ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   AMA Pro Roadracing: Daytona! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868358)

yooperbikemike 03-06-2013 09:53 AM

AMA Pro Roadracing: Daytona!

Ok, so the series is going to hell in a handbasket, no tv deal and none in sight, but that doesn't really matter -- It's spring, its warm in Florida and there's going to be roadracing at Daytona. The track sucks for motorcycle racing and the town will be crammed with Harleys making potato-potato sounds, but did I mention that there's going to be racing at Daytona? I'll be there starting at practice on Thursday and will be tweeting from the track as often as possible (Twitter handle: Yooperbikemike -- follow me early and often)

yooperbikemike 03-06-2013 09:54 AM

Jake Zemke For Daytona 200

Zemke to fill in for the injured Garrett Willis

HarveyMushman 03-06-2013 09:58 AM

Have fun, Mike.

DogBoy 03-06-2013 10:04 AM

Happy for Jake but seriously bummed for Garrett. Really looking forward to all the races at Daytona.

Mr Head 03-06-2013 10:56 AM

So, our coverage of DMG/AMA racing will be in these pages?

Works for me. At least I can find that.

wulfgar 03-06-2013 11:31 AM

I'll be staying at the track starting this Sunday night trying to figure out what-in-the-world to do all week..........

HarveyMushman 03-06-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Head (Post 20880516)
So, our coverage of DMG/AMA racing will be in these pages?

Works for me. At least I can find that.

SPEED is covering the Daytona races.

yooperbikemike 03-06-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarveyMushman (Post 20880914)
SPEED is covering the Daytona races.

Yeah, but the 1st Superbike race is tape-delayed 5-6 hours and the 200 and the second Superbike race won't be broadcast until SUNDAY. Adios, Speed.

yooperbikemike 03-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulfgar (Post 20880840)
i'll be staying at the track starting this sunday night trying to figure out what-in-the-world to do all week..........

Quote:

free demo rides: Outside of the famous daytona international speedway, motorcycle enthusiasts can test-ride the latest and greatest motorcycles from top manufacturers with free demo rides march 9-16. Riders must have a dot-approved helmet and motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license in order to demo.

· motorcycle marketplace: Hot leathers is the now the official bike week apparel and accessories provider for daytona international speedway. Bikers and fans can find the nation’s top parts, accessories and apparel companies throughout the hot leathers motorcycle marketplace display area.

· k&g cycles thunder alley at daytona: Head to k&g cycles thunder alley at daytona with your friends for a cold budweiser and great food at the budweiser cool your pipes zone. Located in the midway outside turn 4, k&g cycles thunder alley will also showcase entertainment, games and contests.

· hooters bikini contest: The annual hooters bikini contest is back and will take place in k&g cycles thunder alley outside of turn 4 at 2 p.m. On saturday, march 16.

· hot leathers fashion show: Do not miss the showcase of the most up-to-date styles in motorcycle apparel. Don’t miss the hot leathers fashion show in k&g cycles thunder alley at daytona outside of turn 4 on march 16 at 1 p.m.

· the indian motorcycle spring dash at daytona: Experience the ride of a lifetime- take your own bike for two laps around daytona international speedway’s 3.56-mile road course. The eighth-annual dash around daytona on saturday, march 16 runs immediately after the daytona 200 (approx. 4 p.m.). Tickets are $30 per bike and include a commemorative patch. Professional photographs are available.
:d

wulfgar 03-06-2013 12:11 PM

Thanks for highlighting the more enlightening topics.........

wrk2surf 03-06-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yooperbikemike (Post 20881033)
Adios, Speed.

Adios Speed and Fueltv

DestinationUnknown 03-07-2013 12:56 AM

I'll be down this weekend for the SX races. I would like to stay all week and catch the AMA Roadracing but not sure that I wouldn't get burnt out before next weekend. Looks like a lot going on all week per the schedule on the Speedway's website.

wpbarlow 03-07-2013 06:40 AM

One surprising thing to me is that Velocity hasn't been mentioned in the mix since they have a lot of moto-head content.

I suspect the single biggest problem with mc racing coverage is that it's pretty expensive to do; and without the proven big enough audience it's hard to draw the advertisers and make the necessary money. There are many smaller niches covered, but they're all relatively cheap to do.

Cpt. Ron 03-08-2013 11:56 PM

This is killing me and HLDMC. We've traditionally have gotten together to watch this stuff live while eating and drinking in the new riding year. We've been flexible with their changes from Sunday to Saturday to Saturday night (?!) and back to Saturday. Tape delayed to Sunday night WTF!?

How sad is it that we almost get better coverage from El Dakaro than from in-country races like Daytona?

yooperbikemike 03-09-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt. Ron (Post 20902922)
This is killing me and HLDMC. We've traditionally have gotten together to watch this stuff live while eating and drinking in the new riding year. We've been flexible with their changes from Sunday to Saturday to Saturday night (?!) and back to Saturday. Tape delayed to Sunday night WTF!?

How sad is it that we almost get better coverage from El Dakaro than from in-country races like Daytona?

Talk about sad, UK based MotorsTV is showing the 200 *live*

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:52 AM.