ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   GPS With Missed Call alert? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873364)

mattlikesbikes 03-24-2013 06:58 PM

GPS With Missed Call alert?

Anyone know of a GPS unit (pref. Garmin) that will display if you have a missed call?

When I am out on a ride I rarely hear my phone ring or feel it vibrate. It's in my chest pocket and would prefer to keep it there. But if I had some kinda of Bluetooth caller ID, hell even just a plinky red light, I'd be fine.

Thanks

Emmbeedee 03-24-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlikesbikes (Post 21025848)
Anyone know of a GPS unit (pref. Garmin) that will display if you have a missed call?

When I am out on a ride I rarely hear my phone ring or feel it vibrate. It's in my chest pocket and would prefer to keep it there. But if I had some kinda of Bluetooth caller ID, hell even just a plinky red light, I'd be fine.

Thanks

I'm not aware of any unit that will, but why don't you just get a headset intercom and you could answer the call if it's important enough to you? I answer calls on my Scala G4, and often people can't even tell I'm on a ride.

bobbo 03-24-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlikesbikes (Post 21025848)

Thanks

I have a garmin nuvi , it has bluetooth to my phone and acts like a speaker phone in my car, may need a headset or something for it to work , but it shows the call and text msg on the screen , hope this helps

mattlikesbikes 03-24-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbo (Post 21026001)
I have a garmin nuvi , it has bluetooth to my phone and acts like a speaker phone in my car, may need a headset or something for it to work , but it shows the call and text msg on the screen , hope this helps

This is a great start. I had looked at the Nuvi, but it says very little on the garmin site about the features.

I don't really want to take calls while I ride, thus I am staying away from temptation with a headset. But if the GPS wants to think it is a speakerphone and give me caller ID, that would be great.

bobbo 03-25-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlikesbikes (Post 21026061)
This is a great start. I had looked at the Nuvi, but it says very little on the garmin site about the features.

I don't really want to take calls while I ride, thus I am staying away from temptation with a headset. But if the GPS wants to think it is a speakerphone and give me caller ID, that would be great.

ill figure out what nuvi i have today , its an older one , it plays mp3 and has an fm transmitter , worked great for what i have used it for , i bought a cheap waterproof mount off ebay and use it on my triumph

Emmbeedee 03-25-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbo (Post 21026001)

What your Nuvi does depends on which phone it's paired with. Back when I had a POS Samsung phone, my 780 read and allowed me to reply via the keyboard to text messages, gave me a lot of the features the phone offered, but now that I have an iPhone, this same Nuvi 780 only gives me hands free phone features. Nothing else.

So test any gps units with your own phone.

bhb 03-25-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmbeedee (Post 21034355)
What your Nuvi does depends on which phone it's paired with. Back when I had a POS Samsung phone, my 780 read and allowed me to reply via the keyboard to text messages, gave me a lot of the features the phone offered, but now that I have an iPhone, this same Nuvi 780 only gives me hands free phone features. Nothing else.

So test any gps units with your own phone.

Similar to in-dash OEM car nav systems. My cars nav allows for text message display, but iPhone doesn't support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenny61 03-25-2013 10:55 PM

last time I missed a cal it was on my phone:huh

:hide

OkieTom 03-26-2013 03:11 AM

My Zumo 665 will display the incoming call when paired to your phone, personally I would suggest a headset but if you just want to know when you have an incoming call it will do that without one.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:12 AM.