ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   North Alamo lake from 93? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879208)

surlywill 04-15-2013 04:50 PM

North Alamo lake from 93?

looking for a route to north side of Alamo lake. We are going to be on loaded big bikes so dont want to much rough stuff. What I am looking at is Signal road off of 93 to north Alamo lakr rd. Do any Inmates know of a route off 93 south of Signal rd? We will be coming from Camp Wood thru Bagdad. Thanks for any Help...

Yardstick 04-16-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surlywill (Post 21193307)
looking for a route to north side of Alamo lake. We are going to be on loaded big bikes so dont want to much rough stuff. What I am looking at is Signal road off of 93 to north Alamo lakr rd. Do any Inmates know of a route off 93 south of Signal rd? We will be coming from Camp Wood thru Bagdad. Thanks for any Help...

I'm not familiar with that part of Signal Rd. off US 93, but you can go ~8.5 miles north of there to Wikieup and take Chicken Springs Rd. south to hook up with roads that will take you to the north side of Alamo Lake. What is your eventual goal? Depending on what your big bike is and how loaded it is, you could have quite a chore getting across Brown's Crossing at the north end of the lake. If you just want to get to the lake, you could also head south on US 93 to Alamo Rd. and take that straight to the lake. That's very friendly even for a loaded big bike.

mefadv 04-16-2013 12:07 PM

Have not traveled this road recently but...
South of the Burro Creek Bridge (further S. than campground road) there is a road that will take you West to Signal & Alamo Roads. My old GPS called it "17 Mile Road".
Yes, Brown's crossing would really be tough on a loaded bike. Sand & a couple of short rocky climbs.
Send AZTom a pmail as I think he may travel that area some.

2 SPOT 04-16-2013 03:49 PM

signal rd from 93 is fine, its a pretty smooth graded rd.
from signal you can simply take alamo rd south right to the lake, its mostly a pretty tame graded rd, but there are a few sections that are loose, and some hills to go through, shouldnt be a problem though.

surlywill 04-16-2013 06:12 PM

Thamks for the replies. It looks like Signal rd looks best. Most of us are on KLRs but a few GSs might join. Plan is for a fall timeframe, but we might do a test run next week. looking at heading to Parker from Alamo...

surlywill 04-16-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mefadv (Post 21200013)
Have not traveled this road recently but...
South of the Burro Creek Bridge (further S. than campground road) there is a road that will take you West to Signal & Alamo Roads. My old GPS called it "17 Mile Road".
Yes, Brown's crossing would really be tough on a loaded bike. Sand & a couple of short rocky climbs.
Send AZTom a pmail as I think he may travel that area some.

17 mile rd shows on my basecamp map, looks like a fun option. Will check it out... thanks

Burro driver 05-01-2013 09:27 PM

I did that ride at the end of February. The Alamo rd from the north just dead ended into the lake. I didn't see a way across with out a ferry! I ended up heading SW around the rawhide wilderness, crossed the bill Williams river, and ended up in Seansea. From there it was bladed roads all the way to Parker.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:46 PM.