ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Any Golfers In Florida?? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903548)

DeeGee 07-14-2013 12:18 PM

Any Golfers In Florida??

Strange request on a bike forum, but if you don't ask and all that!

I normally have a biking holiday with my missus for our annual vacation (see the links below), but this year we've booked a family holiday to Florida where we'll be staying on I drive and doing all the Disney stuff.

It will be our second visit and last time we stayed there we managed to get a couple of games of golf in, but this time my eldest son isn't going so I'll not have a golfing buddy. Is any of you up for a game? I'll be over the first two weeks in August.

Cheers

DG

Philip Kuntz 07-14-2013 04:05 PM

I went to a driving range once, could barely hit the little ball. That was 20 yrs ago, I probably suck even worse now. That said, I will kick your ass at Wii golf. :deal

doc4216 07-14-2013 04:31 PM

I do but of course it is when I will be up north in NY/PA!

Huzband 07-14-2013 04:44 PM

One of my riding buddies has been known to haul his clubs on the bike. I'll point him to this thread.

Dr.Z 07-14-2013 04:54 PM

I'm not far from Orlando. I hack at the ball around the course a bit. Not really good at it. As a matter of fact, I suck! But... I have a good time doing it. Being the cheap bastid that I am, I wouldn't pay more than $35-$40 for 18 holes at a local course. Plenty of those around my place. My FIL likes to play golf and he's retired. He can play anytime. I have a M-F gig so I'm somewhat limited on the times I can play. Not sure how good of a golfer you are but, if you're patient, and don't like to keep score, maybe we can all hook up when you're here. :deal

DeeGee 07-14-2013 07:35 PM

Cheers guys!

Typical Doc! :huh

Thanks Huzband I'd appreciate that :thumb

Dr. Z sounds like a plan! I'm ok, I have a handicap of 12 and I'm happy to pay that kind of dollar for a game, although I'd have to hire a set of clubs too. I'm not too bothered about keeping a card, be just good to get out on a nice course and swing the clubs while I'm away and of course the obligatory beer afterwards :freaky

Dr.Z 07-14-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeGee (Post 21866743)
Cheers guys!

Typical Doc! :huh

Thanks Huzband I'd appreciate that :thumb

Dr. Z sounds like a plan! I'm ok, I have a handicap of 12 and I'm happy to pay that kind of dollar for a game, although I'd have to hire a set of clubs too. I'm not too bothered about keeping a card, be just good to get out on a nice course and swing the clubs while I'm away and of course the obligatory beer afterwards :freaky

12 handicap, eh... well, you're in for a long day if I tag along. :rofl

I'm thinking you can borrow some clubs. I have a spare set. :deal

Obligatory beer before, during, and afterwards is in order! :freaky

There's a few courses less than 10 miles from my place... Diamondback, Grenelefe, Oakwood, Willowbrook, Ridgewood Lakes, & Highland's Reserve just to name a few. Most of those are $45 or less per hacker in the summer I believe.

DeeGee 07-15-2013 09:08 AM

Sounds like my kinda round, over here we call it bolfing boozing and golfing. Only snag I'll have is we aren't getting a car this time around as we've got transfers to all the parks etc. how's the public transport system to get to the courses?

Dr.Z 07-15-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeGee (Post 21870236)
Sounds like my kinda round, over here we call it bolfing boozing and golfing. Only snag I'll have is we aren't getting a car this time around as we've got transfers to all the parks etc. how's the public transport system to get to the courses?

I'm sure the transport system in Disney is great for their courses. But... their courses are $$$.

I don't believe the public transport to golf courses 20-30 miles away from Disney is any good unless you take a taxi. :lol3

Philip Kuntz 07-15-2013 06:17 PM

Dr.Z taxi service? Its not such a stretch.:ricky

Hatch 07-15-2013 06:45 PM

http://www.xtrememx.com/images/TShirt/TShirt8_3.jpg
:deal

DeeGee 07-15-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatch (Post 21874970)

Ha ha reminds me of this Ricky Fowler Vid. For those who don't know Ricky Fowler, he was (and still is) a pretty good moto crosser and was going to persue it as a career until a bad injury to one of his feet cut it short. He then concentrated on the golf. Tour pro now famous for wearing the (KTM?) orange. :deal

http://youtu.be/6vyOAhP2QqM

jaydee1445 07-16-2013 12:17 PM

Worst Afternoon of my life was when I won a sales contest and prize was a day off with a round of golf at one of the nicer C.C. near Disney. :puke1 Rather spend the day being hung up on while making sales calls.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:53 PM.