ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ADV ride on Sunday, 06/23 for Charlotte NC & Surrounding Area Riders (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897383)

VStromNC 06-20-2013 12:02 PM

ADV ride on Sunday, 06/23 for Charlotte NC & Surrounding Area Riders
 
Just thought I'd post up to see if there is any interest in doing a ADV ride this coming Sunday, 06/23. Depending on riders and type of bikes posting up, we may just take the backroads-twisties and go to Jonas Ridge or nearby for Lunch or go explore some fireroads w/ gravel mix north of Morganton or all of the above.

Here's a photo from a ride while back. I consider my V-Strom 1K a standard bike and it handled the terrain below just fine. We can take the fireroad all the way to Linville Falls and stop off and enjoy a late lunch at Louises Restaurant.

http://vstrom.info/vsri-gallery/gall...101407_002.jpg


This will be a 3/4 day ride- Kickstands up at 9:30am sharp. Plan to be back in Charlotte by 5:00pm. We can have couple of meet-up points as to allow everyone the opportunity to join the ride.

First Meeting Place: 9:00am @ Cycle Gear, Matthews NC. Kickstands up promptly at 9:30am.

Second Meeting Place: 10:15am @ Hwy 321 Heading N. I think it is a Kangaroo gas station.- Just off I-85. Take I-85, Exit Hwy. 321, make a left and there is a gas station to the right. Kickstands up at 10:30 or so and we are all off.

Post up if you are interested and let me know the bike you will be riding.

I think the weather will be fair- Only 30% chance of rain. It will be a good ride!:clap


Thanks.

Jon

guiri 06-20-2013 01:23 PM

I'm in! I need this!

Thanks Jon

:)

George

VStromNC 06-20-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiri (Post 21689211)
I'm in! I need this!

Thanks Jon

:)

George

Yup, you and me both! Remember to ATGATT.

Jon

guiri 06-20-2013 02:44 PM

I'm an idiot! Dude, I completely forgot. I'm sick and I can't go. Dammit. I felt good just waking up to the point that I forgot I'm sick :(

I got sick on sunday I think.

Sorry bro.

Should something change, I'll let you know but I doubt it. Gonna try to make it
to the doc tomorrow to see what he says. Rode to Monroe and back to Marshville on Monday and barely made it home. Almost fell asleep.

Man, I don't know what i was thinking? Probably didn't even realize it was only two days away :baldy

VStromNC 06-21-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiri (Post 21689762)
I'm an idiot! Dude, I completely forgot. I'm sick and I can't go. Dammit. I felt good just waking up to the point that I forgot I'm sick :(

I got sick on sunday I think.

Sorry bro.

Should something change, I'll let you know but I doubt it. Gonna try to make it
to the doc tomorrow to see what he says. Rode to Monroe and back to Marshville on Monday and barely made it home. Almost fell asleep.

Man, I don't know what i was thinking? Probably didn't even realize it was only two days away :baldy

George, sorry to hear that. No response so far from anyone else but I will wait until tomorrow evening. I guess that is why most of my riding is solo since coordinating with other riders and schedules require more advanced notice and far more time than I have.

Nevertheless, I always enjoy riding up old 18 and up in the mountains and plan to ride this Sunday.


Jon

guiri 06-21-2013 11:39 AM

Well, hopefully I"ll be good in a week or so.

PM me or give me a all next week. IF I can ride
I need a day in advance but only because of the dogs

Enjoy the ride

George

VStromNC 06-22-2013 05:39 PM

Final bump to see if anyone is interested in riding tomorrow.


Jon

guiri 06-22-2013 05:55 PM

Really? No one?

That sucks Jon :(

VStromNC 06-23-2013 02:57 PM

Just got back. Since no one else responded, I just skipped the Cycle Gear meet up point. Got up early and headed up old 18 to Jonas Ridge. Weather was perfect and felt good. Had lunch at Jonas Ridge, met few other riders and headed back. Great ride. Just missed the thunderstorm.


Jon

guiri 06-23-2013 04:40 PM

Awesome! :)

knybanjo 06-23-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VStromNC (Post 21709094)
Just got back. Since no one else responded, I just skipped the Cycle Gear meet up point. Got up early and headed up old 18 to Jonas Ridge. Weather was perfect and felt good. Had lunch at Jonas Ridge, met few other riders and headed back. Great ride. Just missed the thunderstorm.


Jon

Glad you had a good ride anyway Jon!

A lot of folks may have gone to the BMW RA rally at the Biltmore house this weekend. I had planned on being there myself but got delayed a day and ended up camping up at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp in Cruso last night. It was a beautiful weekend to ride though, was it not! :thumb

AppFan 06-24-2013 02:55 AM

Keep posting them up last minute or not. Just bad timing for me to get away. Had to do family time after being in CA for work all week but definitely the type of ride I'd like to do.

guiri 06-25-2013 09:05 AM

Alright, yall wanna shoot for this weekend?

I should be better by then...

George

knybanjo 06-25-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiri (Post 21722470)
Alright, yall wanna shoot for this weekend?

I should be better by then...

George

I'm heading to BYOB :1drink

VStromNC 06-26-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiri (Post 21722470)
Alright, yall wanna shoot for this weekend?

I should be better by then...

George

My boss has me doing house work this weekend:eek1

Although I am at looking at some ADV rides we can do next time.

Jon


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014