ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   We pay too much (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876307)

robbiedobbie 04-05-2013 12:09 AM

We pay too much
 
Have a look at the bikes on here, almost worth a group buy:evil

http://www.fctrott.co.uk/trailbikes/

Not connected in any way to the business, just thought it might be of interest.

JohnG. 04-05-2013 01:02 AM

Certainly very cheap,...explains why the poms often break many models down for parts to sell global on fleabay.

ckjackson1 04-05-2013 01:02 AM

MMMMMM - like the look of a couple of those super Tenere's, wonder what it would cost to ship one out here???

Prices are in UK money through so by the time you add that and shipping probably not worth it unless like you say we do a group buy anmd fill a 20' shipping container with a few......

:norton

podge NT 04-05-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbiedobbie (Post 21113001)
Have a look at the bikes on here, almost worth a group buy:evil

http://www.fctrott.co.uk/trailbikes/

Not connected in any way to the business, just thought it might be of interest.


Lack of compliance would be an issue.

Jazdiver 04-05-2013 03:04 PM

Most are getting that old that we Mexicans can club register them and put them back on the road.

tHEtREV 04-05-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckjackson1 (Post 21113108)
MMMMMM - like the look of a couple of those super Tenere's, wonder what it would cost to ship one out here???

Prices are in UK money through so by the time you add that and shipping probably not worth it unless like you say we do a group buy anmd fill a 20' shipping container with a few......

:norton

And because its value is over $1000 there is an import tax or duty on top of that.

I didn't think most of those prices looked that great for such old bikes.

panhead_pete 04-05-2013 05:53 PM

If its newer than Dec 88 it needs to meet 2013 ADRs.

Prior to that up to '72 it still needs complaince but for the year its made.

If you guys know a way to get club rego and circumvent that please PM me.

No import duty etc. Only 10% GST on all costs (shipping and purchase).

tHEtREV 04-05-2013 06:44 PM

I see you are correct...

I had read that you had to pay duty on parts with a vale of over a grand, so I assumed the whole bike was subject to it too...

I'll have to go back and double check my facts on the parts now as well.:lol3

fallingoff 04-05-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tHEtREV (Post 21119812)
I see you are correct...

I had read that you had to pay duty on parts with a vale of over a grand, so I assumed the whole bike was subject to it too...

I'll have to go back and double check my facts on the parts now as well.:lol3

just import in parts

under 1k each

make sure it was a model that was not sold in oz.

it gets trickier and trickier

cheers

crash n bern 04-06-2013 01:33 AM

Those prices are in pounds, you can add about a third to convert to AU, then add $1,000 or so to ship and then import duty. Not cheap anymore. You would get better buy's in the U.S.

panhead_pete 04-06-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tHEtREV (Post 21119812)
I see you are correct...

I had read that you had to pay duty on parts with a vale of over a grand, so I assumed the whole bike was subject to it too...

I'll have to go back and double check my facts on the parts now as well.:lol3

If anyone ever needs help with this sort of thing I bring bikes and cars in from the US and am more than willing to share what I know.

Precis 04-06-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash n bern (Post 21121241)
Those prices are in pounds, you can add about a third to convert to AU, then add $1,000 or so to ship and then import duty. Not cheap anymore. You would get better buy's in the U.S.

Brit-bikes rust to buggery - even if they're not ridden in winter, when the councils thoughtfully dump hundreds of tons of salt into the snow to make the melted water especially corrosive: my bikes spent two winters in the UK - locked up in a nice warm shed and not ridden between October & May - and EVERYTHING rusted: alloy grew a fur coat, stainless spokes turned orange - even the damn tyres had green mould on them.

JohnG. 04-06-2013 04:33 PM

Sounds a bit like coastal nth Qld,only its warmer here...:ear


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014