ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Orange Crush (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pirie Performance Products "F" With BBB (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=891931)

etingelefunts 06-01-2013 06:41 AM

Pirie Performance Products "F" With BBB

Ordered an aftermarket product from Eric Pirie a VERRRY long time ago...
MANY months ago he charged my card.
Could NOT get ANY update via email or phone (had to leave messages) Left inquiries once per week over the course of a two week period several months ago after my card had been charged. Resorted to inquiring (email and voice mail) twice weekly. Eventually every other day... then daily.
Ultimately once the frequency of my inquiries got his attention... he replied my order would ship "soon"....
.... For the next 3 weeks waited quietly after that reply.... At present....Going on a month later.... lather-rinse-repeat... he is again unreachable, and I'm still empty handed.
Did an internet search, he has an "F" with the BBB < (see link) for these same shortcomings, and there are an abundance of similar grievances on other forums.
If he gave as much consideration to our peace of mind as he did to processing our Credit Cards, we'd certainly not be kept in suspense.
An occasional ETA, acknowledgement, or even the time of day would have prevented me mentioning this here.

etingelefunts 06-23-2013 01:56 AM

Still....

• ...not answering phone
  • ...has not replied to several recent emails
...still no product delivery.
I'm sure its not personal, research indicates this is par for the course.

If you are in the same boat, and sense Pirie Performance Products is ignoring your inquiries... you're not alone. If you sense their spartan responses and assurances fall far short of their ETA's, you're not alone, if they charged your card so long ago that a charge-back option has expired you're not alone.

One last thing I hope we all eventually have in common is this;

By all indications we'll get what we paid for eventually. Have not heard he stiffed anyone all together.

Back when I ordered looked like so...:wave.
By the time the order arrives, umm, hope not this far out :gerg

David37 06-23-2013 11:08 AM

Have you thought of disputing the charges with your credit card company?

MikeFromMT 06-23-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David37 (Post 21707986)
Have you thought of disputing the charges with your credit card company?

Quote:

Originally Posted by etingelefunts (Post 21705815)
... they charged your card so long ago that a charge-back option has expired...

:thwak

I would have been on the phone with the CC company after 3 weeks, especially if the vendor was dodging my calls.

Orangecicle 06-23-2013 07:15 PM

Try contacting your state's attorney general's office. That office should have a consumer protection division, and investigators sometimes are willing to write a letter to the vendor on your behalf.

etingelefunts 06-28-2013 09:33 AM

Naked no more

Guessing he is swamped with orders for his products. I ordered a competitior's version to protect mine until he ships.

steved57 07-01-2013 09:15 AM

Pirie

You might see if you can find someone on here that lives in the area to go by his shop and ask him about your order

woodchuckexc 07-01-2013 10:48 AM

Just sent them an email. Told them they made beautiful products but I was afraid I'd never see em. Also told em tighten things up a bit and they might see my$$$$

etingelefunts 07-03-2013 05:09 PM

Great ideas...

I tried something similar based on the previous two posts. Will update how it goes.

Still find no evidence Pirie disappears without delivering, but never dreamed an order would drag out over 4 months and counting, with VERY misleading ETA's the few times he would respond.

Un-nerving yes, but small businesses often shun their phones when swamped.
I promise to update if/when the product is delivered and installed.

etingelefunts 07-08-2013 10:09 PM

Glimmer of hope

One of Pirie's retailers said they are expecting items related to what I ordered over 4 months ago. :thumb

etingelefunts 07-18-2013 11:38 PM

Closure

Item received and installed this week.
Patience is a virtue.
Nice product.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:29 AM.