ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KTM 640 Adventure Seat (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90119)

bedaniel 08-02-2005 03:20 PM

KTM 640 Adventure Seat

Can anyone recommend a decent comfortable replacement seat for my 640. The stock one is great off road, however I'm looking to do a 4 week trip from Dubai, across Iran, Pakistan, India to Nepal and back. Don't want to be paralysed from the arse up by the vibrations. Searched but got a lot of non specific threads.

Cheers.

B.

Jeepboy 08-02-2005 03:49 PM

Wrong forum, but I'd recommend Bojangles (Renazco Racing).

Loadedagain 08-02-2005 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepboy
Wrong forum, but I'd recommend Bojangles (Renazco Racing).

like he said... try the thumper forum if this thread is not moved there... and...

boejangles did mine. it rawks...

http://loadedagain.smugmug.com/photos/29747559-M.jpg

fire_strom 08-04-2005 01:16 PM

the ktm "comfort" seat is a huge improvement over stock for less than 100$us.

scott

Loadedagain 08-04-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire_strom
the ktm "comfort" seat is a huge improvement over stock for less than 100$us.

scott

i agree. have one of those as well as my boejangles unit. ... lemme tell youz... the boejangles piece is worth the extra dosh.

Velocibiker 08-04-2005 04:31 PM

If you want even more of a butt cushion, I got my saddle re-worked by Bill Mayer Saddles. Ass bliss.

crankshaft 08-04-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedaniel
Can anyone recommend a decent comfortable replacement seat for my 640. The stock one is great off road, however I'm looking to do a 4 week trip from Dubai, across Iran, Pakistan, India to Nepal and back. Don't want to be paralysed from the arse up by the vibrations. Searched but got a lot of non specific threads.

Cheers.

B.

I'm ordering a junk of gel, and some memory foam to see if I can make mine better. It helps that my wife can sew!

meat popsicle 08-04-2005 04:51 PM

if you don't already know this, you should try a pair of bicycle or MC specific shorts (underwear). I have a Boejangles and have done 4 hours straight in the saddle. While I was fatigued, the only thing that really bothered me was the burning feeling of where the seams of my underwear were - it sucks!

I bought a pair of EVS Sports Bruiser Shorts (PP05) for $50+. They have the chamois where you sit (:tb) and pads for when you fall. I will be trying them out after work thru the weekend - long trip! :ricky report in the equipment forum entitled "bruiser shorts"

Might be a cheaper way to last on the stock seat, or with the KTM comfort seat. I am thinking even with the Boejangles saddle. :evil

BlitzBike 08-04-2005 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meat popsicle
if you don't already know this, you should try a pair of bicycle or MC specific shorts (underwear). I have a Boejangles and have done 4 hours straight in the saddle. While I was fatigued, the only thing that really bothered me was the burning feeling of where the seams of my underwear were - it sucks!

I bought a pair of EVS Sports Bruiser Shorts (PP05) for $50+. They have the chamois where you sit (:tb) and pads for when you fall. I will be trying them out after work thru the weekend - long trip! :ricky report in the equipment forum entitled "bruiser shorts"

Might be a cheaper way to last on the stock seat, or with the KTM comfort seat. I am thinking even with the Boejangles saddle. :evil

I hear you on those freaking seams. I did a 260 mile journey across alligator alley and back and was so crippled by the blisters that formed because of seams that I couldn't walk let alone ride afterwards.

Buckster 08-05-2005 03:48 AM

There can be only one.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...r/06280001.jpg

Bojangles/Renazco seats rule.

Happe 08-05-2005 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedaniel

Cheers.

B.

:huh
4 weeks Dubai, Nepal and back??
Do you have a helicopter connected to your Lc4?
There is no time for errors in your calculation.

or food,

or sleep

or whatever :eek1

Hope all your paperwork is ok, already arrived and you have plenty of buckshish with you.

cheers

Stefan

Buckster 08-05-2005 07:58 AM

Depends on his nationality, but 4 weeks is a waste, you cannot sample the diverse cultures in that time. Iran alone is a total pleasure to ride.

Happe 08-05-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster
Depends on his nationality, but 4 weeks is a waste, you cannot sample the diverse cultures in that time. Iran alone is a total pleasure to ride.

You're right.
A friend of mine was in Iran this May. He actually planned to go further to Turkmenistan but he was so stunned by Iran that he spend all his time (5 weeks) in Iran.

cheers

Stefan

Buckster 08-05-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happe
You're right.
A friend of mine was in Iran this May. He actually planned to go further to Turkmenistan but he was so stunned by Iran that he spend all his time (5 weeks) in Iran.

cheers

Stefan

When I did my first RTW, I planned on giving Iran a week tops, but ended up staying nearly two months, I was over there earlier this year just to visit friends I made back in '86, I have been over there every couple of years since. It is one of the places I am seriously considering for when I retire.

Happe 08-05-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckster
I have been over there every couple of years since. It is one of the places I am seriously considering for when I retire.

Before I retire I want to ride the silk road. At least one way.
Actually its on the agenda for the next three years.

we will see.
First Tunesia in December :evil

cheers

Stefan

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:23 PM.