ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   800GS Adventure (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883851)

Getting Lost 04-25-2013 10:19 AM

800GS Adventure
 
I know, i know...

There are lots of myths about a Adventure twin.


But today i found this...


http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4474/f800adv.png


Here ist the link to the official BMW page: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__8017


Cheer Luz

servdave 04-25-2013 10:34 AM

Interesting.....

I wonder if BMW have anything up there sleeve!

Loutre 04-25-2013 12:01 PM

FFS... NO... I don't want to change my bike yet :cry

Jays-f800gs 04-25-2013 12:11 PM

And the seat height is gonna be 38". :evil

servdave 04-25-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jays-f800gs (Post 21266481)
And the seat height is gonna be 38". :evil

Well that's me out, being a shorty and liking adventure bikes doesn't mix! :ear

Mollygrubber 04-25-2013 01:27 PM

Hmmm... my baby's got 50,000km on her now. Sounds like it may be almost time to start scanning for a replacement. :deal

Pomo 04-25-2013 01:35 PM

I was at a dealer a few days ago and he mentioned this announcement was coming later in the week, once they had spread the word to all the American dealers. Bigger tank (I think he said 5.6 gallons?), maybe increased suspension travel (+1").

epicxcrider 04-25-2013 01:42 PM

I see the bigger tank but making this thing taller? BUH

Tubeless wheels would be nice.

petzi-baer 04-25-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicxcrider (Post 21267135)
I see the bigger tank but making this thing taller? BUH

Tubeless wheels would be nice.

The easiest way to get at bigger tank is by making it taller :-)

we will see what they will add - it probably will be expensive.

And there is nothing about it the newest "Motorrad" announcement on their website, where they mention new R models incl. the watercooled GSA.

I never thought it would happen - ooh well.

petzi-baer

rmhrc628 04-25-2013 05:51 PM

If they added:

White power longer travel fully adjustable suspension retaining abs.
18in rear wheel
Tpms standard
Beefed up shock tower
Larger fuel tank - 5-6 gallons
More interesting Colour schemes
Slightly taller stance for bigger people.

I'd buy one in a heart beat.

rmhrc628 04-25-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomo (Post 21267072)
I was at a dealer a few days ago and he mentioned this announcement was coming later in the week, once they had spread the word to all the American dealers. Bigger tank (I think he said 5.6 gallons?), maybe increased suspension travel (+1").

That would be brilliant.

sorebutt 04-25-2013 10:29 PM

If it comes out next year you can figure all the bugs will be worked out by 2018.

Loutre 04-25-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmhrc628 (Post 21268867)
If they added:

White power longer travel fully adjustable suspension retaining abs.
18in rear wheel
Tpms standard
Beefed up shock tower
Larger fuel tank - 5-6 gallons
More interesting Colour schemes
Slightly taller stance for bigger people.

I'd buy one in a heart beat.

Even if I don't see the 18" rear wheel happening I'd add some nice Excel rims on the list :evil

bdx 04-26-2013 08:19 AM

My dealer also confirmed that a 800GSA was coming. Didn't say when.

JRose 04-26-2013 08:24 AM

My dealer told me they were getting ready to release a 800GSA.

Don't know how full of shit he is or not, but I can't see why they wouldn't do it, given the popularity of the F8.

I personally wouldn't be interested in one, but I think it's be a neat option.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014