ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Layin' down tracks (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BMW NAV IV Software Update 4.90 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876315)

PhilSpace 04-05-2013 01:48 AM

BMW NAV IV Software Update 4.90

Just installed it, the comments on fixes from Garmin are:
  • Added AVRCP capability to NAV IV
  • Fixed an error with the connection to the iPhone 4S
  • Fixed a communication problem with LIN mounts
The one I don't get is AVRCP, it's the bluetooth Audio/Video Remote Control Profile, don't know what it would be used for. I'm also curious about the LIN bus update, so I'm anxious to try it.

9Dave 04-06-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilSpace (Post 21113210)
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile, don't know what it would be used for. I'm also curious about the LIN bus update, so I'm anxious to try it.

It's so it can talk to Skynet.....

PhilSpace 04-06-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9Dave (Post 21121575)
It's so it can talk to Skynet.....

:dunno I'm going to try it today and then ride up to NY with it tomorrow, we shall see.

DRTBYK 04-06-2013 06:48 AM

The AVRCP and LIN updates are to support the new interactive features of the BMW GS and K1600GT/L.

For example; automatically showing you the nearest Gas Station when the Reserve Light turns on.

Cheers,

PhilSpace 04-06-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTBYK (Post 21122154)
The AVRCP and LIN updates are to support the new interactive features of the BMW GS and K1600GT/L.

For example; automatically showing you the nearest Gas Station when the Reserve Light turns on.

Cheers,

Thanks. Some of the features are pretty cool, like actual distance to empty displayed on the GPS and setting the clock on the bike from the GPS. I will play with it today. :ricky

/dev/null 04-09-2013 02:20 PM

I believe AVRCP is also responsible for allowing you to skip/pause/replay tracks from a BT audio headset. (I thought this was part of AVRCP and not A2DP, but not 100% certain).

I can confirm that Bluetooth music still sounds like S___ on 4.90 though, so it really doesn't matter.

BlueLghtning 04-10-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by /dev/null (Post 21147029)
I believe AVRCP is also responsible for allowing you to skip/pause/replay tracks from a BT audio headset. (I thought this was part of AVRCP and not A2DP, but not 100% certain).

I can confirm that Bluetooth music still sounds like S___ on 4.90 though, so it really doesn't matter.

Yep AVRCP is basically control over a device playing music like pause/play/skip. It actually goes hand and hand with A2DP. A2DP is just the stereo music side of of hearing your music, but does nothing to actually allow you to control your music via a remote device.

Moto Mikey 04-12-2013 05:07 PM

Anyone able to get a custom Splash (start up) screen to work on the BMW Nav IV? I made a custom one, transfered the file and selected it as the splash screen in settings, but it still shows the stock BMW start up screen. :huh

DRTBYK 04-13-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto Mikey (Post 21173106)
Anyone able to get a custom Splash (start up) screen to work on the BMW Nav IV? I made a custom one, transfered the file and selected it as the splash screen in settings, but it still shows the stock BMW start up screen. :huh

I don't believe you'll be able to bypass the BMW code as it loads after the Garmin standard Boot.

Cheers,

alinford 07-26-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto Mikey (Post 21173106)

I know I am responding to an old question, but I was able to change mine like following these instructions.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:34 AM.