ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   2013 Konflict Forks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872595)

jengel451 03-21-2013 04:11 PM

2013 Konflict Forks
 
They literally just arrived and I unpacked them.

I can tell you right now, the stiction that was felt before I sent them was pretty bad. These don't have ANY, zero.

I really love that the bottom adjuster has a rubber cap on it so it stays clean, nice touch.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...pscb010842.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps63d72ff3.jpg

ebrabaek 03-21-2013 04:37 PM

I am looking fwd for your review of these, as my suspension is the last of the Mohicans on my bike.... How much was the cost again...??? Perhaps you can post a link to the vendors section.....:clap

jengel451 03-21-2013 05:14 PM

You're like smart and stuff!:rofl

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=37

ebrabaek 03-21-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jengel451 (Post 21003907)

Yes.... Yes I am....:clap:lol3:freaky

ebrabaek 03-21-2013 05:48 PM

I am sure they are great, but way to costly for me.

jengel451 03-21-2013 05:51 PM

I guess it's all in what's important to you. Suspension is one of those things I refuse to ride around anymore. I've had too many clapped out POS'es that ended up crashing me on my head because of ill handling.

ebrabaek 03-21-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jengel451 (Post 21004185)
I guess it's all in what's important to you. Suspension is one of those things I refuse to ride around anymore. I've had too many clapped out POS'es that ended up crashing me on my head because of ill handling.

Yeppers. I will go the ghetto way, as 2K is a bit high. Not arguing the surely fantastic product, and It is important to me. But out of my price level....as other options are avail for less.

jengel451 03-21-2013 07:22 PM

Got it all buttoned up and opened the garage door to a blizzard......are you freaking kidding me????

Grits&Gravy 03-21-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jengel451 (Post 21003451)
They literally just arrived and I unpacked them.

I can tell you right now, the stiction that was felt before I sent them was pretty bad. These don't have ANY, zero.

I really love that the bottom adjuster has a rubber cap on it so it stays clean, nice touch.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...pscb010842.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps63d72ff3.jpg

NICE!!!

Alex is currently Shivering the front forks on my 2011 F800GS and supplying me a a new rear shock. So far he has been awesome and I'm talking to him about upgrading the suspension on my other bike.

biodieselandon 03-21-2013 07:26 PM

Do you know what he used to upgrade them? How long did it take? I will be doing this very soon.

jengel451 03-21-2013 07:42 PM

You should reach out to Alex, he can give you the scoop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by biodieselandon (Post 21004854)
Do you know what he used to upgrade them? How long did it take? I will be doing this very soon.


biodieselandon 03-21-2013 09:30 PM

I have talked to him already. I just need to take the next step... $$$

biodieselandon 03-21-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jengel451 (Post 21004836)
Got it all buttoned up and opened the garage door to a blizzard......are you freaking kidding me????


You mean this one?

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...16115624_o.jpg

jengel451 03-22-2013 10:49 PM

I put a few miles on them today, crap weather around here lately. The front definitely feels more plush and not as vague as before, I can actually tell what the front end is doing. Hit a few holes and such, the front soaks it up nicely. Unfortunately the stock rear shock makes the bike completely unbalanced.

Got the Wilbers this evening and just finished installing.

jengel451 03-23-2013 02:41 PM

Got out a bit today, did a little track that's in the field behind us. has a little jump, a couple G out's and some small whoops.

Smooth as freaking butter man. I mean, it's still a big bike, but it was so nice and smooth over everything, landing onto flat was no problem. G out's no issue and the 50 yards of small whoops (probably 8" deep) was nothing.

I'm 100% sold. Honestly, it feels like 50 pounds or so was taken off the bike.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps171571e3.jpg


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014