ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Trials (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How's the sizing on Balanced Oils? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871998)

OlyRider 03-19-2013 12:37 PM

How's the sizing on Balanced Oils?
 
I'm going to have to mail order them.

I'm a size 12 in just about everything. My Sidi Force and Alpinestar Scouts both fit just fine. Are Gaernes true to size?

Also, I'm tall and thin. Are the Balanced Oils made for skinny, normal or fat calves?

Thanks!

DerViking 03-19-2013 12:56 PM

I would rank them as true to size, maybe a bit long. I have 13.25 or so feet, and the Garne 13's fit great.

I am not as built in the calve as Graydog, but not skinny either, I would say they are a moderate calve size. When I try to stuff my jeans into them they get a little tight.

Great boots though, I highly recommend.

DrKayak 03-19-2013 02:08 PM

I wear a 10.5 or 11. 11 for sure in Sidi. Went with a 10 in the Ballance. Fits good,

Gaerne converts a Euro 44.5 to a US 10. Usually a 44.5 = 10.5 ---- 44.5 EU is my size in many shoes.

They show US 12 = 47 EU.

ridenm 03-19-2013 02:16 PM

I had to send a pair of the waterproof Balance oiled back. The WP bootie ruined the fit I was used to in my old non-waterproof pair by reducing the toe box to a painfully confined space.

Kyler 03-19-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrKayak (Post 20985925)
I wear a 10.5 or 11. 11 for sure in Sidi. Went with a 10 in the Ballance. Fits good,

Gaerne converts a Euro 44.5 to a US 10. Usually a 44.5 = 10.5 ---- 44.5 EU is my size in many shoes.

They show US 12 = 47 EU.

Sidis fit narrow feet well. Do the Gaerne also fit narrow feet?

DerViking 03-19-2013 06:07 PM

Yes, they fit narrow feet. At least mine.

I wear Redwing work boots and Vasques otherwise, because I don't slop around in them. I don't know that the Garne are quite that good, but I find them to fit pretty well.

2whlrcr 03-20-2013 02:33 PM

I wear 45 in Sidis and I believe my Balance Oils are 11's, so I would say true to size. I also wear 11 street shoes.

Kyler 03-20-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerViking (Post 20987790)
Yes, they fit narrow feet. At least mine.

I wear Redwing work boots and Vasques otherwise, because I don't slop around in them. I don't know that the Garne are quite that good, but I find them to fit pretty well.

Thanks - I too wear Red Wing work boots and have Sidi MX boots - both fit my narrow feet very well.

OlyRider 03-20-2013 07:45 PM

Work boots
 
Der Viking and Kyler,

Are you saying you ride Trial bikes in Redwings?

Or are you just making a comparison?

Kyler 03-21-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlyRider (Post 20997116)
Der Viking and Kyler,

Are you saying you ride Trial bikes in Redwings?

Or are you just making a comparison?

I'm making a comparison.

neilking 03-21-2013 04:07 PM

My foot size is 12.5c. I can wear the 11 or 12 balanced oiled. The 11 is a little small and the 12 is a little big but are very comfortable. The thing I don't like about the 12 (47EU) is the physical size, I hit my feet on stuff a lot. But I did that with the 11's too :cry

neilking 03-21-2013 04:11 PM

Wolfsport boots are sized totally different. 45 EU is size 12 US.

DerViking 03-21-2013 06:08 PM

Redwings are soft enough soles to ride trials in, but the stepped heal is a little annoying. I ride to work every day in them though. Not the greatest protection, but abrasion resistant at least.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014