ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ride the Rock Forum (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900822)

yamafitter 07-04-2013 02:05 AM

Ride the Rock Forum

I am also a member of the FJRForum and we are looking at having the Canadian FJR Rally out on "da Rock" next year. I've been routing around on the RidetheRock site and there is some good info on there but I would like to be able to ask a few questions but can't post because registration is closed to the forum over there.
Is there anyone here that is on that forum and could send a PM for me or has other info on how I may join??

Thanks

kelsow 07-07-2013 05:42 PM

I sent a message to one of the admins for you.

Just a matter of time now.

Canuman 07-07-2013 05:49 PM

They are a good group at RTR, and will take care of you.

Coolhand 07-10-2013 04:59 AM

Pm sent.

Newfiebullet 07-14-2013 11:43 AM

I've been trying to register there as well.

yamafitter 07-14-2013 01:59 PM

Thanks for the Help

Thanks guys. Got registered and have been doing some more research for the FJR Rally next year. A ride out to Trout River with a boat ride on one of the 'ponds' looks like a must do. The Seaside Restaurant in Trout River seems to be the place to go for some seafood. Does anyone have an exact address or waypoint for the restaurant?

Newfiebullet 07-14-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamafitter (Post 21864386)
Thanks guys. Got registered and have been doing some more research for the FJR Rally next year. A ride out to Trout River with a boat ride on one of the 'ponds' looks like a must do. The Seaside Restaurant in Trout River seems to be the place to go for some seafood. Does anyone have an exact address or waypoint for the restaurant?

Once you're in Trout River you won't have any trouble finding anything there. Trust me.

yamafitter 07-14-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newfiebullet (Post 21864436)
Once you're in Trout River you won't have any trouble finding anything there. Trust me.

That is kind of what if figured since I've seen photos of Trout River. Unfortunately some of my FJR friends are so fixated on their GPS they could ride right into the lobby of the place and if the GPS told them to keep going they would ride right out into the gulf.

damurph 07-14-2013 02:14 PM

Tell them to look at the scenery there not the GPS. And the restaurant is not big enough to have a lobby.

Newfiebullet 07-15-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamafitter (Post 21864461)
that is kind of what if figured since i've seen photos of trout river. Unfortunately some of my fjr friends are so fixated on their gps they could ride right into the lobby of the place and if the gps told them to keep going they would ride right out into the gulf.

:lol

huron52 07-15-2013 09:00 AM

Good for you Bill for taking on another one! I tried to smooth talk Scott but he would have nothing to do with it.

Newfiebullet 07-19-2013 04:28 AM

Still trying

I'm still trying to register at RTR, but no luck. I'm very surprised there's no way to contact a moderator without being registered, and no way to register.

smoothride 07-19-2013 07:53 AM

I just send a message to them. Saying that you couldn't register. There is a contact button on the bottom of the page. Maybe try having someone else try register you.

Newfiebullet 07-19-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothride (Post 21903815)
I just send a message to them. Saying that you couldn't register. There is a contact button on the bottom of the page. Maybe try having someone else try register you.

I don't see any contact button, or I would go that route. I've sent a pm to coolhand, and posted on LHB, all I can really do now is wait and see.

CaptD 10-30-2013 05:55 PM

Ride The Rock back online

Just saw that the new Ride The Rock forum is now up and running. You must rejoin/register. www.ridetherock.com.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:48 AM.