ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   GS Boxers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Who prefers the AC over the LC & why? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=902902)

mkletecka 07-12-2013 01:36 AM

Who prefers the AC over the LC & why?
 
The other day I "briefly" test rode the new LC GS. I liked it, but I also like the previous AC version it replaced. Without going into what I liked/didn't like, Id like to hear from other GS riders regarding there feelings about the two?

atg 07-12-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkletecka (Post 21846805)
The other day I "briefly" test rode the new LC GS. I liked it, but I also like the previous AC version it replaced. Without going into what I liked/didn't like, Id like to hear from other GS riders regarding there feelings about the two?

My LC is my fourth GS 1200. I liked it best from all the previous ones:

2005 standard, 2006 premium, 2011 premium

The main reasons, in no particular order, are:

Stronger engine
Greater confort
Better windshield protection
Easier adjustment on windshield height
Better instrument cluster
Better paint finish
Lighter feeling
Riding modes
Better ESA
Better lights (LED)
Nicer styling
Better luggage and better way of attachment to the bike
Better gas mileage
Easier seat adjustment and ease of fitting it to the bike
Cruise control
Switch cluster
GPS mount
Lighter clutch pull

What I prefere on the previous model:

Clutch
Original turn signal switch
Engine sound
Prooven reliability
Greater under seat space for tools
Greater variety of non original accessories
Side stand position

Definetelly would not go back !

Andre

JM 07-12-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkletecka (Post 21846805)
The other day I "briefly" test rode the new LC GS. I liked it, but I also like the previous AC version it replaced. Without going into what I liked/didn't like, Id like to hear from other GS riders regarding there feelings about the two?

Have you watched the Touratech video where they compare the 2013 GSA and the 2013 LC? I went with the GSA for the low end grunt off road. The LC has many advantages over the GSA in the bells and whistles department but being able to control it off road was a concern of mine. I think the twitcher throttle control would be a real problem for me bouncing around trying to go slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMaGYBbhF70

kencc 07-12-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atg (Post 21847137)
My LC is my fourth GS 1200. I liked it best from all the previous ones:

2005 standard, 2006 premium, 2011 premium

The main reasons, in no particular order, are:

Stronger engine
Greater confort
Better windshield protection
Easier adjustment on windshield height
Better instrument cluster
Better paint finish
Lighter feeling
Riding modes
Better ESA
Better lights (LED)
Nicer styling
Better luggage and better way of attachment to the bike
Better gas mileage
Easier seat adjustment and ease of fitting it to the bike
Cruise control
Switch cluster
GPS mount
Lighter clutch pull

What I prefere on the previous model:

Clutch
Original turn signal switch
Engine sound
Prooven reliability
Greater under seat space for tools
Greater variety of non original accessories
Side stand position

Definetelly would not go back !

Andre

Very well done biggest complaint for me is the turn signals

TuefelHunden 07-12-2013 05:49 AM

I wanted the GS because it was simple to operate and maintain. IMO the LC doesn't fit into the "simple" category. The more electronics the more things fail. Wait until you have to pay for parts on the LC. I also like having the right oil to do the right job. When it comes to performance, the real difference is the rider not AC or LC.

Desert Skies 07-12-2013 06:08 AM

I prefer my AC for one reason. It's payed for. :1drink

JimVonBaden 07-12-2013 07:21 AM

I love AC. I am a naturally hot person by nature.

Wait, AC. is that a NEW name for AirHead, or OilHead, or Hexhead or Camhead? :scratch

Jim :brow

Gillus 07-12-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Skies (Post 21847765)
I prefer my AC for one reason. It's payed for. :1drink

Mine 2

bmwrider1946 07-12-2013 01:58 PM

The best off road rider I know bought the LC and he says it actually makes him a better rider. Really likes the selectable ride modes for off road.

sdpc2 07-12-2013 06:58 PM

Just about any of the AC's!!! To me the LC feels more like a jap bike. No soul, too much plastic

pielet97 07-12-2013 07:28 PM

Embarrassing
 
As a group, are we really that slow that we can't realize the aforementioned "AC" models are not air cooled, but liquid (oil) cooled???

JM 07-12-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pielet97 (Post 21853488)
As a group, are we really that slow that we can't realize the aforementioned "AC" models are not air cooled, but liquid (oil) cooled???

What percentage of the cooling is done by air, oil or the new liquid?

Realistically they are all air cooled aren't they? Bigger picture, what cools the oil or the new liquid?

:slurp

VEGASGSA 07-12-2013 09:37 PM

Hexhead please..at least the horn doesn't stick..and the blinkers work regardless of ambient temperature..:lol3

RichBMW 07-12-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdpc2 (Post 21853290)
Just about any of the AC's!!! To me the LC feels more like a jap bike. No soul, too much plastic

Nah, that's bollocks:lol3

/dev/null 07-13-2013 12:09 AM

I agree with most everything you said, and currently think I'll jump on the bandwagon with an LC GSA in 2014/15-ish.

Except for this:
Quote:

Originally Posted by atg (Post 21847137)
Better instrument cluster

It seems like every year the GS cluster gets worse, and with the 2013, they really pulled out all the stops. At the current rate of "improvement", by 2025, the tach will have become so small as to form a singularity, sucking in the Earth, moon, and most of the adjacent planets, ending all life as we know it.

They seriously need to abandon the analog speedo and go to the near universal standard of digital speedo, analog tach.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014