ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Bellthorpe guide (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899031)

Dingo101 06-26-2013 04:32 PM

Bellthorpe guide

Hi folks.

Does anyone have any good info / links etc to bellthorpe state forest. I hear there are certain trails and hills for beginners right through to pro. I wanna get out there and have a crack, but I'm unsure where to begin.

Cheers
Dingo

Strummer 06-26-2013 04:51 PM

I'm no good to ya. Every time I go to Bellthorpe I get flat tyres. So I don't go anymore:D

B1 is the trail guru, tack onto one of his rides in there.

Dingo101 06-26-2013 05:06 PM

Yeah, it does sound like a hard day out, from everything I've seen. Thx for the reply strummer.

Might just google map it and buy a lottery ticket :)

Dingo

Goosefeather 06-26-2013 05:11 PM

No detailed track info, but shows rudimentaries . . .

http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/bellthorpe/pdf/bellthorpe-park-map.pdf

Cruz 06-26-2013 05:19 PM

Call in and have a chat at the bike shop in Woodford.

B1 06-26-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strummer (Post 21734624)
I'm no good to ya. Every time I go to Bellthorpe I get flat tyres. So I don't go anymore:D

B1 is the trail guru, tack onto one of his rides in there.

great for adventure riding, just link it up with conondale, jimna and other forests up to imbil or nanango. i've posted the usual ways through with gps files on the trans australia tracks site.

for dirt riding though, quite a few tracks are likely to give you punctures. and you wind up on restricted tracks pretty quickly once you are off the main track, monster killer hills and eventually you are riding past residents' backyards. all reasons i keep my dirt riding to glasshouse... legal, doesn't annoy residents and always options if you can't get back up a hill you just came down!

Dingo101 06-26-2013 06:06 PM

Ok B1 ill take your word for it, thanks for the advice.

Let me know when your planning on going for a ride, I'm on hols till Monday and doing the snail trail on Sunday. But if you want to head out for a blap in the next couple of days I'd be up for it.

Kallangur is my base. The names Greg :)

panhead_pete 06-26-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1 (Post 21735066)
, monster killer hills !

One of its nickmanes is Hellthorpe for good reason.....

Hardhead 06-26-2013 07:06 PM

Bellthorpe

It depends on the type of riding you are looking for. Bellthorpe has it all.
For a novice, you go in at Stoney Crk Rd just out of Woodford and stick to the main track and be pretty right. It will take you all the way through to Jimna. Its about 70km end to end and can take a few hours.

Just stay clear if there is any moisture around. The red clay is a tad slippery at times.

Its not a place for a beginner on their own though.

Cruz 06-26-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dingo101 (Post 21734472)
Hi folks.

Does anyone have any good info / links etc to bellthorpe state forest. I hear there are certain trails and hills for beginners right through to pro. I wanna get out there and have a crack, but I'm unsure where to begin.

Cheers
Dingo

What are you riding Dingo? Knobbies?

podge NT 06-27-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B2 (Post 21736847)
I could be persuaded to do a knarly hellthorpe ride out there the weekend after this one if you wan't and ofcource you have a dirt bike and dont mind dropping it and pushing and pushing and ofcource pushing some more - could get the old crew together and show you around - I could do with losing some weight :evil getting very unmatch fit riding with my 4 year old.
p.s and it would be soooooo much fun after this rain
p.s.s did I mention about pushing bikes up hills if not I should off ;-]

G' day mate you bin on holiday?

Beer'o'clock Baz 06-27-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podge NT (Post 21736999)
G' day mate you bin on holiday?

Hey bud
nah just laying low - just got over posting rides and coping shite about it :D ive bought/buying a couple diferant older bikes got rid of all my new bikes and spending more time with family

podge NT 06-27-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B2 (Post 21737014)
Hey bud
nah just laying low - just got over posting rides and coping shite about it :D ive bought/buying a couple diferant older bikes got rid of all my new bikes and spending more time with family

Good on ya you have to do that while you are young. I'm having a ball now my kids grown up.

B1 06-27-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardhead (Post 21735680)
Just stay clear if there is any moisture around. The red clay is a tad slippery at times.

a tad?! :lol3 last trip through there i lined it up and went perfectly straight, minimal throttle and bam, down in a flash with the bike and me sliding eventually to a stop. think i may have cracked a rib as its still sore a month later. it was a recce for the team moto 2 day ride so decided to take them all via kilcoy instead.

Beer'o'clock Baz 06-27-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by podge NT (Post 21737166)
Good on ya you have to do that while you are young. I'm having a ball now my kids grown up.

You will be pleased to hear the 690 is leaving me next week podge :D - its replacement should be ready for roadworthy by end of next week fingers crossed :clap

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:33 AM.