ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Why do you prefer KTM 1190 over new R 1200 GS? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870238)

Pedrogomezrios 03-13-2013 08:27 AM

Why do you prefer KTM 1190 over new R 1200 GS?
 
Hey, what do you think?

a7an 03-13-2013 08:31 AM

You are Definitely Posting in the Wrong Forum
 
Fun

Why do we love motorcycles?

igorpetrovich 03-13-2013 08:42 AM

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8303/foto14uv.jpg


to me there are several reasons:

With the R you can do some serious off road ( and is fantastic on road as well)
The frame is better
The suspensions are superior
The motor is uncomparable, the GS might be better berween 1000 and 2000 rev, but for the rest forget it
Ktm is lighter
The way the traction control activates is way better on ktm
The look is better, to me the GS looks like mazinga Z
I don't like the rigidity of the shaft drive and I broke 2 in the past, no more!

Do you think it's enough??:rofl

wpbarlow 03-13-2013 09:29 AM

If you have to ask....:evil

Pedrogomezrios 03-13-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpbarlow (Post 20936509)
If you have to ask....:evil

I just realized that i like the 1190 more and i decided that i am going to change my 1200 GSA, but i am asking for help to try to understand why :) And explain that to my sponsor (wife)

Rob.G 03-13-2013 10:13 AM

For me?

The 1190 has a real driveline (no shaft drive to fail)
The 1190 has a real swingarm (one that won't snap in two at the least opportune moment)
The 1190 doesn't have cylinder heads sticking out to be whacked on stuff if you go down
The 1190 is actually capable off-road
The 1190 is far less likely to have electrical problems
The 1190 is meant for real riders who will go off-road, not posers who probably won't :)

Rob

BigTony 03-13-2013 10:53 AM

Acceleration is fun, wheelies are fun
Lighter = more fun + safer
Fuel economy seems to be on point
Looks great (R model particularly so)

Katoom72 03-13-2013 11:34 AM

I bleed orange

NKL 03-13-2013 11:57 AM

Don't like either of them.

conrado 03-13-2013 01:50 PM

The guys in GSpot are asking questions like "can I pair my iPhone to the GPS receiver using bluetooth"...

And this, believe it or not, is the toolkit of the new LC R1200GS:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/3uguvube.jpg

Katoom72 03-13-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conrado (Post 20938459)
The guys in GSpot are asking questions like "can I pair my iPhone to the GPS receiver using bluetooth"...

And this, believe it or not, is the toolkit of the new LC R1200GS:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/3uguvube.jpg

They have an iPhone to call their dealer for towing.

Frog uk 03-13-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igorpetrovich (Post 20936136)
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8303/foto14uv.jpg


to me there are several reasons:

With the R you can do some serious off road ( and is fantastic on road as well)
The frame is better
The suspensions are superior
The motor is uncomparable, the GS might be better berween 1000 and 2000 rev, but for the rest forget it
Ktm is lighter
The way the traction control activates is way better on ktm
The look is better, to me the GS looks like mazinga Z
I don't like the rigidity of the shaft drive and I broke 2 in the past, no more!

Do you think it's enough??:rofl

So what you're saying is the 1190 is shit between 1000 and 2000 rpm?

igorpetrovich 03-13-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frog uk (Post 20938877)
So what you're saying is the 1190 is shit between 1000 and 2000 rpm?

absolutelly no! I was reading an other italian forum about this guy that tryed both bikes and wrote what he said about the motor (a bmw forum)
actually today I drove in enduro mode for a while and I have to say it's even more flexible, the best mode to drive in heavy traffic.

don't forget 1000 rev. it's f...ing low! you start driving the 990 above 3000 rev....

Alejo 03-13-2013 02:48 PM

Cause is a KTM....

Jaimoto 03-13-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conrado (Post 20938459)
And this, believe it or not, is the toolkit of the new LC R1200GS:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/14/3uguvube.jpg

Loved the instructions to organize such a large amount of tools :lol3


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014