ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride reports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2013 Western US Ride (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900568)

TEWSTER2 07-02-2013 11:21 PM

2013 Western US Ride
 
I just finished putting together some videos from my trip through CO UT WY and MT. I hope they don't look too amateurish. They are guaranteed to make you fall asleep. www.youtube.com/tewster2

KryzHatch 07-04-2013 09:08 AM

Western US ride
 
Fantastic ride ! and fantastic job ! The "amateurish" side permit me to identify, to be on the bike. But I wasn't ! You should have hours of videos to have such nice images.
KH:clap:clap:clap

ckjj888 07-04-2013 11:41 AM

:eek1:eek1:eek1

TEWSTER2 07-04-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KryzHatch (Post 21789662)
Fantastic ride ! and fantastic job ! The "amateurish" side permit me to identify, to be on the bike. But I wasn't ! You should have hours of videos to have such nice images.
KH:clap:clap:clap

Thank you very much. This was my first venture recording a trip with video. I used to have a photography business but no experience with video. Thanks again for the kind words about the videos.

TEWSTER2 07-04-2013 10:20 PM

There are a few mistakes in the videos regarding dates and road names. My ahlziemers is kickin in I guess....

Oldone 07-05-2013 05:01 AM

Very unique....
 
This is a very unique way of doing a RR and this turned out great. Thanks for taking the time.....

Gary "Oldone" :gerg


Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
Grampa’s National Monument Ride

manfromthestix 07-05-2013 05:45 AM

Nice! I lived in Lander, Wyoming for decades and worked/played/rode all that area many times, gorgeous country. I'm not surprised you didn't have a good breakfast in Lander...

It looks like the WDOT finally finished rebuilding the highway over Togwotee Pass! Last time I rode it was a bit of a challenge:

http://manfromthestix.smugmug.com/Mo...06%20081-L.jpg

They'd put magnesium chloride on the road to keep the dust down, then it rained; that stuff was like GREASE, and it took scrubbing with a toilet brush to get it off! Much better ride with smooth, new asphalt.

It was great to see the snow up there, and I'm not surprised you almost froze camping in GTNP that night. The weather at those elevations can be unpredictable (yes, the date stamp is correct, June 1st):

http://manfromthestix.smugmug.com/ph...5%20%234-L.jpg

I'm at work :evil so don't have time to watch the YNP to Red Lodge video now, but of all the riding I've ever done that part of the world stands out like a beacon. Wonderful place, I miss it! Virginia is a fantastic place to ride, but it doesn't have the wide-open grandeur that the Rockies have. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I'm looking forward to checking out your other sections.

Doug

TRUBRIT 07-05-2013 06:54 AM

Nice job Tim
 
Two weeks today and we will be heading to CO, WY, MO, SD, etc. Doing most of the stuff you did so I really lucked out finding your Video Reports. Within a Year I expect to be moving to Boone NC and doing most of what you like to do there:1drinkI am not yet retired but I have had enough of SFL. Good health Tim.

1200gsceej 07-05-2013 09:04 PM

got a route?
 
I'm watching the videos. Don't mean to complain, but do you have a Google Map, GPS track, SPOT track? Something that shows your route? I'd really enjoy pasting the scenes you've captured in the videos onto a map showing where it is. Helps give me a picture of the country where I've not gone.
Looking forward to seeing what Colorado roads we've shared - or will have shared. I'm on my way back there on Monday! :clap
-ceej

TEWSTER2 07-06-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldone (Post 21795066)
This is a very unique way of doing a RR and this turned out great. Thanks for taking the time.....

Gary "Oldone" :gerg


Grampa’s Lake Superior Ride
Grampa’s National Monument Ride

You're very welcome. Glad you watched the videos.

TEWSTER2 07-06-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manfromthestix (Post 21795192)
Nice! I lived in Lander, Wyoming for decades and worked/played/rode all that area many times, gorgeous country. I'm not surprised you didn't have a good breakfast in Lander...

It looks like the WDOT finally finished rebuilding the highway over Togwotee Pass! Last time I rode it was a bit of a challenge:

http://manfromthestix.smugmug.com/Mo...06%20081-L.jpg

They'd put magnesium chloride on the road to keep the dust down, then it rained; that stuff was like GREASE, and it took scrubbing with a toilet brush to get it off! Much better ride with smooth, new asphalt.

It was great to see the snow up there, and I'm not surprised you almost froze camping in GTNP that night. The weather at those elevations can be unpredictable (yes, the date stamp is correct, June 1st):

http://manfromthestix.smugmug.com/ph...5%20%234-L.jpg

I'm at work :evil so don't have time to watch the YNP to Red Lodge video now, but of all the riding I've ever done that part of the world stands out like a beacon. Wonderful place, I miss it! Virginia is a fantastic place to ride, but it doesn't have the wide-open grandeur that the Rockies have. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I'm looking forward to checking out your other sections.

Doug

Yep Lander is a very beautiful place. The colors in that area of Wyoming are stunning. My breakfast was just cold and the sausage were hard. Oh well, cant win them all. This was my first time in the GTNP and it was truly awesome! Gonna get back there this fall for sure. I have a home in the NC mountains. GIve me a buzz sometime and we can get together. I always have a week in August for my FL friends to come up and get out of the heat down south. Cheers.....

TEWSTER2 07-06-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRUBRIT (Post 21795466)
Two weeks today and we will be heading to CO, WY, MO, SD, etc. Doing most of the stuff you did so I really lucked out finding your Video Reports. Within a Year I expect to be moving to Boone NC and doing most of what you like to do there:1drinkI am not yet retired but I have had enough of SFL. Good health Tim.

Hey I am retiring in June of next year and moving to my house outside of Asheville. Keep in touch and we can get together up there. Have fun out west, it is my favorite place.

TEWSTER2 07-06-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1200gsceej (Post 21800465)
I'm watching the videos. Don't mean to complain, but do you have a Google Map, GPS track, SPOT track? Something that shows your route? I'd really enjoy pasting the scenes you've captured in the videos onto a map showing where it is. Helps give me a picture of the country where I've not gone.
Looking forward to seeing what Colorado roads we've shared - or will have shared. I'm on my way back there on Monday! :clap
-ceej

I will be adding all the road names and areas to the descriptions on each video asap. The editing wore me out for a few days as I was hunting and pecking my way through! I will get the info up on the site soon. Thanks for taking the time to watch the videos.

brprider679 07-08-2013 03:27 PM

Western US Ride - Excellent!
 
Just wanted to say I think this is the best ride report I've ever watched. I made almost the same trek last year and really enjoyed the videos from your trip. Excellent!

TEWSTER2 07-09-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brprider679 (Post 21818641)
Just wanted to say I think this is the best ride report I've ever watched. I made almost the same trek last year and really enjoyed the videos from your trip. Excellent!

WOW thanks a lot. That area of the country is really beautiful. I look forward to getting out there every year. Hope to see you on the road sometime. Cheers.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014