ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   I Need My First Bike? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879228)

Chasenick 04-15-2013 06:01 PM

I Need My First Bike?

As you can probably see from my avatar/profile I haven't been at this very long :) a friend got me into it in Santa Barbara and now I need a bike of my own. I'm looking for a XLR650 or equalish... Looking for something older around the $2k mark. When I get home off my phone ill post more info about myself but for now if anyone has something feel free to call me or text 602 663 1691. I'm excited about getting into the local scene!

J&K 04-15-2013 06:07 PM

Not sure about pricing but their has been some dual sports popping up on Craigslist.

Alaskahack 04-15-2013 08:15 PM

Your local scene appears to be Arizona, the prices should be a lot better there then Alaska :huh

NorthernBoxer 04-15-2013 09:02 PM

I've got an '07 XR650L with upgrades that I would be willing to sell following the current MCN used bike value guide... But that's a bit more than your stated budget.

Chasenick 04-15-2013 11:20 PM

I attended university in Arizona hence the 602 :) I am in Alaska to stay. Getting excited for the summer and getting a new bike.

Chasenick 04-15-2013 11:21 PM

I have a friend who has an 01 for 1500 but alas it's in New York, looking at the local rental shops for a good used boat

Alcan Rider 04-15-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chasenick (Post 21193942)
As you can probably see from my avatar/profile I haven't been at this very long :) a friend got me into it in Santa Barbara and now I need a bike of my own. I'm looking for a XLR650 or equalish... Looking for something older around the $2k mark. When I get home off my phone ill post more info about myself but for now if anyone has something feel free to call me or text 602 663 1691. I'm excited about getting into the local scene!

Escape while you have the opportunity! :evil Don't even think of getting a bike, let alone "getting into the local scene". People on this forum will lead you astray, far astray. They will try to convince you, and probably succeed, that spending more money on your bike will make you happier. That taking it out and getting it muddy is cool. That going far from home on weekends to suffer windburn, mosquito bites, and cold rain is manly and builds character.

Flee! Don't ever return to this forum, you'll find yourself assimilated. And if you show up next winter at a Movie Night, I reserve the right to say "I told you so". :lol3

TheSeeker 04-16-2013 02:00 PM

Come to the Dark Side Friend...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcan Rider (Post 21196518)
Escape while you have the opportunity! :evil

People on this forum will lead you astray, far astray. They will try to convince you, and probably succeed, that spending more money on your bike will make you happier. :lol3

So when you're ready... We've got a fleet of very shiny BMW's with 3year/36,000 mile warranties on them. Better yet, they have EFI, get 65 mpg and get this... they have HEATED GRIPS!!! oh and ABS brakes. They make you look 50lbs lighter, 10 years younger and have been known to lead one far and astray. :lol3

Come by and take a look... Do you want the red one? Or the blue one? Come now child, jump down the rabbit hole! :1drink:evil:deal

Happy to help you get on two wheels all you need is a signature. Preferably in blood. Muahhahahha.

Chasenick 04-16-2013 05:07 PM

You guys are just too funny!

AKtracks 04-16-2013 05:20 PM

I didn't see him mention price....so he must be offering them to you at your original $2k mark! I'd jump all over that if I were you. :lol3

HayDuchessLives 04-16-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSeeker (Post 21200765)
So when you're ready... We've got a fleet of very shiny BMW's with 3year/36,000 mile warranties on them. Better yet, they have EFI, get 65 mpg and get this... they have HEATED GRIPS!!! They make you look 50lbs lighter, 10 years younger and have been known to lead one far and astray. :lol3. .

Wow - this info is very tempting. I might be interested in a bike that makes me look 20 pounds lighter. Hmmmmm..... However I am more concerned about AlcanRider. Do you happen to have a shiny bike that would make him look 50 years younger? That way he would look like he's as old as the state that he lives in and loves to ride in.

:lol3:lol3:lol3

Oops!!! If I am not more respectful of the Geezer, his voluminous fiancée may come after me.

:hide

ADVBMR 04-16-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayDuchessLives (Post 21202561)
Wow - this info is very tempting. I might be interested in a bike that makes me look 20 pounds lighter. Hmmmmm..... However I am more concerned about AlcanRider. Do you happen to have a shiny bike that would make him look 50 years younger? That way he would look like he's as old as the state that he lives in and loves to ride in.

:lol3:lol3:lol3

Oops!!! If I am not more respectful of the Geezer, his voluminous fiancée may come after me.

:hide

Last I heard you had two of those $200 DRs. Come on, give the guy a break and sell him one of your's. You'll have the added benefit of being able to keep up with someone. Well, assuming you remember to get gas.

TheSeeker 04-17-2013 04:03 PM

Whoop Whoop!

This heated up nicely. Anyone else tired of typing and jonesing to ride? :rofl

$2000 will make a mighty fine down payment on a beautiful new BMW... :freaky Since whatever you find for $2000 will likely require monthly repairs, maybe $2000 and a monthly payment isn't such a bad option... :deal

Plus you'll be the envy of DR & KLR riders everywhere! :lol3

Chasenick 04-17-2013 06:18 PM

Tempting...nah my wife would never go for it. One of the best things is that we have no debt and for a young married couple it's amazing!

Alaskahack 04-17-2013 09:40 PM

Wow you finished school and don't have any student loans? Thats great;do you have a real good job?

At 23 and married you can't afford any extra toys

Just IMO

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:43 PM.