ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=878148)

nachtflug 04-11-2013 03:24 PM

2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series
 
I've been prodded to jump the gate and grab the holeshot.

I used to start my Can Am 250 MX1 in 3rd gear that thing could pull..

Here's too a safe and successful series for everyone who enters.

I don't know how many I'll make but I'm thinking 3 isn't enough.

Washougal tops my wish list.

Thank you and god bless anyone whoever raced MX with a pony tail sticking out of the back of a helmet. :super

nachtflug 04-11-2013 03:27 PM

http://www.allisports.com/motocross/...nship-schedule

pbarmy 04-11-2013 05:51 PM

With Steel City gone,I've been trying to talk my son into going to Mt Morris.My buddy has the motorcycle shop and gets passes for Red Bud,hospitality tent and all.I hope everyone that's racing now stays healthy and those that are recovering get well soon!:clap

GalacticGS 04-11-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachtflug (Post 21164434)
Washougal tops my wish list.

I live only about 5 miles from Washougal as the crow flies, but unfortunately have only been twice in about the last 8 years (due to being away on business most of the time). But it's a great venue and track!

ADK 04-11-2013 06:20 PM

:lurk

IgoFar 04-11-2013 06:56 PM

I'll be hitting Bristol and Budds Creek for sure, and maybe Unadilla. I can't wait! Looks like everyone will be healthy, should be a great season.

nachtflug 04-11-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IgoFar (Post 21165976)
I'll be hitting Bristol and Budds Creek for sure, and maybe Unadilla. I can't wait! Looks like everyone will be healthy, should be a great season.

what do you know about the Bristol track and facility? is this a brand new built for the purpose of hosting a national track?

IgoFar 04-11-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachtflug (Post 21166024)
what do you know about the Bristol track and facility? is this a brand new built for the purpose of hosting a national track?

The track is actually in Blountville,Tn. just outside of Bristol. I've passed the track exit off of I 81, but I've never been to it. The track has been around since the 70's and has been frequented by all of the top riders that have came from that part of the country, Damon Bradshaw and Mike Brown, to name a couple. The areas terrain is mountainous, so I'm sure it will be a great track.

pbarmy 04-12-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IgoFar (Post 21166627)
The track is actually in Blountville,Tn. just outside of Bristol. I've passed the track exit off of I 81, but I've never been to it. The track has been around since the 70's and has been frequented by all of the top riders that have came from that part of the country, Damon Bradshaw and Mike Brown, to name a couple. The areas terrain is mountainous, so I'm sure it will be a great track.

Brownies home track?That guys a machine!

IgoFar 04-13-2013 10:55 AM

Yeah, that is Brownies home track. The guy has been around forever and he still maintains his no. 3 plate. I wonder if he had any role in bringing the national there? Either way, I'm sure he'll be there suited up. Should be a great weekend!

chasbo 04-13-2013 01:37 PM

I really want to make Mt. Morris this year. I am going to have to black that weekend out on my calender.

AlsoRan 04-13-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GalacticGS (Post 21165632)
I live only about 5 miles from Washougal as the crow flies, but unfortunately have only been twice in about the last 8 years (due to being away on business most of the time). But it's a great venue and track!

I used to fly up from So.Cal to go to Washougal just because it was the best event on the West Coast - hands down. You could get close to the track and the pits were good viewing also. I remember a support class where some guy held it wide open going up horsepower hill, forgot where he was and launched. He ended up landing at the bottom missed the turn and went up the runoff - massive air-time for the day!

Great track and all around great venue.

wrk2surf 04-13-2013 09:52 PM

need to ride and camp at Hangtown.. HMMM

pbarmy 04-14-2013 06:56 AM

My son and some buddys are on their way to Red Bud as I write,open ride.He said he's nervous,new track to him.He'll probably want to race in July if he has a good day.

IgoFar 04-14-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlsoRan (Post 21179700)
I used to fly up from So.Cal to go to Washougal just because it was the best event on the West Coast - hands down. You could get close to the track and the pits were good viewing also. I remember a support class where some guy held it wide open going up horsepower hill, forgot where he was and launched. He ended up landing at the bottom missed the turn and went up the runoff - massive air-time for the day!

Great track and all around great venue.

I'd love to go to Washougal. It looks like an awesome track on TV. That is a beautiful part of the country and I've read that it is the most scenic track on the circuit. But that is a loooong way from home. Maybe one day.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014