ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Motorcycle Tech Day April 27, 2013! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870273)

JimVonBaden 03-13-2013 11:02 AM

Motorcycle Tech Day April 27, 2013!
 
Come one, come all, to the second annual JVB Tech Day in Beautiful Alexandria, VA.

There is plenty of space, tools, and even free food, yes, free food!:deal

Last year about 30+ bikes showed up, and much work was done.

Bring your own supplies, and be preparred to take your old oils home. Other than that, I have pretty much everything needed, including a lift and tire changer. Have your tires shipped to me for a change!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../TechDay16.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../TechDay12.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../TechDay11.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../TechDay06.jpg

This year I have a much larger front drive for parking, and my back patio is suitable for work as well.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ardGarage5.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...Progress15.jpg

There is even parking across the street if you are, gasp. forced to trailer your ride.

Please RSVP by the 20th of April so I can have enough food and water/drinks on hand.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you there!

Jim :brow

PS I am typically a BMW guy, but all brands are more than welcome!

PPS Address given via PM only. Thanks!

Eddy Alvarez 03-13-2013 11:29 AM

Kudos to you Jim! I can't make it, but you are a man after my heart! Less grass, more driveway, patio paving stones, deck and garage! :getiton

JimVonBaden 03-13-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy Alvarez (Post 20937438)
Kudos to you Jim! I can't make it, but you are a man after my heart! Less grass, more driveway, patio paving stones, deck and garage! :getiton

Thanks Eddy! Bummer you can't make it! One of these days!!

Jim :brow

genka 03-14-2013 11:23 AM

Weather permitting, I'd like to attend. Jim, thanks for organizing this event, it is very generous. I'll bring something to eat and disposable absorbing mats.

JimVonBaden 03-14-2013 01:36 PM

Thanks Gene! You are always welcome. Feel free to spread the word if you like.

Jim :brow

Goldburg 03-15-2013 07:08 PM

Sign Me Up!
 
Jim,
I don't have anything needing work right now, but I'd love to see more of this work being done. I've got wrenches and I'm not afraid to be shown how to use them!
Maybe we'll mount a Dispatch on the front end!

JimVonBaden 03-15-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldburg (Post 20957458)
Jim,
I don't have anything needing work right now, but I'd love to see more of this work being done. I've got wrenches and I'm not afraid to be shown how to use them!
Maybe we'll mount a Dispatch on the front end!

Absolutely! Usually half the attendees show up just to meet and watch, plus get free food!:lol3

Jim :brow

The Evil Twin 03-16-2013 10:22 AM

Wow, this is indeed very kind of you! I dont know that i will need anything done at that time, but will likely come by to watch if it isn't a race weekend. I'd like to see some oil head maintenance (valve lash, TB sync, etc). I do better with picture books :rofl
As an aside, if I do come out, I would be willing to cart tires out from Northern PW county if folks get them to me. Tires or whatever else can fit in a SUV but can't be carried on a bike. My little contribution :1drink

JimVonBaden 03-16-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Evil Twin (Post 20961041)
Wow, this is indeed very kind of you! I dont know that i will need anything done at that time, but will likely come by to watch if it isn't a race weekend. I'd like to see some oil head maintenance (valve lash, TB sync, etc). I do better with picture books :rofl
As an aside, if I do come out, I would be willing to cart tires out from Northern PW county if folks get them to me. Tires or whatever else can fit in a SUV but can't be carried on a bike. My little contribution :1drink

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing you here!

Jim :brow

RTinNC 03-16-2013 09:56 PM

WOW .... how cool is this! I would love to come so all things equal count me in. Will be one of the 50% who just watch and say "WOW so THAT'S how you do that". May change my final drive fluid if anything. :lol3

SteelB12 03-23-2013 08:40 PM

You're not worried about lowering your property value allowing KLRs to attend??

JimVonBaden 03-23-2013 09:53 PM

KLRs are welcome! I am a recovering KLR Owner myself! Can't lower my property value that easily!

Come one, come all, just make sure you RSVP so I have food available! :lol3

Jim :brow

The Evil Twin 03-24-2013 06:55 AM

What time are you "open for business"? Am I blind (possibly) or did I miss it?

JimVonBaden 03-24-2013 02:15 PM

The usual starting time is 8:00, and ends when the last person goes home! This is often at or near dark, but occasionally later!

Jim :brow

PS I was asked about camping. There is ample back yard grass to camp in.

Porcupine224 03-24-2013 03:15 PM

Sir
 
Thanks for the invitation again this year.
In addition to a chain I'd like to replace,
it will be a great opportunity to repair anything broken at
Laurel Forks.

Its always good to invite KLRs cause you'll
have lots of leftover parts on the floor at the end.

I'll reconfirm when we get closer.
Ed


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014