for us was California recognizing it formally.

teamgrizzly 02-28-2013 08:10 PM

Thanks for all your hard work on this and other issues.

Mike

B.C.Biker 03-01-2013 11:51 AM

Yes, thank you very much!

squonker 03-01-2013 06:46 PM

Great news. Thank you.

woofer2609 03-04-2013 02:57 PM

:raabia
THANK YOU!

BTL 03-04-2013 07:37 PM

Bravo to U from Alberta.:clap

bccom 03-12-2013 02:17 PM

Bump for an inqiury.

offworlder 03-13-2013 12:35 PM

Any further info re this ?

Thanks.

bccom 03-13-2013 01:32 PM

Nothing will hapen for months now on the government end with the up coming election around the corner. I have some work to do with enforcement.

RVDan 03-13-2013 11:41 PM

Okay I'm sure it's a stupid question, what is meant by transferrable plates?

squonker 03-14-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RVDan (Post 20942624)
Okay I'm sure it's a stupid question, what is meant by transferrable plates?

It is a single license plate that you can transfer between vehicles. E.g. if you have more than one bike why should you have to insure all separately (at great expense) when you can only be riding one at a time? The idea is that you would have one motorcycle license plate that you could simply attach to whatever bike you are going to ride that day, thereby transferring it from bike to bike as needed.

fastredbike 03-28-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squonker (Post 20944942)
It is a single license plate that you can transfer between vehicles. E.g. if you have more than one bike why should you have to insure all separately (at great expense) when you can only be riding one at a time? The idea is that you would have one motorcycle license plate that you could simply attach to whatever bike you are going to ride that day, thereby transferring it from bike to bike as needed.

OH... THAT's what that means. (I thought you were talking about leaving the plate on the bike when you sell it or moving it to your new ride :shog duh) I'm so glad somebody is working on this - what a step forward that would be - hopefully it someday becomes possible, and that it can spread - I spent too many years arguing with my insurco over this and finally gave up.

Cody1771 03-28-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squonker (Post 20944942)

one less excuse the wife would have to saying NO to that bike you want!

blkhrt81 03-28-2013 11:29 PM

REALLY interested to see if filtering can make acceptable status in BC, if one jurisdiction goes we might have a chance in the ROC.
The transferable plate idea wouldn't have much of a chance in Alberta, because our plate and insurance are separate, I can't see the insurance companies getting onboard. Be great if we could but I just don't see much hope.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:36 AM.