ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Orange Crush (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Wings exhaust (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899029)

686 Sahara 06-26-2013 04:19 PM

Wings exhaust
 
Anybody out there that has received there wings cans. Mine just came in today but when UPS delivered them they wanted an additional $450.00 dollars. I already paid for them in full. UPS says it is for a brokerage fee. There corp offices are back east so i cant get an answer until tommorrow for exactly what the fee is for and who it goes to . I am hoping it is a mistake. Has anybody else had to pay this?:kboom

Two Moto Kiwis 06-26-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 686 Sahara (Post 21734380)
UPS delivered them they wanted an additional $450.00 dollars.

:eek1 cheaper to get a Lawyer :D

That does not sound right to me .... did they explain how they built up their fee?

686 Sahara 06-26-2013 04:47 PM

Ya the UPS driver gave me a 1 800 number to call, so I give them a call and there closed.

kkm 06-26-2013 05:25 PM

Tell them to send them back. Than reorder with Wings and ship anyway but UPS. There is nothing that would cost $450. These are not export ITAR items.
Kevin

686 Sahara 06-26-2013 05:36 PM

If I send them back they want to charge me 560.00 I did order them directly from Wings, did a bank transfer for the cost of the cans plus shipping directly to Gorazd's bank account. I sent him a email but I got an automatic mail back saying he is gone till July 1 monday. I'm going to call UPS in the morning to see if they will hold it until then.

kkm 06-27-2013 06:22 AM

Wings needs to fix this for you. UPS cannot charge YOU for sending it back. If this is how wings is doing business than just buy elsewhere. This does not help you right now. This is WINGS problem tell them to fix it and now.
Kevin

devildogg 06-27-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 686 Sahara (Post 21734380)
Anybody out there that has received there wings cans. Mine just came in today but when UPS delivered them they wanted an additional $450.00 dollars. I already paid for them in full. UPS says it is for a brokerage fee. There corp offices are back east so i cant get an answer until tommorrow for exactly what the fee is for and who it goes to . I am hoping it is a mistake. Has anybody else had to pay this?:kboom

I've paid brokerage fees of 40 or 50 $ but $450.00 is wrong

SpeedyR 06-27-2013 06:37 AM

they will want an import classification for the exhuast. here is one to try:

The applicable subheading for the resonator assembly will be 8708.92.5000, HTS, which provides for parts and accessories of ... motor vehicles...: other parts and accessories: mufflers and exhaust pipes: for other vehicles. The rate will be 2.5 percent.

yes, normally you will have to pay a duty or tariff on anything that's new that you import into the US. the rates vary from nothing to 30% on a variety of items. that's why there are different prices on things when you order overseas, because someone has to pay that fee (distributor, dealer, end user, etc). the Govt wants it's money. But that seems excessive even for UPS.

there should be a list of charges- the actual duty paid (and corresponsing classification so you can confirm that they have it classified correctly) and then they will charge you a fee as they have to do the paperwork and "broker" the import. I could see it being $40-80 or so but that sounds crazy!

686 Sahara 06-27-2013 07:23 AM

Just got off the phone with UPS brokerage accounting department. The 450.oo dollars is for freight:huh not a brokerage fee. That 450 is on top of the 95.oo I sent with the original transfer.

Earl 06-27-2013 07:36 AM

I purchased a set of Wings last March, there was no extra freight above
what Gorazd charged up front.

686 Sahara 06-27-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earl (Post 21738536)
I purchased a set of Wings last March, there was no extra freight above
what Gorazd charged up front.

Did your's come UPS or Fed Ex.

el queso 06-27-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 686 Sahara (Post 21738582)
Did your's come UPS or Fed Ex.

Mine came USPS, with no additional charges. Hate to say it, but you need to wait for Gorazd to figure it out. Good luck!

EastSideSM 06-27-2013 10:24 AM

That sounds ridiculous. I got mine shipped parcel post or whatever it was when I got mine. I think it was about $100 or so. Eeek. Good luck sorting that. They are AWESOME cans though, but that is an unbelievable amount for shipping.

ABuck99 06-27-2013 11:03 AM

and generally motorcycle replacement parts do not carry import duty from ZA into the US. We import parts from ZA, EU, UK and dont pay any fee's on hard parts.

.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedyR (Post 21738137)
they will want an import classification for the exhuast. here is one to try:

The applicable subheading for the resonator assembly will be 8708.92.5000, HTS, which provides for parts and accessories of ... motor vehicles...: other parts and accessories: mufflers and exhaust pipes: for other vehicles. The rate will be 2.5 percent.

yes, normally you will have to pay a duty or tariff on anything that's new that you import into the US. the rates vary from nothing to 30% on a variety of items. that's why there are different prices on things when you order overseas, because someone has to pay that fee (distributor, dealer, end user, etc). the Govt wants it's money. But that seems excessive even for UPS.

there should be a list of charges- the actual duty paid (and corresponsing classification so you can confirm that they have it classified correctly) and then they will charge you a fee as they have to do the paperwork and "broker" the import. I could see it being $40-80 or so but that sounds crazy!


crunchiespg 06-27-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 686 Sahara (Post 21738448)
Just got off the phone with UPS brokerage accounting department. The 450.oo dollars is for freight:huh not a brokerage fee. That 450 is on top of the 95.oo I sent with the original transfer.

since when do parcel companies charge at the end? you pay for the shipping up front, they deliver it.. end of..

something has gone wrong..


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014