ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I'm looking for a temporary home.... (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900940)

Wingfixer 07-04-2013 03:09 PM

I'm looking for a temporary home....
 
in San Francisco.

I am going to be in San Francisco from mid August until the end of September training for a new job. I am looking for anyone that has a spare room, couch, corner of a garage, etc that they would like to rent cheap. I'm talking KLR type cheap here. :lol3

I would prefer someplace close to the airport (SFO) or at least within a reasonable distance. While I am there I won't be around much, if at all, during the day. I am pretty handy and, schedule permitting, am willing to help out with house hold chores, wrenching on bikes or cars or any other menial type work that will be helpful.

I'll be riding my Concours 14 out so I will also need a place to park it.

PM me if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

K. L. Rocket 07-04-2013 07:28 PM

"Cheap" and "close" to SFO may be someplace other than SF:
<IFRAME height=350 marginHeight=0 src="https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=San+Francisco+Internatio nal+Airport,+San+Francisco,+CA&daddr=&geocode=FRT7 PQId3Ii0-CE_7c0aV1zypClVVVVVjHePgDE_7c0aV1zypA&aq=0&oq=sfo& sll=37.694616,-122.403675&sspn=0.221678,0.439453&hl=en&mra=ls&ie= UTF8&ll=37.694616,-122.403675&spn=0.221678,0.439453&t=m&output=embed" frameBorder=0 width=425 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<SMALL>View Larger Map</SMALL><SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL>Bay Area Rapid Transit/BART:</SMALL>
<SMALL>http://www.bart.gov/images/global/system-map.gif</SMALL>
<SMALL>http://www.bart.gov/stations/sfia/directions.aspx</SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL></SMALL>
<SMALL>ADV tent space listings:
<IFRAME height=350 marginHeight=0 src="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:%2F%2Ftentspace.ridetoeat.com%2Fgmap%2 Fartents130702.kmz&hl=en&t=m&ie=UTF8&ll=30.751278,-50.273437&spn=112.777667,228.339844&output=embed" frameBorder=0 width=425 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<SMALL>View Larger Map</SMALL></SMALL>
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776925


You could break up tent space stays by hostelling intermittantly 20 miles from SFO, but take the longer way on Hwy 92 for fun:
http://www.hihostels.com/pics/US/060...detail1_l.jpeg
http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels...-060087.en.htm


You may also want to check CL for other housing options and to get a feel for local rent rates:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/hhh/


Good luck!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingfixer (Post 21791922)
in San Francisco.

I am going to be in San Francisco from mid August until the end of September training for a new job. I am looking for anyone that has a spare room, couch, corner of a garage, etc that they would like to rent cheap. I'm talking KLR type cheap here. :lol3

I would prefer someplace close to the airport (SFO) or at least within a reasonable distance. While I am there I won't be around much, if at all, during the day. I am pretty handy and, schedule permitting, am willing to help out with house hold chores, wrenching on bikes or cars or any other menial type work that will be helpful.

I'll be riding my Concours 14 out so I will also need a place to park it.

PM me if you have any further questions.

Thanks.


Wingfixer 07-05-2013 07:43 AM

Thanks for the reply! The hostel idea has some merit, I will look into that. The company I am going to work for has a deal with the Red Roof near the training facility but I won't be getting paid until I am done with training.

psychohawk 07-06-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingfixer (Post 21795729)
... but I won't be getting paid until I am done with training.

uhm, does that mean: a) lump sum after training? or, b) no pay for training?

If B and you're not paid for training, that's illegal and you may want to rethink the job.

Wingfixer 07-06-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychohawk (Post 21805676)
uhm, does that mean: a) lump sum after training? or, b) no pay for training?

If B and you're not paid for training, that's illegal and you may want to rethink the job.

I am being paid a per-diem while in training. This is industry standard for airline training. Nothing illegal about it as far as I know.

dirtypumpkin 07-08-2013 01:43 AM

Some good tips posted, also check out the site www.airbnb.com.
Rooms etc for rent 1 night - 1 month+.

Wingfixer 07-08-2013 06:03 AM

Thanks, thats a good site.

Off Limits 08-06-2013 10:01 PM

Did you find a cheap place in sf?

Just Paul 08-07-2013 08:43 PM

You could also couchsurf

couchsurfing.org

Free and just move around every couple of days
Plus meet cool people

Wingfixer 08-10-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Limits (Post 22044897)
Did you find a cheap place in sf?

Nope, its looking like I'm going to have to take the deal the company has with a nearby hotel. Not a great deal but I think I can swing it.

BanjoBoy 08-10-2013 09:12 PM

Ya might wanta sell yer soul, 'n join BARF Lotz bay area mc enthusiasts that'd prolly help ya out there. :thumb
If'n ya gotta purdie mouf, I can set ya up w/ couch space, butt I'm about 80 mi. north of the airport.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014