ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parallel Universe (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Lamda Sensor Tuning (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888066)

MikeTheMechanic 05-18-2013 05:16 AM

Lamda Sensor Tuning

Hello GSers!

I am writing from Greece. One day, reading the forums I found that somebody (as fas I remember he was from Europe), had built a kit that had to do with calibration of air and temperature for the BMW GS models. However I don't remember the name of the kit, in order to find it.

Does my text reminds anybody something?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

roger 04 rt 05-18-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTheMechanic (Post 21435186)
Hello GSers!

I am writing from Greece. One day, reading the forums I found that somebody (as fas I remember he was from Europe), had built a kit that had to do with calibration of air and temperature for the BMW GS models. However I don't remember the name of the kit, in order to find it.

Does my text reminds anybody something?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

The lambda sensor (or oxygen sensor) can only be "tuned" by something like a Innovate Motorsports LC-1 which replaces the stock Narrowband O2 and in effect creates a new "calibration" of AFR (air/fuel ratio).

Something like a BoosterPlug changes the air temperature as seen by your ECU.

ebrabaek 05-18-2013 07:18 AM

I think I have a fellow Danish countryman, that makes a resistor kit. Not sure what it is called, but it in effect does the same as a booster plug.

roger 04 rt 05-18-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebrabaek (Post 21435635)
I think I have a fellow Danish countryman, that makes a resistor kit. Not sure what it is called, but it in effect does the same as a booster plug.

The BoosterPlug is made by Jens Lyck a Dane ... And I think there is another guy too, the Power FRK maybe ...

ebrabaek 05-18-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roger 04 rt (Post 21435656)
The BoosterPlug is made by Jens Lyck a Dane ... And I think there is another guy too, the Power FRK maybe ...

Ahhhhh.... I see...... You know what part of DK he resides in..... I will be going back in a few weeks....For vacation, and Beer tasting....:D:D

roger 04 rt 05-18-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebrabaek (Post 21435703)
Ahhhhh.... I see...... You know what part of DK he resides in..... I will be going back in a few weeks....For vacation, and Beer tasting....:D:D

I don't but he's a good guy. If you email him he'll respond.

MikeTheMechanic 05-18-2013 08:28 AM

Yeah, guys! That's it! I was looking for booster plug!

Has anyone used it, in the F800GS?

Thanks a lot!

:freaky:freaky

jscottyk 05-18-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTheMechanic (Post 21435961)
Yeah, guys! That's it! I was looking for booster plug!

Has anyone used it, in the F800GS?

Thanks a lot!

:freaky:freaky

There is a ton written here on the topic of Booster Plug (et al) installations. Use the search for a complete list but here are a few threads to start with.

BoosterPlug review

Mark Vernact's Accelerator Module

Booster Plug NTC sensor location?

Have fun!

MikeTheMechanic 05-18-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jscottyk (Post 21436108)
There is a ton written here on the topic of Booster Plug (et al) installations. Use the search for a complete list but here are a few threads to start with.

BoosterPlug review

Mark Vernact's Accelerator Module

Booster Plug NTC sensor location?

Have fun!

Thanks man for your help! I will read thoroughly and I'll come back with questions.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:46 PM.