ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Phx, AZ Belmont Mtn/Vutures mine, Sunday March 24th 2013 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870654)

DR650SEDDY 03-14-2013 04:28 PM

Phx, AZ Belmont Mtn/Vutures mine, Sunday March 24th 2013
 
We'll meet at 8am at the Wild Horse cafee (Lake Pleasant & Carefree hwy) Sunday the 24th of March.
Ride Description: About 100 miles of mixt terrains mostly sand washes/river bed crossing some uphills here & there.
Requirments: Hold on tight to your handlebars:lol3, It's a B level ride maybe some small section of A's (C at the end). Good ride for 400 to 500cc bikes or A rider on a 650cc. Good tires/suspension is a plus for that type of abuse :D.
The layout is something like this:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=G...p=7&sz=15&z=11
But due to so many twist & turns in that area we will do mix & match.
Bigbugburg is so familiar with this terrains so he's going to lead and we all gonna eat whatever his rear tire gonna throw at us :rofl. I did some trails with him over that area and it is the best time to hit these trails right now before the mecury reach 3 digits :knary ...

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/31806164

dezrat57 03-15-2013 08:14 PM

Hello Eddy!!

looks like another great ride before it gets hot and we have to head north.
glad to see more of a mix of challenging and the normal 2 track combined in your rides....also your use of the A-B-C ratings of the technical aspect of the ride clears up a lot for the riders....with that being said...time to spoon on some Pirelli MT-21 knobby's on the 640 tomorrow.....
hopefully my friends wedding the night before will not ruin Sunday's ride for me :):)

thx
dave

DR650SEDDY 03-16-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezrat57 (Post 20958356)
hopefully my friends wedding the night before will not ruin Sunday's ride for me :):)

thx
dave

Then you should drink non-alcoholic Vodka or Jim Beam:lol3...Hope to c u on that ride Dave.

Kali Trailrider 03-16-2013 11:41 AM

Anything planned for Easter weekend
 
I am free that whole weekend 3/29 - 3/31.

Wife and kids are out of town and I am looking to taste some AZ single track.

I was thinking about staging out of Lake Pleasent and hitting the hills.
Although I don't really know the area.
I have camped there a few times and have a chance to get out there before it gets hot!!

So if anyone is up for this or better yet... Really knows the area let's try to hook up.

I am a strong rider up for whatever you can through at me.
riding a KTM XC-W 450 with Rekluse.
:ear

Bigbugberg 03-18-2013 08:41 PM

I'm in Vegas that weekend... But if you show up at Wildcat (33.847661, -111.816380) around 7 or 8am any one of those days, you can tag along with guys that do some GREAT single track. Mostly guys from Arizona Trail riders.

DR650SEDDY 03-18-2013 08:52 PM

Ridez in: Bigbugburg KTM 400/690,
Aaron DRZ400s
DR650SEddy DRZ400E,
Dezrat57 KTM640 (In for now).
Rico+Pammy.

The forcast for Wickenburg area and the surroundings look great for Sunday's ride:
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" class=tdforecast cellSpacing=0 summary="10-day forecast" cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=r1><TD class=col1>Sunday

Mar 24

</TD><TD class=col2>http://blu.stc.s-msn.com/as/wea3/i/en-us/law/34.gifMostly Sunny
Hi:77°Lo:43°


</TD><TD class=col3>Mostly Sunny. High 77F and low 43F. Winds W at 11 mph. Air Quality:NA, UV Index:NA


</TD><TD class=col4>0%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bigbugberg 03-19-2013 04:16 PM

I would like to meet at Gates Rd and the RR tracks at 8am. That way we don't have to slab all the way across the hwy 74 (30miles). That 30 miles would just cut our range by that much.

For the staging area, use these coordinates (33.853163, -112.624664) or this link http://goo.gl/maps/ePbrl

Bigbugberg 03-19-2013 08:08 PM

8:30am to accommodate some schedules is the time.

Kevinsterner 03-19-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY (Post 20948878)
We'll meet at 8am at the Wild Horse cafee (Lake Pleasant & Carefree hwy) Sunday the 24th of March.
Ride Description: About 100 miles of mixt terrains mostly sand washes/river bed crossing some uphills here & there.
Requirments: Hold on tight to your handlebars:lol3, It's a B level ride maybe some small section of A's (C at the end). Good ride for 400 to 500cc bikes or A rider on a 650cc. Good tires/suspension is a plus for that type of abuse :D.
The layout is something like this:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=G...p=7&sz=15&z=11
But due to so many twist & turns in that area we will do mix & match.
Bigbugburg is so familiar with this terrains so he's going to lead and we all gonna eat whatever his rear tire gonna throw at us :rofl. I did some trails with him over that area and it is the best time to hit these trails right now before the mecury reach 3 digits :knary ...

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/31806164

Eddie are you doing a loop or just ending at interstate 10

Bigbugberg 03-20-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinsterner (Post 20989833)
Eddie are you doing a loop or just ending at interstate 10

It is planned as a loop but anyone can peel off at Tonopah.

Tonopah is just a spot to stop for gas if needed and cold drinks.

Pammy 03-20-2013 07:48 AM

Rico & I should be in. :clap

DR650SEDDY 03-20-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinsterner (Post 20989833)
Eddie are you doing a loop or just ending at interstate 10

I prefer the loop, i am going to trailer my bike to the staging spot (like bigbugberg suggested) i know the area it is to much fun riding there than to slap it back on z freeway. Taking a break in Tonopah (gas/food) would be ideal before we head back.

KTMSER 03-20-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbugberg (Post 20986901)
I would like to meet at Gates Rd and the RR tracks at 8am. That way we don't have to slab all the way across the hwy 74 (30miles). That 30 miles would just cut our range by that much.

For the staging area, use these coordinates (33.853163, -112.624664) or this link http://goo.gl/maps/ePbrl


Just a heads up a friend of mine left his truck parked just off Gates road on the west side of 60 while riding out there two weeks ago and they broke a window out of it cleaned it out...

I have parked off gates before down in the river bottom and never had a problem...

dezrat57 03-20-2013 09:30 PM

what is mileage from staging to I-10 fueling

thx
dave

Bigbugberg 03-21-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezrat57 (Post 20997757)
what is mileage from staging to I-10 fueling

thx
dave

Mileage is about 60 miles to gas going down and about 45 back to staging.

Thanks KTMSER for the heads up.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014