ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Shout Out for Twisted Throttle (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883559)

DakarGuy 05-01-2013 06:20 AM

Shout Out for Twisted Throttle
 
I hope this is the right thread for this...

I want to say a big thank you to the folks at Twisted Throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/ for going above and beyond.

On a recent trip to South Africa, I received a Macna Oasis XXL jacket as a gift before I returned to the US. When I tried the jacket on, it was too big. I found that Twisted Throttle sold this jacket and approached them to inquire if they could exchange it for me for the right size.
They agreed, on condition the jacket was in an 'as new' condition, which it was.

Yesterday I received an XL from Twisted Throttle in exchange for my XXL from South Africa.
Now they could easily have said no, but they went out of their way to do me a favor.
So thank you Aaron, Will, and Josh at Twisted Throttle. You guys are great. Twisted Throttle will be my first stop when looking for gear from now on.
:clap:clap:clap

Oh, and the Macna jacket is fantastic too. Superb quality, lots of pockets, good ventilation, excellent zipper connection system for connecting the inner layers to the outer. I highly recommend both Twisted Throttle and the Macna jacket range.

bomber60015 05-01-2013 08:53 AM

Good to hear of good experiences!

Enjoy your trip!

Mr. Ray 05-01-2013 09:07 AM

TwistedThrottle is great! I've had nothing but the best of service from them. They even saved me a few times.

KiLO 05-01-2013 09:19 AM

Glad to hear! They really are great!

twistedthrottle 05-01-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DakarGuy (Post 21307270)
I hope this is the right thread for this...

I want to say a big thank you to the folks at Twisted Throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/ for going above and beyond.


Oh, and the Macna jacket is fantastic too. Superb quality, lots of pockets, good ventilation, excellent zipper connection system for connecting the inner layers to the outer. I highly recommend both Twisted Throttle and the Macna jacket range.

From time to time people go above and beyond to say nice things about us in the forums. There is no higher form of praise in our opinion. The truth is, we are lucky to have the best customers in the world. It's easy to help out entusiastic people who are excited to have the gear we personally use and love.

Now that you have the jacket let's see a photo of it!

Kevin

PS - Will; who happens to also be Aaron, and Josh both saw this post as well and thank you for the kind words.

DakarGuy 10-12-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedthrottle (Post 21308647)
Now that you have the jacket let's see a photo of it!

Kevin
.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...cling/1591.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...6cebb447fb.jpg

wtsnxj 02-05-2014 09:36 AM

Nice jacket!!!
 
I am considering the same jacket but am confused by the euro sizing. I am 6'3" , 210 lbs, and 34" waist, was wondering if you could give me some perspective as to the sizing before purchasing. Thanks

twistedthrottle 02-05-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtsnxj (Post 23396948)
I am considering the same jacket but am confused by the euro sizing. I am 6'3" , 210 lbs, and 34" waist, was wondering if you could give me some perspective as to the sizing before purchasing. Thanks

If you go up one size from your normal size you should be fine. Your measurements lead me to believe you are not exceptionally round in the middle so you should be fine applying the "Plus One" formula.

Kevin

wtsnxj 02-05-2014 06:24 PM

Thanks Kevin

I normally wear a large or large tall in jackets, but xl in shirts, so I'm leaning towards an xl in the oasis but don't want it to be too snug or too short. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

twistedthrottle 02-06-2014 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtsnxj (Post 23401121)
Thanks Kevin

I normally wear a large or large tall in jackets, but xl in shirts, so I'm leaning towards an xl in the oasis but don't want it to be too snug or too short. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be the XL. Lucky for you we have these currently on clearance pricing ($180.88). I spent a few weeks in Germany and Holland wearing one of these and it never let me down whatever the conditions.

Here is a shot of me standing on the Autobahn wearing an Oasis:

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...09145181_o.jpg

wtsnxj 02-06-2014 12:44 PM

On the way!!!!
 
Thanks again Kevin, just placed my order. I'll let you know how it works out.

twistedthrottle 02-06-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtsnxj (Post 23406846)
Thanks again Kevin, just placed my order. I'll let you know how it works out.

Would love an honest review. PM me if you post one up.

Kev

wtsnxj 02-06-2014 01:08 PM

Will do.

Sanders 02-06-2014 03:12 PM

That's a pretty good looking piece of gear. I have a Rally P 2 which I really like as it covers ALL conditions, but if I didn't this one would deserve a hard look.

twistedthrottle 02-06-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanders (Post 23408073)
That's a pretty good looking piece of gear. I have a Rally P 2 which I really like as it covers ALL conditions, but if I didn't this one would deserve a hard look.

Another jacket worth a good hard look is the Macna Geo 2

http://static.twisted-throttle.net/m...ye_front_1.jpg

Kev


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014