ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Help----990 Fuel Pump (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871557)

1coolbanana 03-18-2013 01:22 AM

Help----990 Fuel Pump

Hi guys
Needing a bit of help :cry
Just took my fuel pump out of the OEM tank to put into a Safari tank and it no longer works.
Refitted everything, put 5 litres into the tank to cover the pump but nothing, no noise, no fuel, nothing.
Checked all the wiring and there is 12 volts at the plug.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Vicks 03-18-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1coolbanana (Post 20972687)
Hi guys
Just took my fuel pump out of the OEM tank to put into a Safari tank and it no longer works.
Refitted everything, put 5 litres into the tank to cover the pump but nothing, no noise, no fuel, nothing.
Thanks in advance

Check if the quick disconnect is seated and locked into place correctly. Give it a push once again. The lock should "click" into place.

Even then, you should be able to hear the fuel pump cycle when you switch the ignition on. Did you check your kill switch ? is it "off" by any chance ?

gefr 03-18-2013 01:26 AM

I would think a cable got caught during insertion in the tanks.

A cable probably got caught and unplugged or cut. I am afraid you would have to dismantle again...:cry

sabink 03-18-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1coolbanana (Post 20972687)
Hi guys
Thanks in advance

When you mount the pump in, there is a slight chance to tear off the ground connector. Have you removed the pump again and checked of all the wires are connected inside?

1coolbanana 03-18-2013 01:29 AM

Yes, the quick connect was good and Ive been using the kill switch to cycle the system.
Ive removed the tank from the bike again and everything looks as it should.
Do you mean the wie around the outside of the pump body that live in the fuel?

1coolbanana 03-18-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabink (Post 20972698)
When you mount the pump in, there is a slight chance to tear off the ground connector. Have you removed the pump again and checked of all the wires are connected inside?

Havent taken the pump back out yet, looks like Ill have too :cry
Man these Safari tanks suck for fit and finish.
I had to dremel the pump mounting bolt holes (elongate them) to be able to bolt it on.
The main O ring is also a very loose fit, is that normal?

Vicks 03-18-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1coolbanana (Post 20972702)
Yes, the quick connect was good and Ive been using the kill switch to cycle the system.
Ive removed the tank from the bike again and everything looks as it should.
Do you mean the wie around the outside of the pump body that live in the fuel?

with the pump out of the tank now, check if the pump is getting 12V at the female spade terminals ? If it does, then the problem could be with the pump motor. Else the problem is a damaged/torn wiring between the main connector harness and the harness on the pump side.

1coolbanana 03-18-2013 02:05 AM

Thanks for the responses guys, found the problem.
Id dislodged one of the internal spade connectors from inside the pump.
All back together and plugged it in and it makes noise so Ill put it back into the tank and see what happens :clap
Thanks very much :D

1coolbanana 03-18-2013 03:41 AM

Yep........all good now, thanks guys :clap

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:55 PM.