ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alaska (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   D2D '13 Swag needed (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888824)

Fighter 05-20-2013 09:33 PM

D2D '13 Swag needed

OK kids, it's that time again.
Sounds like we'll have a big group in Dawson next month and we are going to need a ton of giveaway goodies.
If each of us steps up and makes a few phone calls/visits to the retailer(s) of choice, we can make our quota.

As in the past, swag can be sent to or dropped off at Alaska Leather here in Anchortown.

A special request for all riders coming in from the "lesser 48".
Do us a favor and talk it up at your local dealer before you head out of town.
I've never met a shop owner who would pass up an opportunity to advertise in front of 300 plus riders.

What kind of swag are we looking for??
YES!

Let's get busy!
Fite

AKmud 05-20-2013 10:23 PM

Is the AKL van going up again? I've got several good takeoffs to donate for emergency gear.

Fighter 05-20-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKmud (Post 21454495)
Is the AKL van going up again? I've got several good takeoffs to donate for emergency gear.

We have a couple of cages heading up.
Drop those meats off to Doug at AK Leather.

Thanks Mud.

Now get out there and get some real swag! :lol3:lol3
Fite

ADVBMR 05-21-2013 12:41 AM

I've already mined the vendors on advrider. PMs sent. We could show a little love locally - that's LLL - Lotsa Local Love for you texters. Let's show the local folks we want their help and we support them in return.

Last year Brendon at TMS came through in a big way. Really big way. Stop in and let him know how much that means. (Thanks, Brendon! and the TKC80s and PR3 worked out pretty well, too.)

Ditto on what Fite said. All you riders coming up, stop where you can and let them know what D2D is all about.

Mud - incoming PM. I'm headed out Wednesday night for a long needed ride where it's not snowing and need some help on follow up. You're it!

Fighter 05-22-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADVBMR (Post 21454785)
I've already mined the vendors on advrider. PMs sent. We could show a little love locally - that's LLL - Lotsa Local Love for you texters. Let's show the local folks we want their help and we support them in return.

Last year Brendon at TMS came through in a big way. Really big way. Stop in and let him know how much that means. (Thanks, Brendon! and the TKC80s and PR3 worked out pretty well, too.)

Ditto on what Fite said. All you riders coming up, stop where you can and let them know what D2D is all about.

Mud - incoming PM. I'm headed out Wednesday night for a long needed ride where it's not snowing and need some help on follow up. You're it!

Brendon did come through big-time for us last year, along with Keith in years past. If you have ever attended D2D..... I strongly suggest that you stop in at TMC and personally thank Brendon, Keith, DR. Please

How we doing for swag roundup in the Squarebanks area???
Seeker....Tracks......BadBob.... you boys got the perimeter secured?
Every little bit helps. We can't have folks showing up to a free "gathering" and riding home empty handed.
Let's hear from you other FF's.
"What can you do for us?"
Fite

Spousal Unit 05-22-2013 06:56 PM

Gathering underway!

akrider 05-22-2013 09:26 PM

Thank You

The 2012 midnight group photo 18X12 color glossy (sorry no circles and arrows on the back......) have been sent to last years donors as a thank you.

If you run across a donor from last year that didn't get one let me know.

Fighter 05-23-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spousal Unit (Post 21470622)
Gathering underway!

Excellent news girl.
I hope others are beating the pavement in search of the almighty swag.
Just received a PM from J&K. Both are fairly new ADV inmates and both will be attending this year's "gathering" I believe for the first time. :clap:clap:clap
They both have stepped up to the plate with some way cool items.
If first time attendees can pull off a swag donation ... I think all you seasoned veterans could do likewise. :wink::wink:

What about it?
Time's a wasting' folks ......
Whata ya got?
I'm hitting the DaisyDuty train early Friday AM so my begging time is somewhat
limited. I/we need to stay focused.
Thanks in advance.
SwagMeister Fite

aufevermike 05-23-2013 12:41 AM

I hit up two of my local dealers down here on the Kenai Peninsula. What is a decent reply should they have some stuff to donate? such as will they be recognized? should I pick it up and drop it off at AKL? Should they ship it?
thanx

Fighter 05-23-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aufevermike (Post 21472361)
I hit up two of my local dealers down here on the Kenai Peninsula. What is a decent reply should they have some stuff to donate? such as will they be recognized? should I pick it up and drop it off at AKL? Should they ship it?
thanx

A decent reply would be THANK YOU.

The recognition comes in the form of having a contributor's business name announced during the banquet as a D2D supporter and then having as many folks as possible stop in and thank them by spending vast amounts of money.

Will that supporting business make the Fortune 500 because they gave away a little swag to a loosely organized group of motorcycle riders?????
No guarantee.

Delivery? Might be nice to offer pick-up service. Do what you can.
Fite

Fighter 05-27-2013 09:43 AM

Cages heading to D2D?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fighter (Post 21454295)
OK kids, it's that time again.
Sounds like we'll have a big group in Dawson next month and we are going to need a ton of giveaway goodies.
If each of us steps up and makes a few phone calls/visits to the retailer(s) of choice, we can make our quota.

As in the past, swag can be sent to or dropped off at Alaska Leather here in Anchortown.

A special request for all riders coming in from the "lesser 48".
Do us a favor and talk it up at your local dealer before you head out of town.
I've never met a shop owner who would pass up an opportunity to advertise in front of 300 plus riders.

What kind of swag are we looking for??
YES!

Let's get busy!
Fite

Anyone taking a truck/van/car/enclosed trailer to Dawson...... please let me know.
Kevin Nixon from Twisted Throttle has once again stepped up with an extremely generous donation of swag.
We are going to need a mule or three to transport this and much more over to Dawson. Drivers will need to stop by D2D Anchorage Headquarters (aka Alaska Leather) an stuff their rigs before heading out. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.
Fite

GRIZ 05-27-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fighter (Post 21501694)
Anyone taking a truck/van/car/enclosed trailer to Dawson...... please let me know.
Kevin Nixon from Twisted Throttle has once again stepped up with an extremely generous donation of swag.
We are going to need a mule or three to transport this and much more over to Dawson. Drivers will need to stop by D2D Anchorage Headquarters (aka Alaska Leather) an stuff their rigs before heading out. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.
Fite

PUT SOME OF THAT STUFF ON BIGGER BIRD...HELL, SHE WON'T NOTICE ANY MORE WEIGHT THAN SHE HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO IN THE PAST!:freakyBTW I WILL HIT UP DICK TOMORROW ON MY WAY TO MY PRE SURGERY EXAM...OH YES...ANOTHER SEASON RUINED BY ANOTHER BACK SURGERY SOMETIME THIS WEEK. YAHOO! ( I HOPE THE VA DON'T KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T, BUT, THEY GAVE ME A BRAND NEW WHEELCHAIR LAST WEEK.):eek1:eek1:eek1

ADVBMR 05-27-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aufevermike (Post 21472361)
thanx

I'll be headed down to Homer the week before D2D. PM me and I can do a pick up.

ADVBMR 05-27-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fighter (Post 21501694)
Fite

Space available. I'll check in at HQ when I get back from enjoying a snow squall on Beartooth Pass, dodging tornadoes between WY and SD, and riding through four inches of hail into Deadwood tonight. Glad to hear Twisted Throttle came through again.

Fighter 05-28-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADVBMR (Post 21506540)
Space available. I'll check in at HQ when I get back from enjoying a snow squall on Beartooth Pass, dodging tornadoes between WY and SD, and riding through four inches of hail into Deadwood tonight. Glad to hear Twisted Throttle came through again.

Roger Roger
Fite

Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:24 AM.