ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2013+ R1200GS LC - LeoVince LV One exhaust available for pre-order at ADV Motorrad! (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898438)

rotaryracer 06-24-2013 05:32 PM

2013+ R1200GS LC - LeoVince LV One exhaust available for pre-order at ADV Motorrad!

Got a new 2013 R1200GS LC? Want to shed that heavy factory exhaust system and add a little more bark to your to your boxer's bite? LeoVince and ADV Motorrad have got you covered. :D

We've got the scoop on the LV One slip-on exhaust system for the new GS LC and (as usual) it looks fantastic and is priced even better. From LeoVince's website:

Quote:

Building on the success and modern design lines of the SBK Factory range, the LV One assumes the shape and construction of that design while adding new materials and a redesigned end-cap. The LV One has that distinct LeoVince performance sound and is designed to enhance your bikes' performance throughout the entire RPM range. The LV One is a premium designed entry-level exhaust and offers all the benefits of LeoVince engineering and design at a consumer friendly price point.

LV One exhausts offer:
  • CAD/CAM design for precise fit
  • Functionally designed to match the style and performance of the SBK Factory lines
  • End-cap constructed of a new proprietary LVHT1 (LeoVince high temp 1) "Techno-polymer"
  • Weight savings over stock exhaust
  • Slip-ons boost horsepower across RPM range (linear power)
  • TIG-welded 304 Stainless Steel link pipes
  • Sleeve options include Stainless Steel and Carbon Fiber
  • Removable EVOII sound insert for more aggressive tone
  • Machine-specific tuning to work with stock fuel settings

MSRP for the LV One system in stainless steel is $479, with the carbon fiber going for $579. The ADV Motorrad regular price will be $392.78 for stainless and $474.78 for carbon fiber, and we expect the first shipment of systems will be arriving from Italy in the next 30-45 days.

To get some pre-orders on the books before the first shipment arrives, we are offering an ADVrider inmate discount plus FREE SHIPPING on all LC systems sold before July 31st! Just add the LeoVince system to your cart (click here or on the images below for the product page), hit the "Use Coupon Code" radio button in the shopping cart, and type in 2013LC to see your final price! Although the system will display shipping costs, they will be discounted off in full with the coupon code.

http://www.yamahasupertenere.com/Smi.../smiley006.gif

First up...stainless steel...

LeoVince LV One EVOII Slip-On Exhaust - 2013+ R1200GS LC - Stainless -
  • Retail Price - $479.00
  • ADV Motorrad Regular Price - $392.78
  • Final Price - :thumb :thumb :thumb (Add to cart and apply the 2013LC coupon code to see your final price!)

Perhaps you'd prefer carbon fiber....

LeoVince LV One EVOII Slip-On Exhaust - 2013+ R1200GS LC - Carbon Fiber -
  • Retail Price - $579.00
  • ADV Motorrad Regular Price - $474.78
  • Final Price - :thumb :thumb :thumb (Add to cart and apply the 2013LC coupon code to see your final price!)

We're looking forward to equipping a lot of those new LC's with the LeoVinci system, and hopefully putting a few bucks back in your wallet with our pre-order promo! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or email me directly at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com. As I get more info on ETA or updates from LeoVince, I'll update this thread accordingly.

Thanks!

oz97tj 06-24-2013 10:53 PM

Hmmmm, I'm very interested. I'd really like to know so hard specs though. How much weight savings is there really? How loud is it? Any specific hp increase. I kind of doubt much of an increase in power, but I am real curious about the other two questions. I watched the video on your site which has sound bu frankly it's about as crappy as they come so would really be curious what the db levels are. I don't want loud, but I wouldn't mind a bit more tone than the stocker either.

oz97tj 06-24-2013 11:16 PM

I looked on the Leo Vince website. Looks like there is a weight savings of 4.05 lbs with the carbon version. Not exactly huge, but not bad considering it's just the muffler.

There is also a better sound clip on their website, but I'm still curious about the db.

rotaryracer 06-25-2013 05:30 AM

Hey oz - nice work spotting the 4+ pound weight savings for the carbon pipe! Looks like the stainless weight savings is a bit less at 3.3 pounds. Nothing dramatic, but you can add another 2L of fuel to your bike without adding any weight.

I'll get the better MP3 soundclip uploaded, but here's the YouTube audio of the new LC on the dyno with the LeoVince exhaust, as well as some close up shots of the new decal on the pipe. The sound is pretty rough, but the upshot is we've got dyno charts showing the improvement. :evil I'll get them added to the thread later today.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fEOWRpZpOog?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any other questions, please let me know!

jtbvaca 06-25-2013 06:38 PM

Can we get a bit more info?

I also am very interested, I pick up my new GSW on Friday and have been considering a aftermarket pipe. the price is good, can we see the specs when you get them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oz97tj (Post 21719549)
Hmmmm, I'm very interested. I'd really like to know so hard specs though. How much weight savings is there really? How loud is it? Any specific hp increase. I kind of doubt much of an increase in power, but I am real curious about the other two questions. I watched the video on your site which has sound bu frankly it's about as crappy as they come so would really be curious what the db levels are. I don't want loud, but I wouldn't mind a bit more tone than the stocker either.

rotaryracer 06-25-2013 08:09 PM

Hi guys - first up, here's the MP3 sound file oz97TJ referenced. This definitely has better audio than the YouTube clip above and you can get good sense of how it sounds. Since they were running this on the dyno, my guess is that the DB killer is not installed, but I'll see if my rep can confirm. Click our logo below to play the sound file:

jtbvaca 06-25-2013 08:14 PM

Thanks for the audio clip

sounds good

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotaryracer (Post 21727202)
Hi guys - first up, here's the MP3 sound file oz97TJ referenced. This definitely has better audio than the YouTube clip above and you can get good sense of how it sounds. Since they were running this on the dyno, my guess is that the DB killer is not installed, but I'll see if my rep can confirm. Click our logo below to play the sound file:

rotaryracer 06-25-2013 08:14 PM

And the dyno runs....looks like there's a bit of improvement between 3500 and 6200 RPM, with a nice bump in torque across the same range.

Horsepower -

Torque (expressed in Kilogram Meters) -

If you want to view the original PDF from LeoVince, I've uploaded it here.

Thanks!

oz97tj 06-25-2013 10:00 PM

Anyone speak italian? lol I'm assuming the top graph is HP and bottom is torque? Anyone have any clue what the actual differences are in terms we understand? I'm still wondering about db too...

rotaryracer 06-26-2013 07:39 AM

Yeah, my Italian is pretty much non-existent. :D You're correct, though - the top graph is horsepower and the bottom is torque, expressed in kilogram meters. The conversion is 1 kg/m equals 7.23301385 ft/lbs, so peak torque looks like about 84.7 ft/lbs (assuming that's about 11.7 kg/m) at roughly 6200 RPM with the LeoVince pipe, versus maybe 84.3 ft/lbs (assuming 11.65 kg/m) at about 6800 RPM. I'm just eyeballing it here, and already have a request into my LeoVince rep for additional details from the dyno runs.

What's more interesting versus the peak torque (the fact it comes on 600 RPM earlier is nice, but probably not a huge change) are the increases between 3200 and 6200 RPM. At 4300 RPM, it looks like it's about 10.7 kg/m stock (77.4 ft/lbs) and roughly 11.1 kg/m (80.3 ft/lbs) with the LV One exhaust - an increase of about 3 ft/lbs. That gap looks pretty consistent between about 3800 and 4900 RPM, so a nice increase in the lower ranges.

Once I get the real deal, I'll post it up here!

Thanks guys...

rotaryracer 08-01-2013 03:38 AM

Hi guys...I'll get an update from LeoVince today, but am hoping to see the new LC systems start arriving in the next 30 days (hopefully sooner). I've extended the 2013LC coupon code through the end of August for anyone else that wants to pre-order a system and get one of the first ones off the boat!

No additional details yet, although I expect as the pipes come available on this side of the pond, we'll start seeing more reviews and dyno runs.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

rotaryracer 08-04-2013 12:01 PM

Install procedure and measurements for the new LeoVince GS LC pipe..... :evil

rotaryracer 08-12-2013 09:43 AM

The first shipment of LeoVince LV One slip-on exhaust systems for the new R1200GSW has arrived from Italy and we have one stainless and one carbon fiber en route to the shop in New York. You can still use the 2013LC coupon code to get a discount off our regular low price plus free shipping through August!

Thanks!

rotaryracer 10-10-2013 05:56 PM

There are a few lucky LC owners that have made that new boxer sing with the help of a LeoVince LV One pipe!

Currently we have two GSW systems left in stock - one stainless, one carbon. We have another LV order enroute, so how about we activate the 2013LC coupon code again to get you a killer price and free shipping? :evil

I'll keep the discount active till the pipes in stock are sold...early bird gets the worm!

Thanks!

rotaryracer 10-13-2013 06:34 AM

Hey guys - sorry about the glitch, and thanks for the PMs. The coupon code is now fixed and calculating correctly!

The carbon pipe went out the door yesterday, but we do still have the stainless pipe here at the shop. I will have another order going in to LeoVince soon and it looks like they do have some carbon LC pipes in stock. If someone was jonesin' for the carbon pipe, I'll grab another and honor the deal. :evil

A few people have asked about noise levels....LV pipes are well-suited in that regard, as they include a removable dB killer to help tune the exhaust volume. You can take the dB Killer our for riding around town (or when you want a little more boxer growl), but reinstall it if you're heading out on a cross-country ride and want to minimize exhaust noise. There's an audio clip of a dyno pull here so you can get an idea what it sounds like without the dB killer installed.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:32 PM.