ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Dakar Widow's Bivouac Jabber (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=910496)

XSpearsX 08-09-2013 10:49 AM

Dakar Widow's Bivouac Jabber

I've been contacted numerous times this past month about our plans for Dakar '14. I've been busy building my (non Dakar) business, caring for my son and enjoying our summer - yet we have not stopped working towards the upcoming Dakar and Freedom Rally Racing.

Some highlights of what's going on currently -
  • 3 riders so far. Have room for 1 more
  • Building and prepping rally bikes
  • Support truck being sent off for an overhaul
  • Shopping for a new motorhome
  • 2 mechanics have been signed
  • Rally bikes for sale and/or lease; both new and used
  • Revamped support packages
  • Added spectator packages
  • Working a new dedicated website
  • Working on 2014 Tshirt designs

Busy, busy, busy! I am going to start getting our previous years videos and photos put together so I can share links with you & will post in this thread. Start sharing our events and builds etc. Lots of visual....because that's really what we care about, right =)

I just uploaded Part 1 from a Dakar Q and A seminar we did. Stories from team owner, Mike Stanfield, team manager and lead mechanic, Scott Spears, and infamous 150 pilot, Luis Belaustegui.

Here is the video link - Enjoy! http://youtu.be/BjXcdYxVK2M

wrk2surf 08-09-2013 10:53 AM

Looking forward to watching the progress ! :clap

snowhawk jockey 08-09-2013 11:23 AM

Thanks for bringing the Freedom Rally Racing team to ADVrider! I love all the stories and legends that are borne from the efforts of guys like Luis and Mike. Keep up the good team work.:clap

XSpearsX 08-09-2013 04:17 PM

Does anyone want us to put together the part 2 and 3 of the video I shared above? Would need to be edited, so want to know before we go thru the work.

DruncleWill 08-09-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSpearsX (Post 22066295)
Does anyone want us to put together the part 2 and 3 of the video I shared above? Would need to be edited, so want to know before we go thru the work.

Pretty please! :clap

zenjen 08-09-2013 04:44 PM

Thanks, Sandi. - I appreciate what you do to bring the behind-the-scenes news from Freedom Rally Racing to this forum. :thumb

Good to see that F.R.R.-Dakar T-shirts will be available to civilians this year. I'm definitely in for a couple.

It's great that the efforts of Mr. Stanfield and Scott are taking hold and that the Freedom Rally Racing team is growing. :beer

XSpearsX 08-09-2013 05:45 PM

First 2 years we had tons of shirts. Last year, only for crew. If you want one this year, I'd need to know soon, so I can try to make it happen for you.

Might have a new shirt of two from last year that I was thinking about giving away. (I personally have several, but are used and small...so probably wouldn't want the shirt off my back lol) I'll let you know if I come up with any....or with any Dakar memorabilia. And figure out how to choose.

zenjen 08-09-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSpearsX (Post 22066845)
First 2 years we had tons of shirts. Last year, only for crew. If you want one this year, I'd need to know soon, so I can try to make it happen for you.

Might have a new shirt of two from last year that I was thinking about giving away. (I personally have several, but are used and small...so probably wouldn't want the shirt off my back lol) I'll let you know if I come up with any....or with any Dakar memorabilia. And figure out how to choose.

I'd like a shot at any Dakar 2013 swag you come up with (to celebrate Luis "150" B's finish) and I'm in for a 2014 Freedom R.R. T-shirt in large.

XSpearsX 08-10-2013 08:26 AM

Will dig around next week and see what '13 swag we can find. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zenjen (Post 22067084)
I'd like a shot at any Dakar 2013 swag you come up with (to celebrate Luis "150" B's finish) and I'm in for a 2014 Freedom R.R. T-shirt in large.

garfey 08-11-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSpearsX (Post 22066295)

The backstory is almost always more interesting than what's above the fold, so, speaking purely from the standpoint of a vicarious adventurer, yes, of course. On the other hand, it sounds as if you have quite enough on your plate as is so I'd feel a bit guilty that you'd have to invest time that could be spent more productively otherwise.

Part 1 was fun and informative, but had you not mentioned Parts 2 & 3 I'd have been perfectly happy having been gifted with that highly enjoyable 15 minute look behind the scenes.

Thanks muchly for Part 1 and the thread. I'll be looking for updates.

doyle 08-12-2013 05:49 AM

Good stuff and looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

Bluebull2007 08-12-2013 10:56 AM

Great news!

The big question is the 150 going to be back>??

More video is AWALYS good. Thanks for the effort! :thumb

XSpearsX 08-13-2013 08:24 AM

Sadly, I have to inform the 150 is retired. It all began to say....It can and did. Now that it has been accomplished. Retired. Moving on to new dreams.

XSpearsX 08-13-2013 08:26 AM

Never too busy for Dakar stuff!! I'll work on making it happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfey (Post 22074823)
On the other hand, it sounds as if you have quite enough on your plate as is so I'd feel a bit guilty that you'd have to invest time that could be spent more productively otherwise.

Deadly99 08-13-2013 01:33 PM

Thanks for taking the time :freaky

Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:24 PM.