ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Where to ride near Vegas? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=878134)

Yardstick 04-11-2013 03:03 PM

Where to ride near Vegas?
 
Are there any good day (mostly dirt) rides near Vegas? I might be up there in the first part of May.

ybracing 04-12-2013 11:58 PM

What kind of ride are you looking for?

Yardstick 04-13-2013 07:01 AM

I was thinking something big bike friendly. I'd likely bring the Super Enduro unless there is some spectacular singletrack there. You know the kind of rides I'm used to. :D

sealsam 04-13-2013 07:11 AM

This may help...

http://my2wheels.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

but, post the pics here on ADV.

tbarstow 04-13-2013 09:43 AM

Little bike single track is in Nelson Hills, south of Boulder City.

Big bike stuff is everywhere, just make sure you are out of the city areas that are closed.

Yardstick 04-13-2013 10:46 AM

So if I have three days and a Super Enduro, what are the "must-do" rides?

tbarstow 04-13-2013 06:55 PM

Go over Wheeler Pass, then come back through Rocky Gap and out Red Rock Canyon.

Go to the small town of Nelson, head south and explore the routes out to the river and back.

If you don't mind some freeway, go hit Toroweap.

ybracing 04-16-2013 01:18 AM

"must do" rides? I don't know. Here are a few good ones that I like.

1. Vegas to Caliente for lunch via Corn Creek, Alamo rd, Silverstate trails, Elgin, Mormon Pass.

2. Vegas to Primm via Cottonwood, Goodsprings, Sandy Valley, Jean.

3. Valley of Fire. I have only done this one once and don't recall the route. It is a very nice scenic area. I am sure someone has tracks.

I have tracks for the first 2 and could email them to you if you are interested.

yzfcathy 04-18-2013 09:07 AM

not dirt worthy
 
Aww shucks, I have my street bike in Vegas now. A little entertainment when I'm there. Left the dirt bike at home.

Flashman1 04-20-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzfcathy (Post 21214777)
Aww shucks, I have my street bike in Vegas now. A little entertainment when I'm there. Left the dirt bike at home.

Wow - you are legend!

Sorry Skip.

Marius356 05-22-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbarstow (Post 21179478)
Go over Wheeler Pass, then come back through Rocky Gap and out Red Rock Canyon.

Go to the small town of Nelson, head south and explore the routes out to the river and back.

If you don't mind some freeway, go hit Toroweap.

Totally Toroweap - great place. Use the search to find the Toroweap thread. Its a little bit complicated to find without GPS, but in all ways worth the ride.
From a European (German...) point of view:
The most remote place I have ever been. Great sky a night with lots of stars. Well maintained campground (toilets, benches, tables...) and no fee to pay.

I also remember riding a (prepared) "gravel" road from Henderson to Boulder City (where the Hoover Dam is) with Tim (tbarstow).

Scary shourtcut, I still hear the babyhead-size rocks knocking on my Africa Twin's skid-plate.:eek1

tbarstow 05-22-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius356 (Post 21463106)
[B]
I also remember riding a (prepared) "gravel" road from Henderson to Boulder City (where the Hoover Dam is) with Tim (tbarstow).

Scary shourtcut, I still hear the babyhead-size rocks knocking on my Africa Twin's skid-plate.:eek1

Rocks? I don't recall any rocks......:D


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014