ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Arizona Tag-O-Rama (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=882331)

sallydog 04-26-2013 06:44 PM

Arizona Tag-O-Rama

The "Tag" can be any object. It will be the object directly behing the bike in the photo.*
#1 - Find the tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a photo, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
#2 - Go to a new location and park your bike in front of something, get the photo and post it here. Give a few hints so the next person can figure out where the tag is located. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties.
#3 - Tag must be a) findable and b) may be placed on a dirt road if a street bike can make it. Maintained gravel is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
#4 - File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
#5 - Your bike has to be in the TAG picture
#6 - cannot re-tag anything. Once something is tagged its done.
#7 - picture must be taken from the correct end/side..... when possible

***ATTENTION***these are the rules from day 1 but i have been getting phone calls, PM's and emails so this has to be made clear so i dont have to make it clear 1 rider at a time.*
#1. THE TAG IS THE OBJECT BEHIND THE BIKE. there are no official mascots in this game. any "item" left at a tag site is just that, an item and should be considered a gift to the tag gods. THE ONLY THING THAT MUST BE TRANSPORTED TO THE NEW TAG IS YOUR BIKE.
#2. THE FIRST PERSON TO POST THE PICTURE IS THE HOLDER OF THE TAG AND GETS TO PICK THE NEW TAG.*the following do not qualify you as a tag winner:i googled it first
i arrived at the scene first
i clicked my camera first
i took a picture of an item left near a tag
so
tag #1 needs no clues but ill give one anyway.
Earth systems science research facility owned by theUniversity of Arizona*since 2011.

http://sallydog.smugmug.com/Riding/r...6_154225-L.jpg

pcvance 04-26-2013 08:22 PM

Nice dog carrier, Sally. How much does the dog weigh?

sallydog 04-26-2013 08:26 PM

Dog is 50lbs. Tge dog carrier carriage and gear flip back so o can access my boxes. Over 6500 miles this trip so far.

HoosierTrailmaster 04-27-2013 05:32 PM

CRAZY...I am taking a bike to meet a guy in Deming, NM (he being from Las Vegas, NV), Dropped the bike off and headed back I-10. Stopped at a god forsaken truck stop (with a Dairy Queen), walking back out and here comes a Yamaha Super Tenere with a dog crate on the back...it is Sally...PS: Sally is a guy. He is headed back to NJ.

Reidy008 04-27-2013 05:53 PM

Selling bikes

I heard through the grape vine you are done riding. Are you selling all your bikes?

seabee1 04-27-2013 05:53 PM

Sally is a guy?

Strange.....

:freaky

bhorocks 04-27-2013 06:08 PM

Must be accessible by street bike? Just lost interest in this thread. Sounded cool right up to that point..

BootDragger 04-27-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhorocks (Post 21282350)
Must be accessible by street bike? Just lost interest in this thread. Sounded cool right up to that point..

Oh come on man. Make it what you want it to be. Find it and make it a real challenge. Wish this was in Cali. :deal:thumb

pcvance 04-27-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhorocks (Post 21282350)

Yeah, the street bike rule sucks!

I deleted that rule.....In my Tag-O-Rama, dirty version.

sallydog 04-27-2013 07:35 PM

You would be surprised where some guys can get a street bike :deal dont be scared.

750Volts! 04-27-2013 07:39 PM

Street bike accessible by whom? I mean, my friend Darrol and I rode to Young on A Volusia and a Victory Kingpin. Ricardo rode the Senator Highway on a Versys with no skid plate. (Small rocks embedded in his oil filter after the trip) Fireman Bob rode his V-Strom 1k over some pretty crazy tough terrain. Those are all street bikes. Heck Jack rode an old school Goldwing through the Moki Dugway. Just saying the whole street bike accessible thing leaves a mile of interpretation.:deal

Edit, I guess Sally and I posted within minutes of each other. Just curious is the dog's name Sally?

HoosierTrailmaster 04-27-2013 09:35 PM

I am guessing Sally is slang for Sal...nice Italian boy.

advswede1981 04-28-2013 01:02 AM

lol...

I hope you're not running for president one day cause that kennel contraption puts romney's story to shame lol. I don't even see that being legal. Cops give you any problems?

NewtAZ 04-28-2013 06:49 AM

Ill play,

BTW if you have to "use the bathroom". dont go behind that rock...they have a camera.

HoosierTrailmaster 04-28-2013 08:17 AM

My daughter and I call it "Craposphere". Just another government waste of money, hugely expensive, the "scientists" that lived there faked their results (they were supposed to be living there for a year with no contact with the outside world. They were ordering pizza delivery). Reminds me of global warming...follow the money.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:33 PM.